Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Not knowing is never a excuse to do things thats not allowed.
    "But officer i dident know it was against any law to shoot people, i promise!!!"

    You should have read the rules before you posted, simple.
    So you think it is normal for me to get banned from the WoW forums straight away by linking 2 arena teams?
    And you sir are making the best statements. shooting people vs posting arena team names....

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    To bad they think about this. IMO you do something wrong and you know it so you will pay the price.
    The thing is, most of the people who get named and shamed there haven't done anything wrong and shouldn't pay any price. That's the reason for the rule.

  3. #23
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    31,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    So you think it is normal for me to get banned from the WoW forums straight away by linking 2 arena teams?
    And you sir are making the best statements. shooting people vs posting arena team names....
    Yes. You should get in trouble. Like others have said...ignorance of the rules is no excuse.

  4. #24
    Scarab Lord Anjerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The apotheosis of all Deserts
    Posts
    4,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    If you got proof that I cheat yes then its fine. Like I have proofen that these guys are MMR abusers.



    I did something wrong without knowing it wasnt allowed. The other people abused a bug which everyone knows isnt allowed.
    You don't see something wrong with essentially hazing players based on your own views and opinions on an internationally viewed forum?

    Let's use the recent controversy over Kevin Clash (Elmo) as an example - if you dont know - a young man recently accused Mister Clash of having sex with him when he was a child (16). This resulted in Clash being asked to step out of Sesame Street until the matter was resolved and he was put on disciplinary leave. Several hours after the statement was made, the person that said Mister Clash commited the crime said he made it up and that they were both consenting adults. Kevin Clash is now free to go about his business.

    Do you think that his life will be ANYTHING comparable to what it was before, now that he has the shadow of being a "Child Molester" on his shoulders? Do you think that the character he created over twenty years ago will ever be seen the same by parents?


    So, assuming your not a fool, I believe you see what is the issue with throwing names around with accusations that would be better presented to proper authorities rather than attempting to "shame" them on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    You don't see something wrong with essentially hazing players based on your own views and opinions on an internationally viewed forum?

    Let's use the recent controversy over Kevin Clash (Elmo) as an example - if you dont know - a young man recently accused Mister Clash of having sex with him when he was a child (16). This resulted in Clash being asked to step out of Sesame Street until the matter was resolved and he was put on disciplinary leave. Several hours after the statement was made, the person that said Mister Clash commited the crime said he made it up and that they were both consenting adults. Kevin Clash is now free to go about his business.

    Do you think that his life will be ANYTHING comparable to what it was before, now that he has the shadow of being a "Child Molester" on his shoulders? Do you think that the character he created over twenty years ago will ever be seen the same by parents?


    So, assuming your not a fool, I believe you see what is the issue with throwing names around with accusations that would be better presented to proper authorities rather than attempting to "shame" them on the forums.
    Then I ask you why didnt the other person who also named and shamed get banned?
    Clearly they dont follow there rules strictly and therefor it still boggles my mind that my first time I break a rule (first time banned) that it is straight 3d.

    And second I have given proof of there bug abuse. This wasnt a mere accusation like you described in your story. I came with facts that proofs it. which i find completly different.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    So you think it is normal for me to get banned from the WoW forums straight away by linking 2 arena teams?
    And you sir are making the best statements. shooting people vs posting arena team names....
    Yes as it is clearly against the rules - what part dont you understand?

    And im not comparing shooting people with naming people - im makeing a point that you cant excuse breaking rules with saying "i dident know it was wrong".
    Was that really so hard to understand?

  7. #27
    OP I know it's frustrating and I totally understand why you did what you did. However, too many times the people who get shamed are actually innocent and the evidence that is used against them isn't as solid as the shamer thinks it is. You wouldn't want innocent people to be banned from the game would you? In the future submit the evidence to Blizzard and let them sort it. You can make posts about it in the forums just don't name the people.

  8. #28
    You should actually be happy!
    Someone broke the rules and punished swiftly, just like you want it. You are just upset becuse it was you

  9. #29
    Herald of the Titans Hanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida!
    Posts
    2,961
    I did something wrong without knowing it wasnt allowed. The other people abused a bug which everyone knows isnt allowed.
    That just as good as someone pleading "I got banned for botting, I didn't know it was wrong!". The ToU is there, you know that wall of text you glance at long enough to click "I agree" so you can start posting or whatever? Ignorance isn't bliss, I'm afraid.

  10. #30
    Herald of the Titans Kuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City of Judgement
    Posts
    2,833
    I don't get the naming and shaming policy. If someone breaks the rules, they should be accountable for it. Shaming by other players should do the trick and then they may not break the rules again because of it.

    My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!


  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    So you think it is normal for me to get banned from the WoW forums straight away by linking 2 arena teams?
    And you sir are making the best statements. shooting people vs posting arena team names....
    considering people have been perma-banned for less, yeah

    i linked a video to rednecks shooting a tv in a thread about stupid people and got a permanent ban

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 09:47 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I don't get the naming and shaming policy. If someone breaks the rules, they should be accountable for it. Shaming by other players should do the trick and then they may not break the rules again because of it.
    so what stops me from naming and shaming you for something you didn't do? nothing, you don't need proof

  12. #32
    Moderator Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Naming and Shaming should be rewarded !!!!
    Its like you would call cops that guy next door is a drug dealer. And cops throw you in jail because you told on him.
    WTF is wrong with blizzard....
    Wrong analogy. If you called the cops on the drug dealer next door, that is equivalent to reporting a player via a ticket to Blizzard, which is what you should be doing. Naming and shaming would be to go to the county newspaper and announce in an advert that your neighbor is a drug dealer.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  13. #33
    you should also get banned again for not reading the TOS of Blizz Fourms,

    p.s

    stop telling tales
    Our Deepest Fear Is That We Our Powerful Beyond Messure,

    Pac, E, B.I.G, The 3 Men That When I Go To Heaven I Want To See,

  14. #34
    You only get to bend/break the rules when you are a blue poster.
    Also seen some MVPs get away with it usually editing later

  15. #35
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,142
    Gets mad at people for breaking the rules.

    Breaks the rules.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Naming and Shaming should be rewarded !!!!
    Its like you would call cops that guy next door is a drug dealer. And cops throw you in jail because you told on him.
    WTF is wrong with blizzard....
    *looks up lordzed's IP, reports him to FBI for possession of child porn*

    *pats self on back for his good deed*

  17. #37
    Reminds me of things I was taught as a child:

    - "In the eyes of the law, ignorance is not an excuse."
    - (Not knowing the law, is not an excuse for not obeying it, otherwise you would put your fingers in your ears and refuse to hear of any laws.)

    - "Just because others are breaking the rules, doesn't mean that it is okay for you to break the rules."
    - (Nobody cares who broke the law first, if you get caught.)


    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    *looks up lordzed's IP, reports him to FBI for possession of child porn*

    *pats self on back for his good deed*
    OMG, why are people like lordzed allowed on these forums, there could be children around. Ban him immediately!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

  18. #38
    I just got perma banned too for stating the truth about CRZ lol oh well. Maybe if enough people complain they'll take care of the problem

  19. #39
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,334
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Naming and Shaming should be rewarded !!!!
    Its like you would call cops that guy next door is a drug dealer. And cops throw you in jail because you told on him.
    WTF is wrong with blizzard....
    No you aren't using the inside of your head.

    REPORTING people to Blizzard is like calling the police.

    Naming and shaming is standing in the middle of the town and yelling to everyone.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    considering people have been perma-banned for less, yeah

    i linked a video to rednecks shooting a tv in a thread about stupid people and got a permanent ban

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 09:47 AM ----------




    so what stops me from naming and shaming you for something you didn't do? nothing, you don't need proof
    Who's going to believe you without proof?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •