The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Getting Inscription on several characters

I currently have Inscription on 1 character, which makes me alot of gold by selling cards. I have 2 other chars where I could level Inscription on those as well, but is it worth it? Or will there soon come something along that'll make the Darkmoon cards dump in prices?

DMC prices have already dropped. trinkets are going for 20k and in 1-2 months they'll go for less than 10k

if that's fine with you, then level away. with multiple scribes you can make decks faster, and you can always sell the shoulder enchants, but it won't be profitable to do it without doing your own herbing very soon

You may have missed the crazy good part of darkmoon card selling. Prices will only go down from here, as the rich have already got their trinkets and better gear is released from HoF/Terrace/future raid tiers.

It may still be pretty good for a while though, so unless you have another profession you could use (alchemy is a good one to stack, for example) then you may as well level inscription on more characters.

On that note, I'm pretty sure only Alchemy and Inscription can be stacked on extra characters for greater benefit. Oh, Enchanting can get you more sha crystals, but those will plummet in price when the inevitable 5 man dungeon that drops epics is released. Alchemy and Inscription are the only ones that make sense to stack.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have Inscription, Enchanting and Alchemy maxed. Plus Herbalism and Mining, I would therefor drop Mining for something else since it dosent make a whole lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    I have Inscription, Enchanting and Alchemy maxed. Plus Herbalism and Mining, I would therefor drop Mining for something else since it dosent make a whole lot of sense.
    Hm, if those are all the profs you have then it may be better to get some of the other profs maxed first before worrying about doubling up. Like Jewelcrafting: always a good one to have maxed out.

That said, if you don't want to bother with that, then yeah dropping mining makes sense out of the choices you have.

IMO if you drop mining out of those grab another alch. It's never a bad thing to double up on. Transmuting daily in cataclysm made me gold every day even up to the day before MoP release and I can see it staying as such for MoP. Like, it takes 120 ghost iron ore to make living steel, I make almost 1k or more a day buying ore, smelting, transmuting the bars to trillium, making living steel, and having a friend make them belt buckles. 6 stacks of ore costs like 150g on my server, and the belt buckle goes for 650g. A nice profit x3 alchs + transmutes.

And as others have stated, DMC decks and cards will remain profitable (again still made money in cata with it until mid/end DS) but the extremely high values time of it has probably already passed

And as someone said, consider JC.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why JC? I mean, I've never seen it as a good money maker. But then again, I've never had it either :>

Living Steel goes for around 450g on my server.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 03:30 PM ----------

Oh btw. How do you sell your DMC? Do you wait for the Faire, turn them into Decks/trinkets and then sell them? Or do you sell the cards themself?

Why JC? I mean, I've never seen it as a good money maker. But then again, I've never had it either :>

Living Steel goes for around 450g on my server.
    In Cata I made a few million gold with 1 JCer. I have one on each faction now and make 5-10k a day between the 2; and that's just randomly doing JCing while trying to level some of these alts.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    In Cata I made a few million gold with 1 JCer. I have one on each faction now and make 5-10k a day between the 2; and that's just randomly doing JCing while trying to level some of these alts.
    Okay, and thats just random gems you're making?

Okay, and thats just random gems you're making?
    JC makes money in a variety of ways. The gems you make does add up. But its about metas, rings, and enchanting mats right now. M

DMC I've just been selling cards to people attempting to make decks. I got to it a little late and only made about 6 cards before the last faire but it netted me a good 10-12k in profit I believe.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

While it is true that you will be getting into the DMC market very, very late. The fact is that Inscription is one of the best (maybe alchemy as well) profession for an alt that you just -have-. You log on once a day and make your scroll and can decide what to do with them later. For a one button push a day you can still make some serious gold, not to mention the BoA staff. Alchemy is almost the same with transmutes. You basically get gold a day just for logging on and can choose when you want to convert it from scrolls to gold.

The cards went from 10k for an individual card(first Faire) to 10k for a full deck(second Faire) on my server. Wouldn't be worth getting more Scribes for me, but if Cards are still worth something on your server, it might be worth it.
    The prices are just gonna drop even more, though, and then Inscription will only have shoulder enchants going for it(glyphs really don't sell for much on my server)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    the first month was the best time to have multiple scribes but if you are farming your own herbs it can still be profitable. I have every profession 2 engineers gnomish and goblin, 2 alchemists a transmute master and elixer master, and 3 scribes and my scribes have made me rich i gotta say

Deleted
    Depends, but I think you missed the boat. There were people ready from day one and producing a deck a day.
    As O keep saying it all depends on your server. Supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Depends, but I think you missed the boat. There were people ready from day one and producing a deck a day.
    As O keep saying it all depends on your server. Supply and demand.
    pretty much this, at this point its probably not worth it to have several scribes seeing as how most people have a DMF Trinket or will only be buying them for their alts. I believe this will be the last fair that it will be profitable and barely at that seeing as how it costs roughly 8ishk to make a deck after buying the herbs and ill be asking anywhere from 15-20k per trinket prolly accepting 12k offers. So it wont be super profitable to make decks but still a better way of making money than selling the shoulder enchants.

Deleted
    Getting multiple scribes now isn't that worth while. But what it is worth while for, is the start of the next expansion. Many scribes then = many monies!

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Getting multiple scribes now isn't that worth while. But what it is worth while for, is the start of the next expansion. Many scribes then = many monies!
    ^ This. For my characters that are double gatherers right now I'm planning to switch them to inscrip just for this. I believe this is the one profession that they CAN'T screw over on money making for this reason. Just get 3-4 inscribers going, 3-4 cards a day, and you'll be rolling in money in no time.