Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

"The responsiveness of many abilities:.....Rime, Killing machine have been improved."

Can anyone on the 5.1 PTR see what this means? It's the latest build notes.

Wonder if KM is now going to act like Lava Burst does for Ele Shamans...

mmm i always felt like these abilities lagged slightly behind since wrath. It always seemed weird to me, didnt feel instant enough. But no idea what they are talking about.

Not sure about DKs but I know the calculation and latency delay in triggering Blindside for assassination rogues can be longer than your global cooldown even at as low as 100 ping, which is the point at which you start munching blindside procs due to an inability to react and losing DPS. I really hope this is what they are referring to. I have not checked out the 5.1 PTR however.

Right now a lot of abilities like this have a significant amount of lag on them.

I've seen killing machine proc up to 0.7 seconds after auto attacks land.

Hopefully it's better now.

Oh and having bosses target me when I plague leech them is pretty irritating too. That needs to be fixed too, and soon.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2012-11-14 at 09:29 PM.

I just wish Blizz gave us a toggle ability (like Hunter's Trap Launcher) that lets us choose whether or not Frost Strike (for 2H) and Obliterate (for DW) can consume a KM proc. It's such a huge QoL change that allows us to stop basing our abilities on watching a swing timer.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    I just wish Blizz gave us a toggle ability (like Hunter's Trap Launcher) that lets us choose whether or not Frost Strike (for 2H) and Obliterate (for DW) can consume a KM proc. It's such a huge QoL change that allows us to stop basing our abilities on watching a swing timer.
    This wouldn't make the spec better, just easier. Part of the fun of playing DPS (at least for me) is trying to do stuff flawlessly every time. If it was just a priority system with nothing to it I'd probably reroll.

Except eyeballing your swing timer is not an indication of skill. It's not fun. It's just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    It's just annoying.
    In your opinion.

In my opinion if the swing timer wasn't relevant we would just be reacting to procs and doing very little else.

You shouldn't be watching a swing timer addon in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now if they'd fix the refreshing of Censure as well...having it fall off two seconds AFTER you judge/crusader strike/autoattack is extremely frustrating when rolling it on multiple targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    In your opinion.

In my opinion if the swing timer wasn't relevant we would just be reacting to procs and doing very little else.
    There are many ways to make a spec more interesting. Having to watch a swing timer is simply bad design. And it's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    This wouldn't make the spec better, just easier. Part of the fun of playing DPS (at least for me) is trying to do stuff flawlessly every time. If it was just a priority system with nothing to it I'd probably reroll.
    This. It would be nice if it would pop sooner so that you don't use it on FS with no possible wy to avoid it because of timing (outside of a swing timer)
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

There's no need to watch a swing timer when you get to a certain gear level. Using all resources efficiently and never resource capping or losing gcds is more important.

Except eyeballing your swing timer is not an indication of skill. It's not fun. It's just annoying.
    I'm pretty sure this is an indication of skill. Many players cannot do this.

There are many ways to make a spec more interesting. Having to watch a swing timer is simply bad design. And it's annoying.
    Do tell. Many classes go beyond resource management on a higher skill level, and most involve watching some kind of addon timer tick down.

I'm not saying I like this type of play at all, or that I'd rather not watch my swing timer, but little annoying things like that are the staple in WoW now once you pass the basic rotation/priority and resource management school.

I hope they do it better now, its just annoying to see KM pop up after you hit the FS and see it get consumed right away. Involving some skill with proc reacting is okay I guess, but this way its just annoying.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 09:54 AM ----------

Interesting thing btw, pretty much every single DK proc was on that list, as opposed to most other classes (I think).

Deleted
    I don't know what they mean tbh, to me KM and FF pop right after a swing/OB has landed.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    There's no need to watch a swing timer when you get to a certain gear level. Using all resources efficiently and never resource capping or losing gcds is more important.
    For optimal DPS there's always a need to watch the swing timer for 2H frost, because Obliterate always hits harder than Frost Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    I don't know what they mean tbh, to me KM and FF pop right after a swing/OB has landed.
    Weird, my KM always procs at least a third of a second after my swing.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Must be my crappy internet, sometimes it could take an entire gcd for KM to pop on some nights. Thankfully, rolling DW, the damage disparity of FS and OB is not as huge

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Must be my crappy internet, sometimes it could take an entire gcd for KM to pop on some nights.
    It's not your internet.

As I said earlier I've seen km proc 0.7 seconds after an auto attack lands in logs, and if I could be bothered to look more I could probably find slightly larger gaps.

It wouldn't be a problem if the delay was always the same, but for me it seems to vary between about 0.2 and 0.5 seconds most of the time.