Thread: LFR loot idea

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

LFR loot idea

I know for a fact that I am not the only one who has suffered week after week with 28g per kill then another 28g after using a coin. Since the start of the expansion I have literally not won a single item from this new system. It is incredibly discouraging to sit in queue for nearly an hour for 90 valor. LFR has now four parts soon to be six. That's 6 queues at 30 minutes+ each over 6 hours of waiting around. At least in the day of DS, I would see a tanking item drop and I would see myself roll a 12 and lose that item. Losing an item I needed is far more satisfying than being left in the dark with 28g.

An idea I have to maybe encourage people to keep trucking along is a stacking buff of sorts in your raid lockout window. Every week that you kill a boss you gain a 1% increased chance (or some other predetermined number) to get a random piece of loot the next time you kill the boss. If you kill Elegon 10 weeks in a row and get gold every time, on the 11th week you will have a 10% increased chance at winning SOMETHING from his loot table. Considering this is raid finder gear and significantly worse than normal mode gear, after 10 weeks of grovelling at the feet of his nerfed corpse, is it too much to ask for a glimmer of hope?

I might just feel battered and run down by the constant 28g but this loot system is reminding me more and more of D3 and why I ended up quitting D3.

Quote Originally Posted by luckybeer View Post
    Losing an item I needed is far more satisfying than being left in the dark with 28g.
    Until you inspect the guy who won and notice he has the normal version of the item. :P

Deleted
    And how would like blizzard to change 'random' to better suit your needs?

1% per week is a very small change that you would never notice. You might notice how a 30% increased crit rate affects your shadow bolt crits, but you don't notice when a percent increase makes a difference with such small percentages and such a small sample size (of bosses killed). You wouldn't even know if you got the loot because of the increase or not.

If it's not worth waiting in queue for 90 VP, then don't.

If you would rather have nothing than 28g than buy 28g worth of vendor crap and delete it all.

Problems solved.

Honestly most problems with the new loot system are player-solvable or just stem from a misunderstanding of randomness.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you want optics to feel better about your poor luck? The win rate hasn't changed, anyone who can comprehend odds in the old LFR knew that once you calculated the chance of a particular item dropping, the need rate amongst 25 players and your chances of being the highest roll you'd understand that you're usually going to be queuing for nothing more than valor.

The new system is much improved and gives a better atmosphere in the raids. I certainly don't miss the inspections, the "you don't need that" QQ, the offspec need rollers, the trade leveraging, the slow progression between bosses because everyones hovering around the chest or having to wait for rolls to expire because someone left without rolling. If you "enjoyed" that system then you're a very puzzling individual.
    It does annoy me somewhat that there are people who'd complain about one of the most positive quality of life improvements they've made this expansion.
    Last edited by Aurora; 2012-11-14 at 06:39 PM.

Oh my god. People who defend Blizz's decisions no matter how stupid they are will never cease to amaze me.
    Poster above me (Aurora) - no, back with roll option there was MUCH higher chance. People would trade around gear and even if I was unlucky I could invest gold into an offer if the player was on my realm. On new characters I would end up with 3-4 gear pieces PER WEEK PER CHARACTER. Now go repeat that in the new loot mode, I dare you. LOL.

The atmosphere in raids wasn't better before but at least you geared up..

Hating RNG instead of fellow LFR players isn't the real reason they made this. Low drop percentage (even with coins used) makes you play more to get the same gear = longer subscription eventually. Wake up people.

If you "enjoy" the new system then you're a very puzzling individual.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    So you want optics to feel better about your poor luck? The win rate hasn't changed, anyone who can comprehend odds in the old LFR knew that once you calculated the chance of a particular item dropping, the need rate amongst 25 players and your chances of being the highest roll you'd understand that you're usually going to be queuing for nothing more than valor.

The new system is much improved and gives a better atmosphere in the raids. I certainly don't miss the inspections, the "you don't need that" QQ, the offspec need rollers, the trade leveraging, the slow progression between bosses because everyones hovering around the chest or having to wait for rolls to expire because someone left without rolling. If you "enjoyed" that system then you're a very puzzling individual.
    It does annoy me somewhat that there are people who'd complain about one of the most positive quality of life improvements they've made this expansion.
    i got quite a lot of gear form MSV LFR heck bar 4 items my gear is either MSV lfr or vp 1 begin the darkmoon trinket , 1 being from galion, 1 being tier from sha and the 4th being off set gloves form LFR HOF part 1 so basically from 3 lfr's i've won 1 item not bad (that's just counting HOF)

but id rather get gold that duplicate items when i won a 2nd bottle of infinite stars form Elegon i flt like it had gone to waste as there was another hunter in the raid that needed it i couldn't trade it...
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-11-14 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Right back at you.
    I would enjoy to see your face when your sudden luck disappears and you end up like the most of us, gearless and with wasted time/effort. Enjoy
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

This is actually a much better idea than I expected from a internet forum, but it is still total possible that people will still not earn any gear.
    Therefore the complain will still exist.

I walk in this thread expecting the poster have not grasp the concept of randomness.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2012-11-14 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Until you inspect the guy who won and notice he has the normal version of the item. :P
    I hated that, saw it way too many times.

Actually the more I read it, the better I like your idea.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2012-11-14 at 06:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    In terms of pure mechanics, I find the new LFR loot system an improvement over the Cataclysm system by several degrees. In Cata, there was a pre-set chance a boss would drop an item I needed, and if it did indeed drop it then it was me vs. every other eligible class/spec that could roll Need on the item. Couple this with people rolling for that 1 item who might A.) already have it, B.) have better than it and are rolling to vendor it, or C.) rolling to ostensibly trade it to someone for an item of a different type/spec. And indeed, during the entirety of Cata I received almost no gear from my LFR runs.

The MoP system of loot for LFR ensures that if the personalized loot table for a boss has an item I can use, I will recieve it. If it doesn't, I have the option of getting a second roll to possibly generate another chance of loot if I want to take it. I'm not fighting anyone else for my drops, and no one can game the system against me because they've no access to my personalized loot table. It is likely that the overall average drop chances are lower to offset the possibility of double rolls (using the Elder Charms) against each boss - but even with that, my actual odds of getting gear strikes me as better in the long term.

I truly believe that people who are dead-set against the MoP LFR loot system are having a type of withdrawal from the actual Skinner effect of *seeing* the loot on the boss and the rush that comes with with winning or losing a roll against other people. I would wager that if Blizzard displayed a loot frame for the 25 people showing who got what in their rolls that a good deal of this negative feeling would actually evaporate, even though such a visual would effectively change nothing about the system itself.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by luckybeer View Post

I might just feel battered and run down by the constant 28g but this loot system is reminding me more and more of D3 and why I ended up quitting D3.
    This is only true because valor is taking a "backseat" this expansion. Imagine if for instance the valor gear was available to you without dailies and at a better pace than it is now. They've decided that this was to good and now you should be subject to rng and somehow that's enjoyable. I can agree the game is feeling more and more d3 like though. The sad part is getting loot off a boss doesn't feel any more rewarding. The entire experience just feels more frustrating than anything.

So we increase the rate to 5%, because 1% is too weak to notice. We're now in a situation where you know you have increased chance at loot, and you know you don't need any loot from the first 2 bosses in the raid. If you kill those first bosses and get some duplicate loot, you've ruined your bonus. Instead you're going to have to keep queue dropping until you get a 3rd boss only raid.

I think it causes more problems than solves them. Just hang in there, you'll get the loot you need eventually (...probably).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

They could increase chances for drops by including all items useful for your class in chance to win. Also as I heard before this system was implemented - there was chance for flask, pots, gems in this bag, not straight gold (and 28g is just nothing these days).

I saw that people started to blatantly cheat system by switching specs middle LFR to get wanted drops. I even had to cheat this way myself to avoid double-queue (and queue as tank takes ages, and then you get instance where everything except last boss is killed...) for which I feel no shame.
    Poster above me (Aurora) - no, back with roll option there was MUCH higher chance.
    You, as many others here, are wrong. System was designed as if it was standard Need Before Greed, where everyone who can presss "Need" would do so (and that's how exactly it worked with DS). Bosses have large loot tables, so it is like 15-20% chance for the item you are after to show up. Then there is like 5+ people who could roll "Need", making your chances to go down to 3-4%, making it almost on par to win mount during seasonal holidays.

It is just so happened that current LFR system clearly shows all disheartening nature of lottery system of rewards in PvE. If you can see what dropped, or not, lottery is lottery.

Deleted
    Well what do you expect, from the DS loot system people kept moaning and crying about their shit getting ninja'd, this is what we have resulted to.
    Its a stupid loot system, why couldn't they keep it as it was for DS, week after week im there getting a stupid bag with 28g, the boss fights are dull and 28g is not even rewarding!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I saw that people started to blatantly cheat system by switching specs middle LFR to get wanted drops. I even had to cheat this way myself to avoid double-queue (and queue as tank takes ages, and then you get instance where everything except last boss is killed...) for which I feel no shame.
    Hang on! This works!?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Well just now I got one more item... the Lei Shen trinket but I already had that.

Also the OP is full of poop, even as DPS I waited a max of 15 mins, usually it's around 8-12 mins and you can actually do other stuff while waiting.
    Queue times will vary depending on when and where you are when you queue. I queue as a tank and avg queue time so far has been 57 minutes...which is nice because I can queue when I log on, do dailies and then afk for 20 minutes until I get in. I'm not sure what queue times are like for healers or dps in my realm, but for tanks it is nearly an hour per queue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    Oh my god. People who defend Blizz's decisions no matter how stupid they are will never cease to amaze me.
    Poster above me (Aurora) - no, back with roll option there was MUCH higher chance.
    And you know this because? I do love how people crawl out of the woodwork with nothing but 'I think' and believe that works. It's not people defending blizzard it's people who understand 'random' and 'math' of which I'm guessing your not one.

People would trade around gear and even if I was unlucky I could invest gold into an offer if the player was on my realm.
    Are you high? Are you trying to say that letting people take gear for friends or selling to you is in some way better than RNG gear for your class? Or the even worse watching them DE and item you'd like.....I'm not sure what Utopian sever live on, but most people don't have this.

On new characters I would end up with 3-4 gear pieces PER WEEK PER CHARACTER. Now go repeat that in the new loot mode, I dare you. LOL.
    What's LOL is that you think you're experience of good luck is in some way representative?!

Hating RNG instead of fellow LFR players isn't the real reason they made this. Low drop percentage (even with coins used) makes you play more to get the same gear = longer subscription eventually. Wake up people.
    I think you should go back to sleep, you know the easy way to see what's dropped is to ask right? and when a good chunk of people list gear you know you're just unlucky, it's really that simple.

The fact that you jump to some tin foil hat conspiracy theory tell's me pretty much all I need to know about what and how you think.
    Last edited by mmocd3e258d247; 2012-11-14 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kindomroll View Post
    Well what do you expect, from the DS loot system people kept moaning and crying about their shit getting ninja'd, this is what we have resulted to.
    Its a stupid loot system, why couldn't they keep it as it was for DS, week after week im there getting a stupid bag with 28g, the boss fights are dull and 28g is not even rewarding!
    But in DS you wouldn't win the loot and would get nothing. In DS you had to hope the boss dropped something that you could even roll on, then you had to compete with 6-10 players for the loot, some of whom wouldn't actually need it but would roll need anyways. Do wish the bags would have the chance at a potion or something other than gold, maybe some food or crafting mats for your professions.

In MOP you don't see the roll but it's there (plus an additional roll if you use a coin) and you always have a chance at winning loot, not just if the boss happened to drop something you could use. The perception is worse though.

So far in LFR, I've only done MV but my first 2 runs I received a pair of boots and then last night I won 5 things off of 6 bosses (minus a couple coins).

Like all RNG you are never guaranteed anything. We've been running BWL every week since MoP release trying to get my buddies Bloodfang chest. Still haven't seen it drop. Almost gotten two full sets of Dragonstalker though. Been running Jade Temple nearly everyday and have only ever seen the AGI trinket drop once, lost it to an undergeared Druid. So I really don't see how this is any different than how it's always been. Plus in the 10 weeks you would go to get your buff up to 10% you could easily get two reps up to Revered and buy two to three pieces of VP gear. Not only that, you're learning the fights and getting to see content(which I believe is the actual point of LFR).
    "We speak the dragons' language of flame and rage. They speak our language of fury and honor. Together we shall weave a tale of destruction without equal."