Thread: P3 Elegon Adds

P3 Elegon Adds

Hello,
    My guild is still working on normal mode of 10 man Elegon (yes yes behind the curve), and while its been our healers that have been struggling the most I would like some advice for tanking the adds in phase 3. I haven't been able to figure out if I'm supposed to stand and tank them (they hit like trucks) or if I'm supposed to kite them. Sometimes due to RNG my side seems overflowed with adds, and once the adds start counting around 7-8 everything seems to go to hell. If I'm trying to kite them I run out of ways to grab aggro from a distance and have to run through adds to get the others which causes me to take a lot of hits, but if I stand and tank them all it seems like a lot of unnecessary damage and our healers are already struggling mana wise. Also I've been the tank trying to get back to Elegon when phase 1 repeats to avoid a death grip wipe, and there tends to be a few adds left over that follow me in and between them and breath I get the crap kicked out of me.

My question is how are other protection warrior tanks handling the adds in phase 3? Do you tank them with a CD? Do dps focus fire them down as they spawn? If you kite what are your strategies for snagging them as they come in so staggered (at an increasing rate)?

Thanks for any advice.

Deleted
    I'm taknking them, always. First time we gather them all near the computer thingy, that starts the Elegon fight. There, I use my taunting banner, and take them off as many people as I can, then i go near the platform, but I do not get into the platform with Elegon, because if the adds are there, they will deal extra damage. After that, the dps kills them off right before I need to change with the other tank.

When they appear for the second time, we gather near the computer thingy again, the other tank goes for the boss, I take as many adds I can, and when we enter the platform, I go under the boss. DPS uses everything to slow down the adds, because since they're on the platform, they deal extra damage, so they slow them down and kill them off before they reach me. After that, just zerg the boss.
    Last edited by mmoc7570420288; 2012-11-14 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    I'm taknking them, always. First time we gather them all near the computer thingy, that starts the Elegon fight. There, I use my taunting banner, and take them off as many people as I can, then i go near the platform, but I do not get into the platform with Elegon, because if the adds are there, they will deal extra damage. After that, the dps kills them off right before I need to change with the other tank.

When they appear for the second time, we gather near the computer thingy again, the other tank goes for the boss, I take as many adds I can, and when we enter the platform, I go under the boss. DPS uses everything to slow down the adds, because since they're on the platform, they deal extra damage, so they slow them down and kill them off before they reach me. After that, just zerg the boss.
    Thank you much for your reply. Do you tend to use a CD when you group the adds up?

Deleted
    I find warrior tanks to be the best tanks to tank these adds, it's very very easy. Just put down Mocking Banner (you will have it every add phase) at the spot where your group i supposed to gather and aoe them, when every one is there, you carefully spam TC and kite with Piercing Howl. When you line them up you simply Shockwave. Another thing you can do if you got problems is to spec into Vigilance and put it on a random target, because it removes the cd from Taunt.

Deleted
    Make sure the pillars go down at the same time, it'll reduce the number of adds that spawn. I'll pick them up if needs be, we group at the console, I'll throw down the taunt banner to grab them off the other tank, then once the floor is up and people are in position I'll pop a CD macro (reck/skullbanner etc. etc.) Shockwave and cleave the rest down.

Here's the a recording at the time the adds starts spawning form my POV, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...NILDe3w#t=423s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fej View Post
    Thank you much for your reply. Do you tend to use a CD when you group the adds up?
    Just shield barrier is enough for me, but if things get worse, I use demoralizing shout and the engineering belt enhancement that absorbs damage. I do not use heavy CDs like The Last Stand and Shield Wall.
    Btw, if you stand outside the Elegon platform, but very-very close to it, the dps melee will benefit from the platform buff and destroy adds a lot quicker.

Thank you all for your advice. Our group was doing what seems like a rather dumb method after hearing your advice. We were killing two pillars across from each other then moving counter-clockwise to kill the others. Killing them all at the same time makes more sense considering the buff that Elegon gets to increase the speed of summoning adds. Our tanks (myself and a brewmaster) were tanking the adds on opposite sides of the room instead of grouping them up. I'll pass all this information along and see how it all goes this week.