Thread: 360 games

10+ Year Old Account

360 games

Okay, I've been a longtime PS3 owner, had one the day of launch. The disk drive recently stopped working, so I'm unable to play any of my ps3 games. I bought the Halo 4 xbox 360 last night and am looking for some more games I may not know about that are specific to consoles (I usually played stuff on PC). I've looked around but I don't like Call of Duty/Gears of War really.

Some of my favorite games are:

Dragon Age Origins
    Dragon Age 2
    Mass Effect 1,2,3
    every metal gear game ever

I love the combat driven RPG's, but not really oblivion/skyrim (too much fluff for me) without direction on what you're really supposed to do. It was just a little too "everywhere at once". I already have The Witcher 2, Deus Ex: HR, both Bioshock games, and Borderlands 2 on PC. I have Dark Souls and Fallout 3, neither of which even work on PC apparently (from Steam, even after the "fixes"). I have Kingdoms of Amalur on PS3 and can't play it anymore, I was really starting to get into it too. Buying it again just feels really bad, but I may have to.

Is there anything like Dragon Age 2 (gameplay wise, I know the map/zone/area part of the game was subpar but as far as combat it's 2nd to none except maybe mass effect 2/3)? Or even mass effect 2/3? I love talent points, equipment upgrades, getting new abilities, leveling up, etc. I like a focused story.

Stuff I'm looking at atm, Kier, Vanquish, and the Castlevania game for 360, anyone played them? How are they?
    Last edited by Varyk; 2012-11-14 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can try Dragon's Dogma, that is a pretty good game. Little more like DA2's Combat though, Other than that it's a typical RPG with skill and armor and weapon upgrades.

Got a question regarding your PS3 though. Mine had done the same thing a few months back, so i dusted off the 360 and have been using that. What were you playing when your PS3 died? Also was it the HDD (Hard Drive) or the Optical Drive (CD/DVD/Bluray) that died?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You can try Dragon's Dogma, that is a pretty good game. Little more like DA2's Combat though, Other than that it's a typical RPG with skill and armor and weapon upgrades.

Got a question regarding your PS3 though. Mine had done the same thing a few months back, so i dusted off the 360 and have been using that. What were you playing when your PS3 died? Also was it the HDD (Hard Drive) or the Optical Drive (CD/DVD/Bluray) that died?
    It was the optical drive (the motor died, the eye still works). I tried opening it, it got stuck, I took it apart to see what was wrong and wouldn't work after turning power on. It was working the night before, and didn't the next morning.

It still turns on, goes to the menu, does everything but load discs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    It was the optical drive (the motor died, the eye still works). I tried opening it, it got stuck, I took it apart to see what was wrong and wouldn't work after turning power on. It was working the night before, and didn't the next morning.

It still turns on, goes to the menu, does everything but load discs.
    Same exact thing happened to mine. As it stands right now, it is a Netflix Machine lol.

I have been interested in opening it up and seeing if i could repair it. I'm a little reluctant though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Same exact thing happened to mine. As it stands right now, it is a Netflix Machine lol.

I have been interested in opening it up and seeing if i could repair it. I'm a little reluctant though.
    You can buy a new disc drive for around 60-80 dollars. Keeping the backwards compatible machine with game save data is more important to me. I just saw Target had 1 left and decided to try out the 360, I've never owned one. The PS3 is an amazing machine, the fact that it lasted that long was pretty remarkable. It's been turned on probably 90% of the day since launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    You can buy a new disc drive for around 60-80 dollars. Keeping the backwards compatible machine with game save data is more important to me. I just saw Target had 1 left and decided to try out the 360, I've never owned one. The PS3 is an amazing machine, the fact that it lasted that long was pretty remarkable. It's been turned on probably 90% of the day since launch.
    I actually just read a thread about how to fix it, it cost the guy $45, he said it is a pretty simple swap. I may actually do it, i want my Skyrim saved data back lol. And many of my PS1&2 data as well.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 08:19 PM ----------

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/672905

Post #17

"YAAAAA!!! It's alive! I put in my new KEM 400AAA assembly ($45 + shipping) and it works perfectly! Sure beats paying those pricks at Sony $150. Thanks to all who replied to this post, and I hope there are others who benefit from this post."

In the actual thread there is a little more information about where he bought the assembly and what his systems symptoms were.