Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So really dark people are unattractive to everyone now? Wow that's interesting since I know quite a few people that like reallllly dark guys and girls.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 02:38 PM ----------

Assuming equal sex drive probably the woman.
    Thank you.

So really dark people are unattractive to everyone now? Wow that's interesting since I know quite a few people that like reallllly dark guys and girls.
    No. Never said that, don't twist words. I have seen a few who were still attractive but on the overall, the darker skin tone was typically found less attractive. Most of the guys go for the caramel color or the light skin toned. But this is off topic to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Found this on Reddit. Found it bizarre. Thought I'd share.

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/yo...online-dating/
    There are a lot of things this could mean.

1) Women have really high standards compared to men. This makes sense because the men distribution is a bell curve, as expected.
    2) The women on OKCupid are a different subset than the men. This also makes sense as the men who resort to OKCupid may be less attractive in general due to not being able to find love elsewhere in real life.
    3) The women who come to these sites are disenchanted with men elsewhere and are not willing to "settle." Hence they hold out for the perfect man, which includes attractiveness. This is just as likely.
    4) The interesting part is that while men rate more women in a "normal" manner, they don't actually message those females. They message high end females 28 times more than low end. This is shown later in the article.

Based on #4, it looks like men are just artificially more fair with rating women. Sure she's a 3/5, but I'll out for the 5/5. Women on the other hand, tell it like it is. Hey, he's not good enough for me, so he's a 1.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 07:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Basically we found out that OKCupid male population on average is below the regular population in terms of looks.... is that honestly that shocking ?
    We can give it a little more thought than that I think. There's a lot more data in the link to suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    No. Never said that, don't twist words. I have seen a few who were still attractive but on the overall, the darker skin tone was typically found less attractive. Most of the guys go for the caramel color or the light skin toned. But this is off topic to the thread.
    How am I twisting your words. You say you have seen a few that are dark and attractive then said darker skin is found less attractive. Then you said I am twisting your words, but your words were.

her skin tone was DARK black, like dark to the point she was unattractive to even most black men,

I'm white, and a friend of mine said it best to me:

"I've seen you in the clubs... I KNOW you got a taste for chocolate!"

;P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'm white, and a friend of mine said it best to me:

"I've seen you in the clubs... I KNOW you got a taste for chocolate!"

;P

Stephen Lynch and XKCD together have all the collected knowledge of humankind.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterfly View Post
    It's quite retarded, and this just tells us that women has TOO HIGH expectations of men.

How many men in the world is above average looking? 50% of them
    How many is below average? 50% of them. It's simple.

I hope at least some women will figure this out and maybe say to themselves "Ohh, maybe my expectations are too high"

Or at least know how "average" works :3
    It actually works out rather well as those shallow women tend to find the better looking shallow men that either have many options of cheating on them or for whatever reason have been unable to maintain a healthy relationship and these short lived vain relationships always end up knocking someone involved off their precious pedestal.

I mean really Handsome Rich men can get away with being complete pigs/assholes so the vast majority of them do indeed treat women as a disposable commodity, and Their are women out their that do the exact same thing.

Deleted
    98% of women overrate their own looks.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Well, if that is the case, then I don't want to hear women bitching about the pressure to look good by men, because clearly they are as vapid and shallow as us.
    I never in my life ever understood that crap. I actually prefer girls with no make up to VERY moderate make up. I hate when they overdo shit, I think high heels to work are stupid etc etc. I hate skinny women and dislike stereotypes. Just as the vast majority of my male friends.

I always felt women put so much effort into "looking good" out of peer pressure and self confidence issues.

It's not guys ladies. It's gay dudes in fashion and other women.

80% are below average? Jesus the top 20% must really bring the average up lol. Anyway a guy expects a good looking girl to look like a super model, same for woman. Thats how it works tbh:P