Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    It really does not affect the mat market all that much. Maybe it's just my server. But typically, I find hitting the DE option is a net gold loss anyway.

    With all the easy mats hitting from JC'ers making rings/necks to dust, the mat economy is horrible.

  2. #82
    Maybe they should only make the option availeable for BoE gear drops, because, non enchanters used to only be able to get tradeable items disenchanted.

    This would make the prices go skyhigh atm i think, but maybe you get more people going "LF enchanter for heroics" or something alike.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by galluk View Post
    It really does not affect the mat market all that much. Maybe it's just my server. But typically, I find hitting the DE option is a net gold loss anyway.

    With all the easy mats hitting from JC'ers making rings/necks to dust, the mat economy is horrible.
    Those JC'ers are also most likely alts of an enchanter, that it what I do. The mats from dungeons is inconsequential to my operations.

  4. #84
    Pretty sure I saw other topic on this subject few months ago.

    Here you go: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...enchant-Button

  5. #85
    The simple explanation to this is Enchanters have theyre gathering profession included on the crafting one, if disenchanter were a separate prof youd not have a disenchant button on dungeons and raids but since enchanters have the amazing benefit of already having theyre gathering profession included on the crafting one blizz tough it was fair that other ppl on a party could have acess to disenchanting stuf as well.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Tieryana View Post
    Enchanting is the only profession that [...]
    There should be more differences between professions, not less. Of course it's hard to balance the benefit of various professions but it would be really boring if every difference was removed.

    Enchanters had almost a monopoly on part of enchanting material (because blues and purple items tend to be BoP), they lost it with the disenchant button. You may argue about why you think Enchanting needs more ways to get gold, but not with a weak argument of "required homogenization".

  7. #87
    I hate it too. Yes, others helped you kill the mob, but that doesnt mean they should be entitled to the materials of it being DE'd. You helped kill the mob, you can vendor it if you want/win. Stay out of my profession market, its destroyed the profit margin by a ton.

  8. #88
    I dont get so much items to DE and get some fee like i did in tbc and early WOTLK and also the price of mats go down on AH with everyone having enchanting mats
    Bad - This is a bad player, he refuses to learn how to play correctly.
    Casual - This is a player that will let everything else take priority over wow.
    Hardcore - This is a player that is fine with putting things on hold while he's on wow.
    Bad/Good - Measure of Skill.
    Casual/Hardcore - Measure of Time

  9. #89
    add mining and herbology to the list. Go ahead. I'll just wait until everyone leaves to mine/herb. You going to wait for everyone to leave to kill the boss?

    Most miners still need on shit they can need on so they can de it themselves.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tieryana View Post
    Example: If I'm grouped with someone that is a miner, skinner or herbalist, and they mine, skin or pick an herb, a window doesn't pop up giving me the option to roll on what they got.
    Actually this is a very sensible idea. Why the hell not ?!

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 11:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    add mining and herbology to the list. Go ahead. I'll just wait until everyone leaves to mine/herb. You going to wait for everyone to leave to kill the boss?
    Easy fix: all mining/herb nodes in instances despawn after the last boss.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    I hate it too. Yes, others helped you kill the mob, but that doesnt mean they should be entitled to the materials of it being DE'd. You helped kill the mob, you can vendor it if you want/win. Stay out of my profession market, its destroyed the profit margin by a ton.
    as has already been covered, No it hasnt really affected profits, its been totally over shadowed by other things and behaviors that have crashed the price from what it used to be. the mats gained from this are piddly.

    Its just purely selfish and vain.

    You're all rolling on the item, someone will win, it doesnt matter if its DE'd or not. it doenst affect you except in the most miniscule and contrived ways.

    and no its not like other profs like cause enchanting is about enchanting and it happens to have its own gathering function, unlike the other profs which are dependent on a gathering prof. D/e is an ancillary function. Tailoring is the same but everyone can loot cloth without rolling for it and tailoring is SUPER MASSIVELY dependent on large amounts of cloth

    and...actually no iam not gonna be part of this forum cycle of constantly repeating the same stuff over and over. Read the damn thread.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2012-11-22 at 05:50 AM.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    The enchanting mats market is controlled by people doing mat shuffles, not random instance drops. Shuflers can DE hundreds of items a day in an hour or so compared to getting a few trash drops and the 3-4 boss shards in a dungeon that takes 30 min and you only have a 20% chance of getting those mats. Even if you consider a few hundred character-instances per day on your server, there are still probably 10 or more people shuffling. So we'll say 2 items DE'd per run in a dungeon X 500 instances for 1k mats vs 10 shufflers x 500 mats for 5k mats and that requires there to be an enchanter in every dungeon run. The fact that shuffling lets you mass produce mats makes it the primary driver of the enchanting mat market.
    This basically. The poster who said that DE mats from random dungeons kills the market is pretty hilarious.
    As an enchanter, even if all the loot were passed to me in a dungeon run and I DE those mats, it would be super inefficient.

  13. #93
    This thread already exists multiple times, you should improve your skills with the search function.

  14. #94
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,057
    i have the perfect solution for this thread

    if you don't want people to de with your profession, leave your rod in the bank. because you can't de without it.

    edit: nevermind, got changed. i don't even think you need a rod to de anymore
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2012-11-22 at 08:17 AM.
    be ready to sacrifice who you are now, at any moment, for who you will become

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jim View Post
    Actually this is a very sensible idea. Why the hell not ?!
    Because those other professions don't require 4 other people putting in their time to run an instance with you to ensure a steady stream of worthwhile items to disenchant.

  16. #96
    Maybe say in a dungeon something is DE for player 1 the player that does the DE gets 1 or 2 dust or something of what was DE

  17. #97
    Be happy the option only appears if you, an Enchanter, are even in the group. Blizzard could just say lol Disenchant is an option in LFG runs now regardless of an Enchanter being around.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    When you are a Miner, you have to go mine and spend time doing it YOURSELF
    When you are a Herbalist, you have to go herb and spend time doing it YOURSELF
    When you are a Skinner, you can skin in groups or by yourself, but the Leather does not need to be shared due to the fact if you weren't there it wouldn't have been skinned.

    Whereas the case with Enchanting, if you weren't there you would have still been able to roll greed on an Item and just Sold it for gold.

    When you are an Enchanter, and you are in a group with other people, THEY also helped you kill whatever it is that dropped the Item that was to be Disenchanted. Thus are entitled to a shot at getting the D/e'd Item regardless if they are enchanters or not, just as you were entitled to get that piece of gear if your character could actually use it.

    People that do not understand this concept make me sad.
    Well to counter your argument enchanters dont NEED groups to get enchanting mats, they just have to have a profession like tailoring to craft stuff to disenchant. And now with the ability to make essences from dusts, and shards from essences they realistically dont NEED to run dungeons if they don't want. I can guarentee if every enchanter stopped running LFD there would be a bigger QQfest by the people slamming the OP than the OP whining about the feature.

  19. #99
    omg again?
    this is so wrath of the lich king

  20. #100
    The Patient pouca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Paris (France)
    Posts
    242
    Please palyers with enchanting on their main avatar, GIVE US A BREAK !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •