1. #1

    Got a gear question...2 piece worth a downgrade?

    Back in ICC/Cata, I was really into raiding, then I took a break right at the end of Cata and now my guild really isn't raiding right now, but I'm still trying to get the most optimal gear that is available to me.

    Therein lies the question. My armory link is in my sig, but these are the 2 pieces right here that I am specifically concerned about

    Robes of the Lightning Rider

    vs.

    Robes of the Burning Scroll

    Is it worth taking the hit to use the 2 piece, or is the 8% to Pyro not worth it? If you're checking out my armory, I'm messing with reforging and stuff to try and see what the deal is, and trying to hit up rawr or something to get a definite answer, so what you see may not be the optimal reforging.

  2. #2
    im assuming you are fire correct?? the tier chest have crit on it with 2 yellow sockets (socket bonus is meh but still bonus is bonus) so i think its better to take the tier chest and socket it with crit 320x2 which should give you over 1350crit rating from the robe alone

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    390
    the 2 set is worth it only if u are hitting enough pyro streaks in a row, if ur hot streaks are sketchy and not really consistent/relaible, leave it for now, loot at swapping when u get 4 set. also on armoury, if u log out in pvp gear and other such stuff can't really get a feel for how ur gear is looking regardless of ilvl, but the fact u have 480 avg, i'm gonna guess u have some semi decent items as ur pve setup.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    the 2 set is worth it only if u are hitting enough pyro streaks in a row, if ur hot streaks are sketchy and not really consistent/relaible, leave it for now, loot at swapping when u get 4 set. also on armoury, if u log out in pvp gear and other such stuff can't really get a feel for how ur gear is looking regardless of ilvl, but the fact u have 480 avg, i'm gonna guess u have some semi decent items as ur pve setup.
    not sure if serious... but 8% more pyro damage is just nuts atm, with the 2 set atm, my pyro accounts for like half of my damage ~35% as pyro, ~15% as combustion ~7% from ignite so ye that is like a bit over 4% damage increase for me.. just cannot see 1 piece beating that unless its way way more int

  5. #5
    First, forgot I logged out in my crappy pvp gear. Whoops.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    im assuming you are fire correct?? the tier chest have crit on it with 2 yellow sockets (socket bonus is meh but still bonus is bonus) so i think its better to take the tier chest and socket it with crit 320x2 which should give you over 1350crit rating from the robe alone
    I would gain a ton of crit from just the piece itself, +685, and that's with it socketed with a JC and regular INT gem. I was under the impression that still, INT was the way to go when gemming.

    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    the 2 set is worth it only if u are hitting enough pyro streaks in a row, if ur hot streaks are sketchy and not really consistent/relaible, leave it for now, loot at swapping when u get 4 set. also on armoury, if u log out in pvp gear and other such stuff can't really get a feel for how ur gear is looking regardless of ilvl, but the fact u have 480 avg, i'm gonna guess u have some semi decent items as ur pve setup.
    Yeah that's one of the reasons I don't like fire sometimes, being lucky is...well based on luck.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    not sure if serious... but 8% more pyro damage is just nuts atm, with the 2 set atm, my pyro accounts for like half of my damage ~35% as pyro, ~15% as combustion ~7% from ignite so ye that is like a bit over 4% damage increase for me.. just cannot see 1 piece beating that unless its way way more int
    Since the piece is a decent downgrade, and I couldn't find any info on how much the bonus was actually worth, and target dummies weren't doing anything for me, I decided to post and see what people had to say.

    Gonna switch and see how it works out long term.

  6. #6
    Understand as well that the 8% pyro buff is going to buff the damage of your ignites and combustions slightly at the same time. Add to that the fact that the tier robe has 2 yellow sockets, there isn't even a contest between the two. Tier is far and away better.

    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  7. #7
    I will definitely downgrade when I get my second T14 piece. Got the T14 Robes LFR and a 489 Robe from MSV. But I think 8% pyro damage is just so awesome And the stats on it are also pretty nice. (D'oh just recognised that I put the wrong jewels into the sockets)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Understand as well that the 8% pyro buff is going to buff the damage of your ignites and combustions slightly at the same time. Add to that the fact that the tier robe has 2 yellow sockets, there isn't even a contest between the two. Tier is far and away better.
    Keep this in mind.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by m1k3y121 View Post
    I was under the impression that still, INT was the way to go when gemming.
    Not right now, no. It might be that Int is more important at higher gear levels (I don't know, that's pure speculation) but right now the majority of the time you will sim as crit being worth a bit more than 0.5 int, making a 320 crit gem more valuable than a 160 int + whatever gem. Remember, secondary stat gems are ridiculous now at 320.

    The best thing to do is sim yourself in SimC and get your stat weights and then see which gems are best.

  10. #10
    Downgrading for 2 set is well worth it, I swapped my heroic gloves for normal tier and my normal chest for lfr and despite losing a few ilvls my damage was instantly noticably better.

  11. #11
    Its well worth it. i downgraded from heroic gloves+heroic chest to 2x lfr chest+gloves. it was only a 200dps increase in simC, but that should still show you something when i traded 2x 502 items for 2x 483 and still got out ahead.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    Its well worth it. i downgraded from heroic gloves+heroic chest to 2x lfr chest+gloves. it was only a 200dps increase in simC, but that should still show you something when i traded 2x 502 items for 2x 483 and still got out ahead.
    And its on Simcraft which doesnt count combustion usage with alter time and stuff.. But ye its pretty crazy upgrade indeed, so much so that I dont think that t15 items would beat the set bonus outside of 4 set t15

  13. #13
    Changed [Robes of the Lightning Rider] + [Undying Shadow Grips] for t14 normal gloves + t14 chest lfr one. Simcraft showed around 1.5k-2k dps upgrade so definetly worth it.

  14. #14
    I changed Normal legs (Sha of Fear) + Hc gloves (Stoneguard) for 2x normal tier, deffi worth it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •