Poll: Do you still play any MMOs?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you still play any major MMOs?

Last year when cata came out I was as excited as everyone else. Turned out cata was the worst that ever happened to WoW, so I quit.

Tried SWToR, good IP, horrible execution, tried for a few months and elft.
    Then GW2 came along, it was again a decent game but not quite upto the scratch.
    Lastly, tried pandaland and as always blizzard never dissapoints and provides a sub-par MMO package with poorly implemented ideas and bloat.

One thing I have noticed progressively is that MMO community in general has become worse to the point that one would not want to be associated with such a community. The examples can be seen in the sub forums here. The WoW forum has more people voting that blizz should keep charging for server transfers (even though it's a completely automated process). The SWToR folks act like nothing went wrong and SWToR is the best darn game in the world. GW2 players are oblivious to the fact that just like SWToR, a large percent of people who started to play are gone but they just say good riddance.

Add to that the very very arrogant attitudes of MMO devs, ignoring feedback and not listening to players etc., MMO genre just seems to be a place for the bottom of the barrel gamers. What do you reckon, what are you playing now?

Not a very good poll. You are missing Rift and maybe a few others, and some people play more then one.

I personally play WoW, Rift, SWTOR and GW2. All of them are great games and i see myself actively playing them all for a while.

I still have the pleasure to play an mmorpg, EvE Online to be precise, greatest fun I've had in quite a while.

Might be a good idea to broaden your view, there are plenty of niche mmorpgs out there, which aren't overly popular; however, can be immensely fun.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    Last year when cata came out I was as excited as everyone else. Turned out cata was the worst that ever happened to WoW, so I quit.

Tried SWToR, good IP, horrible execution, tried for a few months and elft.
    Then GW2 came along, it was again a decent game but not quite upto the scratch.
    Lastly, tried pandaland and as always blizzard never dissapoints and provides a sub-par MMO package with poorly implemented ideas and bloat.

One thing I have noticed progressively is that MMO community in general has become worse to the point that one would not want to be associated with such a community. The examples can be seen in the sub forums here. The WoW forum has more people voting that blizz should keep charging for server transfers (even though it's a completely automated process). The SWToR folks act like nothing went wrong and SWToR is the best darn game in the world. GW2 players are oblivious to the fact that just like SWToR, a large percent of people who started to play are gone but they just say good riddance.

Add to that the very very arrogant attitudes of MMO devs, ignoring feedback and not listening to players etc., MMO genre just seems to be a place for the bottom of the barrel gamers. What do you reckon, what are you playing now?
    Sounds to me like you're just burnt out on MMOs, the genre hasn't really changed, the players do. Take a break for a while if you're feeling so strongly.

Pandaland with poorly implemented ideas? What pandaland did you play?
    Devs being arrogant? Where do you get this from? What devs?
    You are just shooting all over the place in the hopes of catching someones interest and producing one hell of a discussion that really does nothing.

Poor thread is poor.

I'm playing WoW and Eve Online

10+ Year Old Account
    Left out Rift. Since an expansion just came out yesterday it's a viable option. Lotro etc etc but yeah Rift atm for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ledger View Post
    Pandaland with poorly implemented ideas? What pandaland did you play?
    Devs being arrogant? Where do you get this from? What devs?
    You are just shooting all over the place in the hopes of catching someones interest and producing one hell of a discussion that really does nothing.

Poor thread is poor.
    I agree he didn't mention examples, and it's a very volatile way to say it, but there ARE in fact many features that didn't go according to plan, and the developers ARE ignoring a very large part of the playerbase and its opinions.

You find me an overwhelming majority of people that enjoy the lack of BoA flight tomes, the daily grind on 6 toons, total buzz-kill loot system, and daily dungeon over weekly cap. They insist this is all just part of their design, which it might be, but nobody wants their design.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play WoW and GW2 currently, I tried rift and the leveling kinda turned me off so I left after beta (loved the talent system though) I played swtor for a month or 2, awesome leveling storyline (good enough to be a single player story game imo, very long) but besides that had a lot of flaws.
    I played runescape back in its day.

But to be honest I only picked up gw2 because of no subscription but end game pve is kinda lackluster, WvW is amazing but WoW takes up so much of my time and throw in console gaming and I'm booked up

I would still be playing Swtor if it was 100% full game with no sub, Will probably play wow until the end (or until they stop releasing content)

Almost regretting not re-subbing to FF XIV to lock in the reduced price so I could try out "A Realm Reborn" when it reopens, assuming the fix...well, almost everything.

I'm still sticking with WoW primarily and GW2 if there's a lull, but honestly, I'm looking forward to what SOE plans with EQNext since they're working on being different than the generic WoW imitation and focusing on a more sandbox style design.

Sandbox MMO with fantasy genre setting? Perhaps yes, please.

A very nicely biased post, you ask our opinion then call people that still enjoy mmo's 'bottom of the barrel gamers'.

Perhaps you should develop an MMO the way you think they shoulod be seeming as you have so much hate for any MMO out there and all the devs currently working on them.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintCree View Post
    I agree he didn't mention examples, and it's a very volatile way to say it, but there ARE in fact many features that didn't go according to plan, and the developers ARE ignoring a very large part of the playerbase and its opinions.

You find me an overwhelming majority of people that enjoy the lack of BoA flight tomes, the daily grind on 6 toons, total buzz-kill loot system, and daily dungeon over weekly cap. They insist this is all just part of their design, which it might be, but nobody wants their design.
    Forum-goers are not a majority in any sense of the word, nor are they a very large part of the playerbase. They are a very very vocal minority, minuscule in comparison to the WoW population as a whole.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    I log onto WoW to chat to people but I haven't purchased MoP and don't actually leave Orgrimmar. I play GW2 on a casual level and I'm planning to play Elder Scrolls next year.

MMO genre just seems to be a place for the bottom of the barrel gamers
    Would disagree, I have met, and know plenty of people still playing MMOs who are top quality gamers and top quality people. Judging and stereotypes are bad.

Played SWTOR upon release, shook my head at just how bad it was, quit. Never played GW2, but from everything I saw and read about it, end game is not for me. I also don't like how if something happens to your account and you lose your character/s, you can't get anything back. I like peace of mind and security. JMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be big on MMO's (WoW/Rift/Aion) but as of late i have been avoiding them. I don't think its a case of being burnt out just the fact that i have been enjoying off-line games lot more than the MMO's i play. The only real Online game i play is Diablo 3 and some FPS'ers. I've gone back to some PS2 games and modding Skyrim on my spare gaming time.

Depends on your definition of "major"

Still playing Rift, GW2, Aion, and DCUO with relative frequency and you could technically consider all those "major" MMO's.

Deleted
    Eve is the only mmo I still play, and the longest I've been involved in one for, and tbh I've started to slack with it a bit these days. Quit wow after 4.1 was revealed after playing for 4 years.

I played rift, found the game good, but the world and art style utterly soulless and uninspired. Quit at lvl 20.

I played swtor, got bored at lvl20, and decided that I wasn't going to start paying a sub for it after playing solo for 90% of my time in it.

I payed tera, combat was great, but the only pvp i found was basically just ganking, and the dungeons were just boring copy/paste mob tunnels. Quit at lvl 20.

I didn't buy GW2, because of wasting so much money on new mmos, and decided to wait and see. Although, I imagine I wouldn't see lvl21.

I'm going to give TESO a go, unless any really deal breaking info comes out later or in the beta, but overall, I'm feeling like my mmo days might be behind me. Wow is nothing but nostalgic memories for me, and eve which I've been playing regularly since 07 is starting not to give me the rushes and feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment it used to. Playing much more single player games, and there's loads of good non-mmo online games out now that don't demand so much of my gaming time that I'm starting to feel like an mmo-free future might be a good plan.

I play both wow and GW2 but can't select both on the poll! D: no vote for u!

I play Rift and Guild Wars 2 mostly. Although I've been ignoring GW2 for Everquest 2 lately.

I played SWTOR after Blizzard proved that it scraped the bottom of the barrel and decided to make thier next expansion Kung Fu Panda Pokemon land. This was about Early to mid Cata (which I wasn't impressed with)

Played SWTOR, got to 50 loved the story and wanted to play more but then they spat in my face and said they were gonna reduce the price to $15 make it free to play and add one of those insufferable cash shops. I jumped ship and hate Bioware now as well for that crap. I seriously believe they owe me compensation, i poured money into their game hoping for a good future but once they sucked a bunch outta me they decide to hand it out like candy on Halloween and ruin the game with a cash shop.

Both Blizzard then Bioware let me down so they kinda killed MMOs for me. Don't even get me started on loser fans who defend these companies with such fervor its sickening (It's like the companies are holding their soul captive and won't give it back until they fight a useless war on their behalf)

MMOs are dead to me because of greedy/lazy MMO developers. I just came back to see the forums yesterday to satisfy my curiosity to see if anything good has been done. I expected too much.