Heroic Empress 25 Video, Nov 12 Hotfixes, Win Trading, Blue Posts, HotS Release Date
Patch 5.1 PTR Notes Update - November 8
Only changed and new notes are below, see the full notes on the Blue Tracker.
The Pandaren Campaign begins!
- Players can visit their faction strongholds in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to begin the quest to summon their war fleets to the continent of Pandaria. (Alliance players that couldn't previously complete the starting quests can now speak with Taradormi at Lion's Landing to travel the timeways and experience those quests... BACK IN TIME).
- Players can follow the story of the Pandaren Campaign through a series of special quests tied to their reputation with the landing forces. Heroes assisting with the war effort will join key characters and faction leaders as the growing conflagration spreads across Pandaria... as well as other locations around Azeroth.
- Entry into the brawler’s guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs.
Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- New Pet Ability: Water Jet. Water Jet channels a jet of frigid water at the target, dealing Frost damage over 4 seconds. Frostbolt cast by the pet's owner that hit the target while it is being blasted with icy water will grant a charge of Fingers of Frost. This ability has a 24 second cooldown (shared with Freeze) and a 1 second cast time.
Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Spear Hand Strike now costs 10 energy (was 30).
Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Spells affected by Inner Focus cast while Spirit Shell is active now fully apply critical effect heals to the shield provided.
Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Spirit of Harmony can now be purchased for 600 Conquest Points at the Conquest Quartermaster.
- The Dancing Steel, Jade Spirit, Colossus, and River’s Song enchantments now use the Real PPM system utilized by Windsong and Elemental Force.
- A new Seed has been added: Portal Shards
- A mage who fell on hard times back in Dalaran has found a new home on Pandaria. Barnaby Fletcher will occasionally visit Halfhill Market to peddle a new type of seed – and take advantage of the Tillers’ hospitality.
- Portal Shards grow into consumable items which can be used to open a portal from Sunsong Ranch to a major faction city.
- Seeds now stack to 50.
- Runty crops now have a spell visual to help call attention to themselves.
- Growing crops now display the duration until the crop is ready to harvest.
- Characters who have earned the “Friends on the Farm” achievement will no longer find gifts while harvesting Cooking Ingredient crops – instead, they have a chance to find special seeds such as Magebulb, Enigma Seed, Songbell, and more.
Raids, Dungeons and Scenarios
- Non-boss enemies in Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of Endless Spring now respawn much more slowly.
- Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone.
- New level 90 Scenarios have been added, including additional faction specific Scenarios:
- Assault on Zan'Vess
- Lion's Landing
- A Little Patience
- Domination Point
- Dagger in the Dark
- The growing conflict between the Horde and the Alliance has spilled across the face of Azeroth: level 90 players can now queue for Wintergrasp and Tol Barad via the PvP tab to battle one another in these epic conflicts.
- Arena matches now have a 25 minute time limit (was 45 minutes).
- Rated Battlegrounds now share the same spell restrictions as Arenas.
- Swooping Plainshawks no longer use abilities from the Bird of Prey Hunter pet family.
- Fixed an issue that could cause crops to fail to appear when players entered Sunsong Ranch while several hundred yards up in the air.
- Players who have learned the Terrible Turnip pet can now continue to find Ominous Seeds when harvesting Cooking Ingredient crops.
- The responsiveness of many abilities and effects has been improved, including: Renewing Mist, Halo, Rogue Poisons, Revealing Strike, Rime, Killing Machine, Maelstrom Weapon, Sudden Doom, Ultimatum, Scent of Blood, Crimson Scourge, and Sudden Death.
- The following spells now display less intense visual effects for other players: Hellfire, Death and Decay, Hurricane, Astral Storm, and Explosive Trap.
- Earthquake sound effect is now quieter.