Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Interesting thread. I always max my honor with nothing to spend it on, so I never really saw it as "not rewarding" - more like "give me more stuff to buy."

I believe 5.1 is an attempt to do so, right? Where weapon's iLevel can be upgraded with hp. I can't wait for that, as I'd love to not hit my hp caps and then wonder if I should stop playing or switch toons (which I generally do, then I max out my alt and I'm like... what's next? a 3rd alt?)

I don't do end game PvE, I don't rep grind, I barely craft... (because gold does only gems and chants for me, not much else of value)... so I tend to see a lot of PvP stuff in a silo. And I've never felt like honor points were hard to amass... I can gear up with a full set of hp easily with a lax pace in a week... that's not too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    it has low rewards because they wanted people to move to BG's when they came out rather than taking over zones for massive fights like use to happen before the BG's.
    Exactly.
    There was a time when honor point/reward exist but there was no BG.
    The result was catastrophic.
    Everyone used join a 40 man raid group and swipe across the map killing anything they come across.
    That was not fun at all.
    Most people just want to do some quest, gather some mat. Due to this everyone can only AFK in the city, and no one want to go out unless you are in a 40 man raid group.
    This is the reason Blizzard intently make BG better at gaining rewards.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2012-11-14 at 10:10 PM.

It's pretty simple, if world PvP was even close to BGs for honor gain, players on PvE realms would be pretty screwed, and Blizzard wants to keep them as similar as possible. If world PvP can't be more rewarding, then it has to be so unrewarding that it discourages roaming gank squads camping daily areas. Unfortunately even the low low rate of 10 honor per kill doesn't stop them on some servers, but that's what happens when you have flying mounts for long enough and people start figuring out how to grief on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    World pvp is by far the most entertaining form of pvp and should be rewarded with more

Deleted
    Brackrock Mountain world PvP was very rewarding back in the Classic. You could stop people from progressing :P But world PvP is what you make of it. Last night I saw a Horde tag rare I was 'camping'. I let him dps the rare down to 10% or so, killed him and stole the kill. Didn't get the vanity item I wanted, but neither did he.

World PvP is it's own reward.

Back in Classic I'd spend hours upon hours just sitting on the zeppelins chasing lowbies off of them to their death and then killing their mains when they came back for revenge, or sitting in Blackrock Mountain killing entire groups with one clueless rogue stacking Reckoning on me. What did I get out of it? Entertainment, increased ten-fold by the amount of forum posts or tells from people I'd ganked. It was impossible to get farther than rank 8 doing this, but I didn't care. I had a Zin'Rokh and there were Horde that needed slaying.

Currently you get 10 honor (9.9 to be exact) per kill on a player, and it doesn't diminish like it did in Classic, where you could only get 4 kills on a single player before they would become worth 0 honor to you. I don't care much for world pvp rewards, but I'd definitely like more world pvp options. While having many dailies to do definitely creates a target-rich environment when there are many people constantly trying to finish off their dailies, there are still flying mounts that neuter world pvp, and the zones are very spread apart. Tol Barad Peninsula and Molten Front were outstanding zones for someone looking for some world pvp, and I hope they bring flying mounts to the ground in the next set of dailies coming out in 5.1, or bring Tol Barad back into the fold and make it desirable to return there where you can't fly away from a fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in Vanilla, where world PvP were at it's peak, I believe it was for no reward in any shape or form, people do it simply because it was fun. Raiding and such, if you take loots away, only the people that are doing it for the content itself would be doing it, but then they are also the ones that is doing the content for fun (not me, I do it for the purples).

Something like world PvP are only for those who finds it fun and no rewards are needed. If reward is more important there are always BGs, RBGs and arena.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Back in Vanilla, where world PvP were at it's peak, I believe it was for no reward in any shape or form, people do it simply because it was fun. Raiding and such, if you take loots away, only the people that are doing it for the content itself would be doing it, but then they are also the ones that is doing the content for fun (not me, I do it for the purples).

Something like world PvP are only for those who finds it fun and no rewards are needed. If reward is more important there are always BGs, RBGs and arena.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.