Shadow priest silence

I'm just wondering why Spriest silence is on a 45sec Cd while mages and locks silence is only on a 24sec (with no glyph+set bonus). I use to see a why they had it being a talent but now all Spriests get it I think they should have a lower Cd, but this is only coming from a warlocks point of view it would be nice to know how other classes feel about this issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because we have fears as well. Which in a way is a silence as well.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Because they also have a short cooldown fear, a fearbot, and a horrify/disarm. The fears in particular are amazing--with their break threshold now they may as well be a stun, except that they put you way out of position as a bonus. Priests also have a lot better sustainability and support abilities than a mage or warlock. Different classes are different. Warriors have a much longer cooldown on their fear than you do, but they've got shockwave to make up for it.

Because it is a guaranteed silence, mage and lock don't have that.

Yes they do. Improved Counterspell is baseline and Spell Lock has a built-in silence.

You want Shadow to have more control?

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind if Blizzard gave it a build-in 4-6 second interrupt to avoid DR and trinket/bubble/iceblock.

All good points But as a lock i find priest to easy to kill just run away from the fear bot and dot let them close to fear, wait for em to pop there silance and after that Hit on them to hard to do anything

Because a shadow priest isn't a mage?
    Sounds like everyone wants every class to have every ability, which is ruining pvp.

Deleted
    Priest silence is fine :\ ?

As an experienced shadow priest I agree our control is already very high. Lowering the cd would make us far too strong.

Deleted
    Shadow Priests don't have more control than mages/warlocks.

Wouldn't exactly call psycic scream a low cooldown, its still 30 sec CD and it DRs with the fiend. The fiend is also getting lots of nerfs so i'd say the root is going to be better, you need that for warriors.

Locks Fear don't even have a CD so... And you don't have to be in melee range. Blood Fear is the shit.

I want the CD reduced to 35 at least, and as someone stated, an interrupt so you can't just iceblock it/trinket it off. Mages always go fear->trinket silence->iceblock and proceed to chain-cc me into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Locks Fear don't even have a CD so... And you don't have to be in melee range. Blood Fear is the shit.
    Normal Fear has a cast time. Blood Fear has a cooldown + costs HP.

Spriests don't need silence, you've been killing everything while they run around like idiots with all fearbreaking abilities used up and on cooldown.

Different classes are different

Also Warlock's spell lock isnt available all the time as it is tied to a Pet

10+ Year Old Account
    Because classes are different. And you got way to many fears on way to short cds.

Quote Originally Posted by Erlifal View Post
    I'm just wondering why Spriest silence is on a 45sec Cd while mages and locks silence is only on a 24sec (with no glyph+set bonus). I use to see a why they had it being a talent but now all Spriests get it I think they should have a lower Cd, but this is only coming from a warlocks point of view it would be nice to know how other classes feel about this issue
    Not sure if srs.

Mage counterspell is a 20second cd with their grossly overpowered two piece bonus from pvp set, by far the best two piece bonus in the game