Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalan View Post
    Silence are a terrible plea when you play shaman and now we won't be able to do anything whie we are silenced.

    Even enhancement shaman will now be a valid silence target...

    What's your thoughts about this?
    welcome to how every other caster works , enjoy ;]

  2. #22
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    This is just flat out incorrect. in arena 2200+ holy pally have more representation at 10.2% than resto shaman do at 9%.

    The rest of your comment just prove your bias and butt hurt of some shaman that beat you.
    You are wrong. Go watch any stream and tell me how many holy paladins you see playing vs the amount of resto shamans. Or even better, ask any 2.5k+ rated player how it works. Every multiple rank 1 gladiator will tell you that shamans are currently the best healer. No matter who you ask this will be the answer.
    First of all representation is currently really flawed at the moment because of the mmr bug. Second of all, the only reason you see holy paladins overepresentated in 2.2k+ arena is because 1) there are far, far more players who play paladin than shaman, 2) holy paladin is better for KFC, so most paladins who are high rated are just camping their rating after their comp was nerfed (fixed) to the ground.

    The fact that you just wrote what I quoted makes you look like some stupid player who has absolutely no idea what is going on in PvP, and can't even take a look outside of his own class for a objective discussions.
    Last edited by Funkthepunk; 2012-11-15 at 04:35 PM.

  3. #23
    Mechagnome Sealed Shut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pyro, Ohio
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    You are wrong. Go watch any stream and tell me how many holy paladins you see playing vs the amount of resto shamans. Or even better, ask any 2.5k+ rated player how it works. Every multiple rank 1 gladiator will tell you that shamans are currently the best healer. No matter who you ask this will be the answer.
    First of all representation is currently really flawed at the moment because of the mmr bug. Second of all, the only reason you see holy paladins overepresentated in 2.2k+ arena is because 1) there are far, far more players who play paladin than shaman, 2) holy paladin is better for KFC, so most paladins who are high rated are just camping their rating after their comp was nerfed (fixed) to the ground.

    The fact that you just wrote what I quoted makes you look like some stupid player who has absolutely no idea what is going on in PvP, and can't even take a look outside of his own class for a objective discussions.
    So you start out by telling me
    You are wrong.
    And you end by saying
    the only reason you see holy paladins overepresentated in 2.2k+ arena is
    Which one is it?? i quoted facts, you gave your opinion.

  4. #24
    where did you get this info havent seen any posts

  5. #25
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    23,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    butt hurt of some shaman that beat you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    makes you look like some stupid player
    You're both being a little too hostile. Kindly chill out a bit before I have to get the hose.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    welcome to how every other caster works , enjoy ;]
    Yea, we can't have anything unique in WoW any more, right ? Homogenization is what Ghostcrawler and his b-team are best at, because when everything is the same, their job is much easier.

  7. #27
    Totems are no longer items that you carry in your bags nor a relic. They are something that you now SUMMON, which requires/is considered a spell.

    working as intended as far as I see

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Viled View Post
    Totems are no longer items that you carry in your bags nor a relic. They are something that you now SUMMON, which requires/is considered a spell.

    working as intended as far as I see
    Druids shouldn't be able to shapeshift while silenced then. Changing from human to animal requires more magic than summoning some stick right ?

    Oh and silence should prevent Hunters from doing anything. They no longer carry ammo in their inventory, so clearly they must be using some magic to SUMMON it for their weapons.
    Last edited by Sznur; 2012-11-15 at 06:21 PM.

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    So you start out by telling me
    And you end by saying

    Which one is it?? i quoted facts, you gave your opinion.
    Overrepresentated as in higher representation than actual arena activity.

    And you are a great example of how to misintepretate arena statistics.

    I said resto shamans are currently the best healer. I was right.
    Last edited by Funkthepunk; 2012-11-15 at 06:27 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    Exhibit A: http://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.php...do=showresults

    See the percentage? Watch it grow higher when this hits live
    89 votes out of 12 million subs is quite a compelling argument.

    Im convinced that when youre hired to blizz, you start in the mailroom (mailroom = shaman class dev's) Once you move up the ladder to lead devs (lead = paladin class dev) then you can say to yourself "man, I remember the days of the mailroom"

    Point? go fotm like 90% of the other subs. dont waste your time on a broken class. its not blizz's intended company model.

  11. #31
    Mechagnome Sealed Shut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pyro, Ohio
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Overrepresentated as in higher representation than actual arena activity.

    And you are a great example of how to misintepretate arena statistics.

    I said resto shamans are currently the best healer. I was right
    .
    bolded for OPINION

    the FACT remains that there are more holy pallies than resto shaman when looking at 2200+ arena teams. you can dispute this all you want, but you are only fooling yourself.

  12. #32
    Stood in the Fire shell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    welcome to how every other caster works , enjoy ;]
    This isn't true by the way. Every caster either has an ability that they can use while cc'd or an ability that prevents them from being cc'd.

    Druids have Barkskin, root shift, immunity to hex and poly
    Mages have Blink
    Monks have Dematerialize
    Paladins have Devotion Aura
    Disc can glyph Pain Suppression, Inner Focus/Shadow has Dispersion
    Warlocks have Unending Resolve

    This list is probably incomplete, plus I didn't include talents, but that's a lot of cc protection. I understand the need to nerf resto but this isn't the right way to go about it.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

  13. #33
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    bolded for OPINION

    the FACT remains that there are more holy pallies than resto shaman when looking at 2200+ arena teams. you can dispute this all you want, but you are only fooling yourself.
    Your numbers are still not valid before you exclude the mmr exploiters and pre-stampede hotfix teams. And even then you have to remember that paladins are the most played class at max level.

    I don't have the numbers right now, but before the mmr bug shamans had the highest representation of all the healing classes at 2.2k+. And that is even including all the paladins who ran bugged KFC to 2.2k+.

    I provided an opinion of professional players. You provided useless statistics that doesn't really say a thing.

    I'm still correct, no matter how hard you try to bold your posts.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    welcome to how every other caster works , enjoy ;]
    Druids can break Roots by shifting forms
    Why cant Shaman break Roots by shifting into Ghostwolf?

    And while we are on the topic of Totem vs Spells please explain the following

    Mage Casts Icebarrier [Shield] and proceeds to cast Frost Nova [Root]
    Shaman Casts Stone Bulwark Totem [Shield] and proceeds to cast Earth's Grasp Totem [Root]

    Result? Mage keeps the Icebarrier while Shaman looses the Stone Bulwark

    How about Earth Elemental Totem? If its indeed a "Spell" and not a Totem why does it get "cancelled" when i drop another Earth Totem like SBT or Tremor?

    There is clear distinction between Totem and Spells
    Totem's are unaffected by Silence/Lock Outs while Spells can be stacked without restriction

    U want to remove Silence / Lock out immunity? Make Totems stack together meaning i should be able to use all 4 Earth Totems at the same time

  15. #35
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    welcome to how every other caster works , enjoy ;]
    Ice block, barkskin, bubble, displacer beast, need I go on?

  16. #36
    Mechagnome Sealed Shut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pyro, Ohio
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Your numbers are still not valid before you exclude the mmr exploiters and pre-stampede hotfix teams. And even then you have to remember that paladins are the most played class at max level.

    I don't have the numbers right now, but before the mmr bug shamans had the highest representation of all the healing classes at 2.2k+. And that is even including all the paladins who ran bugged KFC to 2.2k+.

    I provided an opinion of professional players. You provided useless statistics that doesn't really say a thing.

    I'm still correct, no matter how hard you try to bold your posts.
    Actually i bolded your post, not mine. So you want to ignore everything in arena up to recent hotfixes... great, then i'm sure you want to be just as fair and ignore current stats until the nerfs go live and watch the number of shaman plummet. oh, you don't want that? you want us to look at a sample from just the past 1 - 2 weeks?

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    Actually i bolded your post, not mine. So you want to ignore everything in arena up to recent hotfixes... great, then i'm sure you want to be just as fair and ignore current stats until the nerfs go live and watch the number of shaman plummet. oh, you don't want that? you want us to look at a sample from just the past 1 - 2 weeks?
    I don't include bugs in my balance judgement. Stampede damage was a bug. Mmr abuse was a bug. Likewise I wouldn't include the seal bug during 4.3 as a view of ret paladin representation. I dont see anything wrong about this. Neither should you.

  18. #38
    Stood in the Fire shell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    420
    We can argue about representation of resto shamans and whether they're overpowered or not till the cows come home. Resto shamans, resto druids, and holy paladins are all probably too powerful.

    And it's only going to get worse when we get more and more pvp power (plus more intellect and other secondary stats). I myself have 40% and have seen some players with 47%...and this is only the first season. By the end of the expansion we could be seeing people with 60+. If they can make it so that dps healers don't benefit from pvp power I think they should just do it for all healers, period. That way pvp power just increases damage as I don't think these healers need this additional stat to help them out.

    Make Totems stack together meaning i should be able to use all 4 Earth Totems at the same time
    I think this is a good point but considering that they were even thinking about making this change, nevermind implementing it, how much you want to bet that they put all the fire totems in the fire school and all the rest in the nature school. Which is what they did basically, but now they could change it so we can only 'cast'(lol) 1 fire totem and 1 nature totem. So we could cast, for example, searing and healing stream at the same time but not earthgrab and healing stream.

    Sounds dumb, right? But I wouldn't put it past them.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

  19. #39
    Mechagnome Sealed Shut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pyro, Ohio
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I don't include bugs in my balance judgement. Stampede damage was a bug. Mmr abuse was a bug. Likewise I wouldn't include the seal bug during 4.3 as a view of ret paladin representation. I dont see anything wrong about this. Neither should you.
    Seeing that they are NOT resetting the ratings for arena teams, how will you ever have and adequate judgement of representation this season then?

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I provided an opinion of professional players.
    You provided useless statistics that doesn't really say a thing.

    I'm still correct, no matter how hard you try to bold your posts.
    This made me laugh so hard. Reminds me of Republicans in the recent election. "Those damn liberals with their number and math! How dare they go against our gut feelings and opinions".

    Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    We can argue about representation of resto shamans and whether they're overpowered or not till the cows come home. Resto shamans, resto druids, and holy paladins are all probably too powerful.
    Maybe you're right, but healers should be overpowered when compared to DPS specs. That's just the nature of the beast. If a healer can't survive 1v1, then how the hell can they survive 2v1 or keep someone alive 2v1.

    I think it boils down to either 1) Resto Shaman/Resto Druid/Holy Paladins are OP or 2) MW and Disc are up. Personally I believe its (2). They should be bringing these specs more in line with the others.

    Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    And it's only going to get worse when we get more and more pvp power (plus more intellect and other secondary stats). I myself have 40% and have seen some players with 47%...and this is only the first season. By the end of the expansion we could be seeing people with 60+. If they can make it so that dps healers don't benefit from pvp power I think they should just do it for all healers, period. That way pvp power just increases damage as I don't think these healers need this additional stat to help them out.
    Then PvE gear becomes better for PvP (for healers). I really don't want to raid just to keep competitive for PvP. That was the whole reason behind the changes in MoP and I don't see them doing something like this. PvP power is already 50% lower for heals than damage anyways.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •