Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muraza View Post
    So you pick the oldest wow screenshots you can find to use against the game?
    Yeah I gotta say that's pretty low, Jaylock.

Mist's graphics are actually..REALLY good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    You won't fool me this time with new avatar. Obvious troll is obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another day, another pointless topic. *yawns*

You posted screenshots from 2005, the graphics are better now...

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    I can't get into GW2's visuals, sadly. I love the artistic style of the interface, menus, maps, etc..., but the in-game graphics don't seem quite as stylish as some of the regions in GW1 did.
    gw2 is head and shoulders above the other MMOs in graphics right now. the style, the feeling of being part of a BIG world, the artistic style can be liked/disliked but the actual graphics are amazing

only thing i've seen on that level is TESO, which damn near looks like skyrim

Some other games still played to this day are way, way worse. Argument not really valid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I'm not even fond of the newer MMOs graphical style, so I disagree. I think the WoW engine portrays models and effects just fine despite it's relatively low "quality" compared to new MMOs that try to use graphics as a sales argument.

Often, character models of these newer games need to be toned down, not in terms of texture and poly count, but in animation in order to keep the fluid feel that WoW undoubtedly has. It causes them to feel stale despite being so.. smooth.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Man, remember when thousand needles wasn't underwater?

Or scarlet monastery graveyard?

You not only picked old screenshots, you picked old screenshots in places that either no longer exist or have changed dramatically.

I don't want their art style or graphics to change. Ever. Now model updates, sure, but Warcraft has always had blocky cartoony graphics. That's what gives it its charm. You take that away and it becomes... well, generic.

WoW Graphics might not be that snazzy, but you know what? Animations in every other MMO I've ever played have been fucking terrible. You get a little distance away from the animate object, and it's animating at like, 5 frames a second. Hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Some other games still played to this day are way, way worse. Argument not really valid.

dat bulge on his pelvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    I don't want their art style or graphics to change. Ever. Now model updates, sure, but Warcraft has always had blocky cartoony graphics. That's what gives it its charm. You take that away and it becomes... well, generic.
    The human walk. Make it go away, and ill rip heads off!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    You just realized that WoW graphics are old? And that the engine for the game is old?
    Character models compared to other games could use a brushup yes, but as far as environment goes it's pretty much the same.., that being said, wtf is up with all the I want wow to be the exact same as this mmo threads.., go play them OP if your graphics are your main concern!

10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst I agree graphics are a huge deal in making or breaking a game, it's not everything. Warcraft's graphics engine is outdated, but that's not the only issue - Warcraft's STYLE is CARTOONY. It's the norm of the game with it's races and what not and comparing it to fresh games that came out this year is.. unfair, to be honest.

Games like Guild Wars/Guild Wars 2, SW:ToR, RIFT, TERA etc. has used a more realistic approach in characters and world design, whilst WoW has stayed on it's cartoony style, which is rather appealing imho, considering most MMO's either use very anime approach or realistic.

I haven't came across a MMO that carries WoW's unique, cartoon-y look. <:

On a side note, is using screenies from Vanilla WoW to compare GW2 really fair? One ponders. That's my two cents for the day. :3

Deleted
    How come Jaylock never gets a warning for threads like this? I mean i cant point finger and say troll cause that will cost me a infraction but im just saying who compares 2005 to nowadays graphic?

And u think the most of computers will be able to run a high tech graph wow in a raid of 25 man with all the abilities and shit that the game has now?. cause last time i checked no other mmo has not even remotely the No of abilities wow classes have. not to mention the size of raids and the complexity of bosses abilities

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Also, let's use something a bit less 2006, yes?

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...pvpwarrior.jpg
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Why hasn't the OP been permbanned yet? He's been "trolling" since 2009, and it has already been pointed out that the pictures are from around the release of the game, and aren't really close to the current version.

That being said, Wow's graphics aren't great, but people don't play for that.

I like WoW's graphics, easy on the eye and getting better with time, the cartoonish style is what attracts me to WoW. I also notice you chose pictures of the oldest zones in gloomier areas. Anyone can take a bad screenie in a dark area that doesn't have much detail and claim *oh it looks bad* But try remembering all the zones and areas that have stunning graphics and detail and colour and lighting.

Here's some more screenies, of WoW...taken by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    gw2 is head and shoulders above the other MMOs in graphics right now. the style, the feeling of being part of a BIG world, the artistic style can be liked/disliked but the actual graphics are amazing
    Oh the graphics are definitely nice. Though the character models and animations are fairly disappointing compared to the environments.

only thing i've seen on that level is TESO, which damn near looks like skyrim
    Bit of an exaggeration, unless you play with low settings or if the console versions have much lower resolution graphics. Comparing a good Skyrim screenshot to a TES:O screenshot from the region of Skyrim show's obvious style similarities, but it's pretty clear that Skyrims' graphics are considerably better.

Also worth noting is that RIFT and TERA (hell, even Aion) can be absolutely gorgeous games if you can play with your settings maxed. I kinda wish TERA turned out more interesting, because I loved the environments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.