15+ Year Old Account

Mage or Warlock in MoP 5.1 PvP?

I'm fairly good with the mage, still somewhat new to the lock. I'm just wondering what would be better against enemy healers in general? And which specs for mage or lock?

I only do BG's and world PvP. No arenas.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

It has been my experience that mage totally outclasses locks in PvP... lots and lots of tricks you can pull and serious damage.

Deleted
    Warlocks - Demo locks are extremely strong right now, one of the best arena classes and they always get stronger as expansions go on. They will have to fix affliction at some point.

Deleted
    If dont do any arena at all - mage. No contest, really.
    (and even if you decide you will do some arena, warlocks arena viability came from afflictions synergy with a wide array of classes and comps. This is gone completely in MoP.)

Deleted
    Yeah, warlock hardly does any damage whatsoever. Those 250k chaosbolts? Other classes do better. Also they lack any kind of synergy, especially with resto shamans. And when it comes to CC, warlocks don't have any kind of CC whatsoever. Also Warlocks lack self heal, while the mage has great self heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Yeah, warlock hardly does any damage whatsoever. Those 250k chaosbolts? Other classes do better. Also they lack any kind of synergy, especially with resto shamans. And when it comes to CC, warlocks don't have any kind of CC whatsoever. Also Warlocks lack self heal, while the mage has great self heal.
    Using 1 interrupt, cooldown or dispel every 2 minutes will stop all those "250k chaos bolts".

I play lock, and I must say im very very confused with the comment saying locks hardly do any damage other than 250k crits with cb. You get your teamate to cc 1 and you take the other one, if they trinket you just shadowfury, then procede by popping a conflag and havoc, then you pop cds and trinket for so casting a 1.5sec CB. And whoops you just did about 160k to two targets in less than 5 seconds, while you just continue putting presure by popping Unendig Resolve which makes you immune to interupts and spell locks, and woow you are having insane pressure and lots of damage. Also selfhealing isnt really a problem, I can stand in the middle of a RBG facing the whole enemy team for 15 seconds without dieing, slowing them down and waiting for my team to come to rescue. So you sir Deleth are very wrong here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Lolwut?

Dark Regeneration + Glyph of healthtone

Macro Dark Regeneration with Healthstone

=100% health back in 11ish seconds

locks are probably more interesting to play than mages. As mages are fairly straightforward. Locks have many tricks too. And if more changes hit the mages as they are currently in the focus of the dev team, its only better for the lock who is not really on their radar except for chaos bolt.

Btw, i found good use of bloodfear in random bgs. Not sure if this one is worth to take into rated pvp, but in random bgs you chain fear stuff and its incredibly annoying remembering on the old infamous BC days.

Demo is the only viable spec for pvp right now and it's about to get nerfed. Only problem currently with demo is that it takes a long time to build demonic fury, so you have to play defensively at first. But once you pop meta and blow your CD's it's party time and you can kill anything.

I'd stick with the mage.

Deleted
    It all depends on what you wish to do at 90. Currently, warlocks are very good in rbgs ( as destro?! ) and in a tight spot in pvp ( unless the ones I've seen at high rating did not exploit ). Nevertheless, try them both, and see which one you enjoy and like the best. There is no point in playing a class for the sole purpose of them being op atm.
    And yes, mages can become boring for a reroller, especially frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    definitely mage, warlocks are great, but in wpvp and BGs mages just have a much larger toolkit and can do the same if not more damage.

warlocks can do 170k crits on full resil players but theyre nerfing it so mages will be better once again
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    warlocks can do 170k crits on full resil players but theyre nerfing it so mages will be better once again
    Mages can do roughly the same if not more damage in the same amount of time, chaos bolt takes a LONG time to cast. If you get hit by it you deserve it... and demo is getting nerfed for pvp in 5.1, not only that but demonic fury takes quite a long time to build up.

Demo locks are the new Gods of arena. Bow down to your new demon lords.