Garalon 10 Help w/ raid comp and leg/kiting

Hello MMO-C,

I would just like some of your guys feedback and pointers on how we could down this bug. Our best attempt was at 17% when we used 2 (proper tanks) 3 heals and 5 dps.

After healers and everyone got comfortable w/ the fight, I (one of the tanks) switched to DPS Arms in Defensive stance and soaked the swipes.

Logs : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/g34yr1bp3ffsp8rb/

We have a...
    Prot warrior (arms dps soaker)
    Prot Pally
    H Pally
    Resto Druid
    Resto Sham
    Frost DK
    Fire Mage
    Hunter
    Fury Warrior
    Affliction Lock

What would you say would be ideal in handling the legs and kiting? Also, who should be on the boss full time and who should switch to legs? any thoughts and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest 2 healing to help with Enrage timer. Your raid DPS is kind of low. Your Warrior needs to pick it up, significantly. Melee is really good for this fight. Your melee should focus the legs and then body, and the ranged should favor body from what I've seen. Affliction should multi dot of course.

Tanks are good kiters. So are Fire Mages.

we usually have the two tank soakers and a hunter and a lock soaking up the phermones. should we try something different?

Also, I notice that I ( the Arms warrior/ soaker) get out of his range when I am kiting phermones and also need to soak the swipe. What would be ideal in this situation? to have a back up to soak up the swipe or just let him gain a buff or two?

I only looked at your enrage wipe. Your dps is waaaay too low to 3 heal it. You'd need each dps to average 85k or so to beat the enrage.

Here are some logs from our first and second kills.

1st: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...?s=4743&e=5157

2nd: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...?s=4647&e=5063

We all swap to the legs when they are up unless they are in the pheromones but always do our best to in for all of them.

Your warriors, locks and your hunters dps are really poor and way below where it needs to be. The hot fixes will help your hunter abit as BM coz his pets will get the damage buff. But looking at it quickly you need to find at least another 70k dps across the raid just to get close to the enrage.

Your bloodlusting at the start which is the best thing to do. In terms of kiting, we use our tanks and our healers so the dps can focus on their dps. Hunters are very good for kiting, especially BM ones as they can keep their pet on the boss while they kite.

Very tight enrage and your team has a lot of work to do to make up the dps difference!

We 3 heal, a nice trick is to only have 3 kiters, 1 healer 2 dps. Swap the debuff on 20 stacks, make sure your dps are not brain dead, always always always focus down legs before body, even on like 5%, always legs, until you are like less than 3%.

Deleted
    Your dps is really low OP, to the point where I'd say it's more of a L2P issue than anything else.

Anyways, melee full time on legs, 2 heal it if you want a shot at meeting the enrage timer, have ranged kite if it feels easier.

I know that several people are using tanks or plate users to soak and kite but it's really up to you. My guild use 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 dps. 2 healers + 1 dps are kiting, 2 melee on legs with both tanks doing a substantial amount of dps to the legs as well - we burn down a leg on our own with ease.

We had no issues with the enrage timer with this tactic but our Rogue did like 120k and our Warrior did about 110k.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post

We had no issues with the enrage timer with this tactic but our Rogue did like 120k and our Warrior did about 110k.
    To be fair, this is pretty much the dream team as far as this fight is concerned.

Deleted
    It is indeed, which is why I mentioned it. If we didn't have those 2 melee dps, maybe we would consider changing our strategy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    I know that several people are using tanks or plate users to soak and kite but it's really up to you. My guild use 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 dps. 2 healers + 1 dps are kiting, 2 melee on legs with both tanks doing a substantial amount of dps to the legs as well - we burn down a leg on our own with ease.

With three kiters you must be pushing 30 stacks on pheromones is that correct? Could you provide any logs for us just out of curiousity.

The same question goes to Chrispotter, I can't understand how you manage to swap at 20 stacks with 3 kiters... :/
    My napkin math tells me pungency with a 120 sec duration, would need to set of 30 stacks (stacking every 2 seconds

Deleted
    I went through our logs and we did indeed use 4 kiters. 2 healers and 2 dps - my bad sorry.

We did 3 healers, 1 tank (me doing about 42k), and 1 ret pally soaker. We had all ranged kite. 4 in total taking it at 20 stacks. We bopped the person getting the pheremone from the existing kiter and tried to Devo Aura a few so the tick hurt less while they were stunned. The two soackers made sure they were soaking while dpsing in the leg circles.. bah.. we did a bunch of little things that helped our low dps team kill it. Not sure it's as low as yours but it may help. the tips are in the video I narrated. Good luck. feel free to pst me in game about this bug. I don't mind helping out at all on specific questions. Frontallobe US Mal'ganis horde.

Deleted
    We use 2 healers for this. Our soaking rotation looks something like: Both tanks take about 20+ stacks, then our dps turn it over at around 16-18. We use ele sham, mage, mage, lock, then back to the tanks. All of our ranged are stacked and will swap to the legs but do not run around all the time into rings. They only move into a ring if it spawns right near the stack. Our dps warrior is the only one getting a damage bonus on the legs and he did 110k dps this week, so I think your warriors are very low. Infact, all of your dps are really low so you NEED to 2 heal this or improve your DPSers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmurf View Post
    With three kiters you must be pushing 30 stacks on pheromones is that correct? Could you provide any logs for us just out of curiousity.

The same question goes to Chrispotter, I can't understand how you manage to swap at 20 stacks with 3 kiters... :/
    My napkin math tells me pungency with a 120 sec duration, would need to set of 30 stacks (stacking every 2 seconds
    Dude - If the duration is 120 seconds and you say 3 kiters you dont get how they switch at 20 stacks. well the debuff stacks every 2 seconds. so 20 stacks is worth 20x 2 secs = 40 seconds. 40 x 3 happends to be 120 seconds perfectly fine to finish a round.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Dude - If the duration is 120 seconds and you say 3 kiters you dont get how they switch at 20 stacks. well the debuff stacks every 2 seconds. so 20 stacks is worth 20x 2 secs = 40 seconds. 40 x 3 happends to be 120 seconds perfectly fine to finish a round.
    You are just missing the fact that the current person has 120 seconds of the debuff AFTER they passed the pheromones. That means they need 3 people taking 20 staks (120 sec as you computed) AFTER they have already passed it, to have their stacks reset, so in total 4 people kiting

Thanks for all the posts and replies. We finally got the kill last night. =)

Used 1 proper tank and 1 DPS Arms warrior tank (myself) 3 heals and rest dps. We had, I believe, 5 attempts that were under 2-3%. Guild was getting PISSED and our kill, we had around 10-15 seconds left on enrage. Felt satisfyingly GOOD!

We had maybe 45 min to an hour left before raid ended and decided to go for Windlord. It seems as if he would go down with less attempts than Garalon. But that's another topic of discussion for another time.

That's awesome Equinocs! Grats my man. The next boss is way more fun. Enjoy.

grats on the kill. there are certainly many comps you can use to kill him. on our first kills we just had our tanks in tank spec but with dps gear. without tank spec they get hit pretty hard.