Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThackerSS View Post
    I too myself have become completely burnt out on doing dailies. I leveled every faction in Pandaria to exalted aside from August celestials and I have absolutely no desire to ever do another daily at this point
    And this is why you are burnt out.

Why already are you exalted with every faction?

You really needed to be? You don't have that much self control that you HAVE to do every single faction you can every day to get to exalted with everyone as quickly as possible?

Instead of smashing your face into them and coming to the forums and moaning and bitching about it, how about maybe you do one faction per day.

This is what I am doing (well tbh I do do Tillers every day) and I have not once ever been close to Valor Capped and I have capped my weekly valor every single week since hitting 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scoona View Post
    Please do tell me how you are almost revered with shado pan just from questing in Townlong. I am a human with the rep racial and in a lvl 25 guild. I have completed all Kun-Lia shado pan quests completed all townlong quests and the sha quest for boots and i just hit honored.
    Which means you have access to VP gear alreay.

I have seen many people win weapons from raid bosses using the coin system so your argument is invalid.
    My argument is not invalid. I also got a weapon thanks to the coin. I was rewarded for playing more of the game than someone who just raids.

Working as intended.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    And this is why you are burnt out.

Why already are you exalted with every faction?
    These people remind me of dogs that get into the giant bag of dog food, and lack the reflex to stop eating, so they just keep eating, vomiting, and eating more.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    There doesn't need to be a 'solution'. If you can't play every day, so what? They're not mandatory, you shouldn't feel "left out" because you're not missing anything that's required.
    sorry but as long as they are the only way to get charms they are mandatory

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The solution is already in the game, but people just aren't paying attention to it.

Dailies do not need to be done every day. If you want to do them every day, go for it, but you do not need to. A lot of slack has been built into the system to ensure that you can skip a few days every so often (or even an entire week if you like), and you won't fall behind in any significant way.

Exalted is completely optional. Revered is simple to get, and you don't even need to get revered with all factions ASAP due to the weekly valor cap. So long as you hit revered with at least 1 faction every couple of weeks, then you're on target and can't spend your valor points any faster or get geared quicker.

As for the charms, again, you only need to do 45 dailies per week, or ~6-7 per day. That's easy.

The players have forced themselves to do dailies every day. Not Blizzard. Blizzard have built in a lot of clever slack points so that you can skip a few days of dailies and still stay competitive. Or even not do them at all, your choice.

There is no daily problem. There is a community problem where people cannot control themselves and feel forced to do dailies, when the only person forcing them is themselves. THIS problem is why we got less content in prior expansions; because of this exact community backlash.
    This guy has it down.

I need to make a file to copy and paste my explanation of how you only need to do 1 set of dailies at a time so when threads like this keep popping up saying there's a daily problem and they have to do 30 dailies a day I can just copy and paste the path of dailies from rep to rep.

There is no daily problem. Only ignorant people. Ignorant is the correct word and not an insult. Perhaps lazy if not ignorant, but most people think you need to do every faction every day, but you still will have to wait for the valor.

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Which means you have access to VP gear alreay.
    Yes but in saying that only humans can hit honored or the rare chance of that 1000 rep to all faction drop off the silver elite. I did the exact same quests on my shaman that cant be human and i am 500 rep short of honored i am farming Golden lotus rep to unlock shado pan ( at my choice btw not forced). Also you never told how you almost got revered so i can get honored with my shaman and get my back piece.

You also can get honored with the Klaxxi quite easily with out dailies if any one is interested in a valor neck piece.
    I QQ at QQers who QQ about people QQing

Deleted
    I didn't really see as many people complaining about having nothing to do as I see complaining that they don't like dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Conzar View Post
    JP gear being hidden behind rep is quite bewildering too. They are worse than Heroic dungeon blues, yet are hidden away behind about a fortnight of dailies (varies depending on faction).

People need to realise that the rep is not the gating factor behind getting gear, Valour Points are.

I'd like to see the next weekly VP cap raised if you reach cap this week. For example, if I reach my 1000 this week (far too easy) next week's cap goes up to 1100. If I cap that, it goes up to 1200. If I fail to reach the cap one week, it drops by 50.
    JP gear is no longer hidden behind rep and hasn't been since about week 2 of MoP.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    Charms aren't mandatory. Weird I don't recall charms in Cata. Did I miss those? No? Oh that's right it's just an INCENTIVE to do dailies not mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Oh, what a detailed critique, thanks for that, I can really use your argument to better understand my own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy
    I will try it like this then: Your analogy sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Before this change:
    "ffs blizz dailies are like workin. they b mandatory. aint got nobody time for dat. stupid retards at blizz givin me chores. i cant do dailys and be competetetif"

After these changes:
    "wtf blizz, old system was good. so i need to do em every week now?? rtards classic wow without changes was better. mop kills wow i quit"
    Pretty much sums it all up.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    I didn't really see as many people complaining about having nothing to do as I see complaining that they don't like dailies.
    Easy explanation - people who didn't have anything to do just stopped playing altogether.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    They could just bring back rep tabbards.

Simple's
    How is grinding dungeons more engaging for the player than having random dailies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

i dont really mind the amount of dailies, and i do them at my leisure and feel like im not missing out on much. I did just have a thought though, what happened to those Heroic dungeons that gave rep from mobs killed? Maybe 1 or 2 of them for various factions @ 1 or 2 rep per mob may ease the QQ?
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

It doesn't really matter how much you post in this thread with good logic. People will still complain because the game doesn't exactly give them what they want.

After four pages of people saying dailies are not mandatory and giving perfectly good arguments why you get a comment like:
    Keep doing that instead of actually adding to the discussion. This way you will never get a good solution to cater to everyone, if there actually is one or if it's even worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's turn this "charms are mandatory!" argument on its head:

Raiding is mandatory! You keep telling me I can only do dailies and nothing else to get my rep and valor points and buy my gear, but they keep giving me Charms! Charms can ONLY be used on raid bosses to get a second roll! Why is Blizzard forcing people who only want to do dailies to raid?

You say I can just ignore the charms and be happy with my VP/rep rewards and fancy mounts, but the charms are there so I HAVE TO USE THEM. I don't care if raiding AND doing dailies means I'll get more chance for rewards altogether, this is forcing a playstyle on me! I never had to do this in The Burning Wrath of the Cataclysm!

--

See how stupid that is? And it's exactly your argument. Nothing has changed for you if you elect not do varied types of content concurrently. Dailies still give their own rewards (except better), raid bosses still drop loot. Saying that someone who decides to do both gets more rewards than you, and therefore you think it's mandatory - this is nothing new, and this is the very definition of working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThackerSS View Post
    I posted this on the wow official forums, but I was wondering what you guys thought of this idea as well. Feel free to extend on the idea.

So I've been reading the forums a lot lately and I think it's quite apparent that people are upset with the current daily "issue".

I too myself have become completely burnt out on doing dailies. I leveled every faction in Pandaria to exalted aside from August celestials and I have absolutely no desire to ever do another daily at this point.

So when pondering this issue, that's when I had this idea. It's a solution that's so simple it boggles the mind.

Simply switch the dailies to weeklys, increase the reputation gained x7 per quest... everyone wins.

Here's why:
    Less pressure on the player base to log in each and everyday to do repetitive content yet still produces the same rewards in the same amount of time over the long term. This allows players to manage their time in the game and how it's spent a bit better. Many people have jobs and or other responsibilities that prevents them from logging in each and everyday and these players naturally feel "left behind" Players that feel left behind or overwelmed aren't going to want to play your game as they feel they will never be at or near the top of the pack but I gurantee most could make time to fit the set of dailies in over the course of a week.

I know from a business standpoint you guys earn revenue by keeping people subscribed, but I would venture to say people would stay subscribed more without the pressure and burnout of dailies if they felt they could earn the same rewards over the span of a week instead.

This reason also fits better within the quest structures you guys have created for the lore of the game. You expect me to believe I just swiped out 200 of the mantid forces and they are back again the next day to do the same thing? Psh.

This would also reduce server load and reduce bandwidth, which is apparently an issue as well as you guys have created CRZ to alleviate dead server time. Less players bombarding the servers each and everyday at peak times is a benefit for you guy's I'm sure of it.

I believe most players would still handle this structrure as "dailies" as they would do one faction per day. They would still be doing dailies just with much less effort exerted. There is PLENTY of content in this game from leveling alts, to chasing achivements to chasing transmog gear etc... there's no reason you have given players this daily pressure to "keep up with the jones's". You guys know that people have addictive personalities and will chase dailies each day for minor upgrades. You can still achieve the same result you want (keeping subscribers) by allowing people to manage their time better over the course of a week instead of throwing 40 quests at them per day. You will have a happier playerbase, and will maintain more subscribers this way long term. No one that has 4 hours a day to play this game when they get home (and thats giving too much in most cases) do they want to spend this doing dailies on one character for minor upgrades.

I know now that I've stopped my "daily grind" and I've started chasing other goals in the game it's become 100x more enjoyable than when I was chasing golden lotus / shado pan exalted on a daily basis and I plan on staying a subscriber for a long time.

Weeklys, make the switch.

Input?
    Thanks,
    Imexiel
    I have to say your suggestion is amazing, amazingly lazy. You want 7 days of rep for one days effort. No. Want the reward, make the effort, or hold your breath until 5.1 comes along then you can get double rep.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    There is no daily problem. There is a community problem where people cannot control themselves and feel forced to do dailies, when the only person forcing them is themselves. THIS problem is why we got less content in prior expansions; because of this exact community backlash.
    Hang on a second. The problem isn't that people do too many dailies and then complain about being burnt out. I'm not sure where you got that idea. The problem is that people log in, and if they wish to work on progressing their character, their only option is grind out daily quests.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 08:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I have to say your suggestion is amazing, amazingly lazy. You want 7 days of rep for one days effort. No. Want the reward, make the effort, or hold your breath until 5.1 comes along then you can get double rep.
    Valor gear pieces aren't really a reward any more, they're mandatory. You need that gear to unlock other aspects of the game. You can't get into LFR versions of the last two zones using dungeon gear (463 drops in heroics, 470 average ilvl required to enter HoF). The whole point of LFR is that it's for people who aren't running normal modes / heroic raids, so clearly the intended audience aren't getting lvl 470+ items from anywhere other than dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    Hang on a second. The problem isn't that people do too many dailies and then complain about being burnt out. I'm not sure where you got that idea. The problem is that people log in, and if they wish to work on progressing their character, their only option is grind out daily quests.
    No, they can also raid, or run heroics, or level professions, or PvP.

Oh, you've done all those things? The only thing left is dailies, and you hate dailies?

What are you even asking for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    I would like to see what content is denied from you by not having charms.

Wrath: This is so stupid! You mean to tell me that I can only do 10 dailies per day? I have nothing to do after those 10
    Cata: ONLY 25? YOU DONT LISTEN TO US
    MoP: STOP FORCING ME TO DO DAILIES EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

There are some very old blue posts on this, but back in the day people begged and pleaded with the developers to give them more casual content and to raise the daily cap. At first it was met with a big fat NO because as they felt that the player base had no self control, and that no matter what, someone will always try to do everything and yes burn them self out. As time went on restrictions were relaxed and you got more dailies. Now you have unlimited amount and free to pick and choose how many you want to do at any time. yet you still get a group of people who have no self control and complain the loudest.

So why do dailies? Gear! You need 90 Charms and 1000vp to continue to progress your character while doing the minimal required
    Thats 13 dailies per day over a week to get 90 charms. at 13 dailies thats 455 VP. If you do the daily heroic (90vp) every day thats 630Vp
    So now by doing 13 dailies per day with one heroic thrown in. thats 90 Charms and 1085vp (capped off at 1000) and thats before you have even got into LFR

As for rep? well you only need to reach revered to buy ALL the gear with VP. If you are smart and only do the minimal above you would have reached revered with at least every faction that sells you gear for VP and probably well on your way to exhaled for quite a few factions.

If players can not use some self control then they reap what they sow.
    Last edited by pyrostorm9001; 2012-11-14 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    No, they can also raid, or run heroics, or level professions, or PvP.

Oh, you've done all those things? The only thing left is dailies, and you hate dailies?

What are you even asking for?
    - Raiding is done by a very small percentage of the population, so let's throw that one out.
    - Heroics are a good option, but they will get you to 463 ilvl maximum, once you've gotten a drop for every single gear slot.
    - Professions will give you an enchant of some sort that doesn't count towards ilvl. Some professions give you a trinket, so that's one gear slot worth of progression that you can get via professions.
    - PvP gives you PvP upgrades. It's a separate minigame that is ideally supposed to have no bearing on PvE progression, much like pet battles. I realize that, unfortunately, this is not the case. Blizzard knows this aspect of the game doesn't appeal to many players, so let's ignore it too.

Everything else is random luck. Do I get a lucky Sha of Anger drop? Do I get something from MSV LFR? These are the only avenues for getting to the 470 mark required for HoF and beyond. If I log in and want to do something that isn't RNG-based to progress my character, it's going to be dailies.

What I am asking for is to make heroic dungeons an alternative to doing dailies. That would at least please the portion of the population who enjoy doing dungeons, and does not take anything away from those who like doing daily quests.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    I would like to see what content is denied from you by not having charms.
    What content was denied to people by not having head or shoulder enchants? And yet this was explicitly given by Blizzard as a reason to abolish daily quest rep grinds. Does this make any sense?