Deleted

Radeon HD5450. Low Fps.

Bought this card as a replacement for my gts250 that basically went bang.
    From what i was told it would have no problems running on my 1920x1080 resolution monitor, on ultra.

However, i'm struggling to break 15fps in any sort of combat on lowest with all settings.
    Disabled all addons as well.

Computer specs:

Core i5 processor @ 3.2GHz
    4gig RAM
    Windows 7 64 bit.
    Card is as titled, HD5450.

DxDiag is reporting no problem, all drivers are latest.

http://pastebin.com/7NnWueqr Shows the DxDiag report.

Any suggestions?

Just to add, the Clock settings, memory and GPU, both arrived at their lowest settings, however i'm worried about overclocking them as it's already running at around 60DegC on full load.
    Last edited by mmoc71776687c4; 2012-11-14 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Bought this card as a replacement for my gts250 that basically went bang.
    From what i was told it would have no problems running on my 1920x1080 resolution monitor, on ultra.
    Someone lied. This is not a GPU for playing games.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-11-14 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    I shall go punch a dickhead in Walmart. Brb.

I got the 5700 and works fine. Only on last phase of Elegon I lag like shit with ultra settings but who doesn't?

I guess you have to return it and get a better one.

If he/she said you could run it without problems he/she was actually right. Since you are able to run it on ultra settings. With low FPS but that's not a 'real' problem. He/she could have said that it's not ideal. I also doubt employees at Walmart have enough knowledge about this but I have never been in a Walmart since I live in Europe.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2012-11-14 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    Just clocked it up to 700 Mhz on both memory and gpu and it hasn't increased the temperature, and i'm up to 60fps on medium, so maybe that's the answer. Was hoping to save money with a relatively cheap card but i'll just go spend $300 on one that can handle everything i guess.

If you want to run it at max res/settings and be set for a year or two, should grab something around $200. A 7850/7870/GTX 660.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    If you want to run it at max res/settings and be set for a year or two, should grab something around $200. A 7850/7870/GTX 660.
    Cheers for the advice, i'll take a look at those <3

Make sure you have the power supply to handle those cards.

And the plugs -__- had my 660ti sit around for a week before I could get the extra pin connector I needed

Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    And the plugs -__- had my 660ti sit around for a week before I could get the extra pin connector I needed
    arent those available pretty much everywhere?
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    How can you take a week to get a extra pin connector?

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    arent those available pretty much everywhere?
    Not in my area no.