Thread: LFR loot idea

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    Oh my god. People who defend Blizz's decisions no matter how stupid they are will never cease to amaze me.
    Poster above me (Aurora) - no, back with roll option there was MUCH higher chance.
    And you know this because? I do love how people crawl out of the woodwork with nothing but 'I think' and believe that works. It's not people defending blizzard it's people who understand 'random' and 'math' of which I'm guessing your not one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    People would trade around gear and even if I was unlucky I could invest gold into an offer if the player was on my realm.
    Are you high? Are you trying to say that letting people take gear for friends or selling to you is in some way better than RNG gear for your class? Or the even worse watching them DE and item you'd like.....I'm not sure what Utopian sever live on, but most people don't have this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    On new characters I would end up with 3-4 gear pieces PER WEEK PER CHARACTER. Now go repeat that in the new loot mode, I dare you. LOL.
    What's LOL is that you think you're experience of good luck is in some way representative?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    Hating RNG instead of fellow LFR players isn't the real reason they made this. Low drop percentage (even with coins used) makes you play more to get the same gear = longer subscription eventually. Wake up people.
    I think you should go back to sleep, you know the easy way to see what's dropped is to ask right? and when a good chunk of people list gear you know you're just unlucky, it's really that simple.

    The fact that you jump to some tin foil hat conspiracy theory tell's me pretty much all I need to know about what and how you think.
    Last edited by Mooboy; 2012-11-14 at 07:25 PM.
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.

  2. #22
    Brewmaster dryankem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by kindomroll View Post
    Well what do you expect, from the DS loot system people kept moaning and crying about their shit getting ninja'd, this is what we have resulted to.
    Its a stupid loot system, why couldn't they keep it as it was for DS, week after week im there getting a stupid bag with 28g, the boss fights are dull and 28g is not even rewarding!
    But in DS you wouldn't win the loot and would get nothing. In DS you had to hope the boss dropped something that you could even roll on, then you had to compete with 6-10 players for the loot, some of whom wouldn't actually need it but would roll need anyways. Do wish the bags would have the chance at a potion or something other than gold, maybe some food or crafting mats for your professions.

    In MOP you don't see the roll but it's there (plus an additional roll if you use a coin) and you always have a chance at winning loot, not just if the boss happened to drop something you could use. The perception is worse though.

    So far in LFR, I've only done MV but my first 2 runs I received a pair of boots and then last night I won 5 things off of 6 bosses (minus a couple coins).

  3. #23
    Like all RNG you are never guaranteed anything. We've been running BWL every week since MoP release trying to get my buddies Bloodfang chest. Still haven't seen it drop. Almost gotten two full sets of Dragonstalker though. Been running Jade Temple nearly everyday and have only ever seen the AGI trinket drop once, lost it to an undergeared Druid. So I really don't see how this is any different than how it's always been. Plus in the 10 weeks you would go to get your buff up to 10% you could easily get two reps up to Revered and buy two to three pieces of VP gear. Not only that, you're learning the fights and getting to see content(which I believe is the actual point of LFR).
    "We speak the dragons' language of flame and rage. They speak our language of fury and honor. Together we shall weave a tale of destruction without equal."

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Hang on! This works!?
    Yes... I did it just a bit ago... 2 bosses in 1 spec, 1 boss in another, today got spec-respective drops thanks to RNG. But I must tell you - it's quite a cheating, and it is such a misery, especially if someone will notice and start crying out loud about it.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by kindomroll View Post
    Well what do you expect, from the DS loot system people kept moaning and crying about their shit getting ninja'd, this is what we have resulted to.
    Its a stupid loot system, why couldn't they keep it as it was for DS, week after week im there getting a stupid bag with 28g, the boss fights are dull and 28g is not even rewarding!
    Just because you're having bad luck with drops doesn't mean it's a stupid system. With the old system, something would drop and a million people would roll, even if they already had it so they could trade with others. It was a terrible loot system and you haven't given any valid points as to why YOU think it's stupid. Having bad luck with the current one is not a valid reason. RNG is RNG and we all know that. There's no drama, you compete against yourself. The only thing I would change with the new system is the gold. Give up a satchel so we get other goodies with that gold if we get no gear.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    But in DS you wouldn't win the loot and would get nothing.
    Not true. You'd get valor iirc per boss actually but in even if it was only at the end you'd have valor which you spend easily and accessible and get gear without dailies and at a good pace. That's the hole in the system really. RNG is bad but when you couple bad RNG with real lack of easily accessible alternatives then it just makes it feels worse.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    Queue times will vary depending on when and where you are when you queue. I queue as a tank and avg queue time so far has been 57 minutes...which is nice because I can queue when I log on, do dailies and then afk for 20 minutes until I get in. I'm not sure what queue times are like for healers or dps in my realm, but for tanks it is nearly an hour per queue.
    My tank queue is about 25 mintues, but it becomes a problem when you're constantly presented with last boss only options.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    My tank queue is about 25 mintues, but it becomes a problem when you're constantly presented with last boss only options.
    Queue as dps as most people do, and stay in tank spec. It's awful, but it's only way to show developers that current system is greatly flawed.

  9. #29
    Brewmaster dryankem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Not true. You'd get valor iirc per boss actually but in even if it was only at the end you'd have valor which you spend easily and accessible and get gear without dailies and at a good pace. That's the hole in the system really. RNG is bad but when you couple bad RNG with real lack of easily accessible alternatives then it just makes it feels worse.
    If I'm not mistaken you only got your VP at the end of the run, which is still the same. I used to queue up with my healer and only jump in on the final fight to get my easy points. There still is valour gear but is gated behind dailies but a few here and there will be enough to spend your VP on and if you hate dailies that much just wait for 5.1 and use your VP on gear upgrades.

  10. #30
    What they should do is when you kill a boss a list of its loot table comes up and you can just tick a check box next to the items you want and it just gives them to you. That way you don't have to worry about getting the same item you already have or getting nothing. I mean come on its so obvious blizzard doesn't care about its customers. I pay my $15 a month so I should be getting the loot I want. No wonder they are always losing subs. Ghostcrawler should be fired. Pandas. Pokemon.

    Did I miss anything?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    If I'm not mistaken you only got your VP at the end of the run, which is still the same. I used to queue up with my healer and only jump in on the final fight to get my easy points. There still is valour gear but is gated behind dailies but a few here and there will be enough to spend your VP on and if you hate dailies that much just wait for 5.1 and use your VP on gear upgrades.
    That's precisely the problem. It's gated behind dailies and the cap itself is also really small and the vp gains are also really small. So what ends up happening is that the rng situation becomes exacerbated even further because your not getting rewards out of it. Anyone who thinks this upgrade system will solve that is fooling themselves. The upgrade system isn't meant to fufil that purpose, it isn't designed for it.

  12. #32
    Brewmaster dryankem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    That's precisely the problem. It's gated behind dailies and the cap itself is also really small and the vp gains are also really small. So what ends up happening is that the rng situation becomes exacerbated even further because your not getting rewards out of it. Anyone who thinks this upgrade system will solve that is fooling themselves. The upgrade system isn't meant to fufil that purpose, it isn't designed for it.
    No it's designed to waste your points. Gear is suppose to come from bosses now. The game has changed, VP isn't as important as it use to be.

    RNG sucks but there are options, but if you just don't want to do dailies your other option is hit LFR or regular raiding till you get the drop. Which is your choice (hence optional).

    Not saying that this system is perfect either but its not as bad as people claim. Try going back to dead wastes now that you have good gear. You can finish questing through that in a couple of hours.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    no, back with roll option there was MUCH higher chance. People would trade around gear and even if I was unlucky I could invest gold into an offer if the player was on my realm.
    That is not a "chance". That is not random. That is buying and selling your way to raid finder drops (which is lollerific in itself).

    On new characters I would end up with 3-4 gear pieces PER WEEK PER CHARACTER.
    I agree, it is fun to lie on the internet.

    Under old system you had 32 drops for a full clear, so each player could statistically expect to get 1.28 drops per week or 5 every 4 weeks. So even if someone is pathetic enough to trade and buy loot from other players, obviously this doesn't work for everyone.

    Hating RNG instead of fellow LFR players isn't the real reason they made this. Low drop percentage (even with coins used) makes you play more to get the same gear = longer subscription eventually. Wake up people.
    This just stems from a misunderstanding of probability. Even if your anecdotes about getting - by whatever means - 3 to 4 pieces of gear per week per character are true, it would have been impossible for all 25 players to experience these results. Considering that you don't understand how these results are atypical by mathematical definition, you have no credibility on commenting on the chances of getting gear now compared to then.

    "The chances were better because you could buy and sell and trade gear" not only shows how poorly you understand the math behind either LFR gear system, it also shows you're completely missing the point that most people did NOT like that you could roll for gear and use it in this way.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 08:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Queue as dps as most people do, and stay in tank spec. It's awful, but it's only way to show developers that current system is greatly flawed.
    What flaw are you talking about and what solution do you propose? Do you realize queue times are determined by the people in line and by the number of required tanks healers and dps to fill a group? It's not like Blizzard just says "DPS queue times will be X, healers Y, and tanks Z."
    Last edited by Magpai; 2012-11-14 at 08:20 PM.

  14. #34
    If I speak my mind about the -brainless- people who made comments on my post I'll get forum ban.

    So, enjoy your stupidity and -please- let the rest of us play a decent game instead of ruining it for us with your fanboism.

    Good night.
    Intel I5-4440 (3.3GHz Boost) | ASROCK B85 Pro4 | 8GB GeIL 1600 MHz DDR3 | Gigabyte Windforce2x GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5 | Seagate 1TB SATA 7200rpm 64M | CM Evo Hyper 212 | CM N3000 Black | FSP Raider 550W

  15. #35
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    And how would like blizzard to change 'random' to better suit your needs?
    The fix for the OP is simple. You receive loot from at least 1 boss each week. But to keep lfr from becoming a literal loot pinata, repeats are possible.
    Unsubscribed 3/10/2014 - 8/14/2014.
    "Times change."

    Beware the claims of yearly expansions. It's not more hype more often, it's paying more for less. Fewer tiers, no more new levels, no more new races/classes, but an ever-increasing price tag....

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    What flaw are you talking about and what solution do you propose? Do you realize queue times are determined by the people in line and by the number of required tanks healers and dps to fill a group? It's not like Blizzard just says "DPS queue times will be X, healers Y, and tanks Z."
    One of flaws is that you get loot only for spec you are in when boss dies. Sure, queue times are determined by people (and by Blizzard introducing another class with tank spec), but if you have no time to wait 1 hour in queue only to have last-boss-only pop-up and then requeue for 1 hour more only to have last-boss-only again, and still want drops for your spec, you will queue as some other spec, but will stay in tanking spec. Next time in LFR check around how many non-tank people are actually in tank specs simply because they have little to no choice. I offered solution one page ago, and there are other solutions mentioned.

    Oh, and as chances to win anything are truly low, don't expect situation in LFR to become better on it's own.

  17. #37
    Bloodsail Admiral Tsundere Pejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    C eh N eh D eh
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    No it's designed to waste your points. Gear is suppose to come from bosses now. The game has changed, VP isn't as important as it use to be.

    RNG sucks but there are options, but if you just don't want to do dailies your other option is hit LFR or regular raiding till you get the drop. Which is your choice (hence optional).
    This is exactly right. Blizzard is steering away from valor gear as a consolation prize which is good for the game. When you go to spend valor, it'll actually come to a meaningful decision: upgrade a piece of gear you currently have, or do the work to get to the required prerequisite for valor gear. It makes all aspects of the game rewarding (scenarios need some work though). They're using valor points for progressing for every endgame character, let it be a person who just does dailies to a Heroic Raider - they both have a use for valor.

  18. #38
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    If I speak my mind about the -brainless- people who made comments on my post I'll get forum ban.

    So, enjoy your stupidity and -please- let the rest of us play a decent game instead of ruining it for us with your fanboism.

    Good night.
    With those statements you will anyway.

    Do you think it's somehow ok to call other posters "brainless" and "stupid"? And "fanboy" is also not allowed her.

    So I think you spoke your mind already.

    Goodbye.

  19. #39
    I've found the chances of getting gear from LFR about the same as before, the only thing I would change is raising the odds on getting gear from a coin since you had to go farm them. Whats better about the new system is that you know you have a 15-20% chance of getting gear for your character while before you had to hope for the 25% chance that it would drop and then the 20-50% chance of winning the roll. Its also nice to not have to quit lfrs because there are 4-5 of you class in the raid.

    I know Blizzard has a problem with LFR drama and loot spam but I think they should announce who gets what after the boss kill. You cant trade it and its still personal chances so there is no drama from the old days to trade it. This would at least show people that gear drops and it would be cool to see 10+ items spam from 1 kill.

  20. #40
    The loot you get from Raid finder should come with the typical 2 hour trade window. It would pretty much fix every problem there is with the whole system. You could give away or trade your duplicates or stuff you dont need or want.

    Also Guild run LFR would be useful again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •