Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Resto shaman was incredibly OP in the previous patch with having more answers to cc than other healers, and better healing.
    Yeah resto could heal pretty good. But cc wasn't as good as other healers, plus resto didn't have any serious dmg output like other healers do. Along with these resto lacks serious anti-zerg abilities. Totems were the best way to balance this with the other healers, and now that totems will be affected by silence, resto is just a 6 seconds zerg cake.

I am beginning to think your everyday shaman player knows more about shaman balance than your average dev.

1. Make HTT and SLT the only totems unusable while silenced
    2. If healing of certain non-shaman dps hybrid specs perform to well, just give them a baseline healing penality upon choosing their spec (upon going shadow, healing done through holy spells reduced by 25% for example)

other changes needed, imo:
    3. new spell (enh): Spectral Leap (renamed and taken from our Feral Spirits). With this insta gap closer, enhance's mobility issues would be resolved to a big degree
    4. Frost Shock changed to Frost Shear. Now has a 10 second cd (up from 6) and deals no damage, but is off the gcd and has no shared cooldown with shocks anymore
    (maybe remove shared shock cooldowns alltogether, it's not like spamming shocks would be op) => Frost Shear would actually be a nerf for resto, since they dont use fs/es normally
    5. Bake movement speed repression into GW baseline. Resto cannot snared below 90 or 100%, ele/enh cannot snared below 115%
    6. Give CPT 5% of shamans' health and reduce charging down to 3 seconds. The glyph makes it instant (but unthrowable) and reduces duration of the stun to 4 seconds.
    CPT becomes the enh/ele counterpart of SLT and becomes enh/ele exclusive
    7. Give SBT 5% of shamans' health, make the absorb physical and stackable (if you leave it alone, the shield will grow bigger)
    8. SR is now avaiable to ele also (but not resto)
    9. Mabye TS for enh also (but not resto)

There you go. Lots of ways making ele/enh stronger without making resto op, or ways nerfing resto without destroying enh/ele.
    The keyword is spec specific changes.

The above changes would likely be enough to make enh/ele much more enjoyable and competitive. If resto with to many restrictions ended up as to weak, you could always allow it acces to exclusive abilities afterwards.

No need to trash totems blizzard, simply no need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    Sigh. Really wish we would get some reasoning for why this was done
    Spirit Link Totem.

10+ Year Old Account
    welcome to increased skillcap, now you have to learn how to deal with silences/ position better like all other healers had to do , enjoy your stay ^^

Deleted
    totems are no spells, obv.
    placing a totem now requires a spellcast though, and that totally makes sense. after all the shaman can place infinite numbers of totems and obv he doesnt all have 10000000 totems in his backpack.
    also shamans were the best healers in pvp BY FAR, so obv they deserved a nerf.

I do not think the issue is spirit link totem. I believe it revolves more around healing stream totem, and yes it is overpowered. Anytime I would be cc'd during a swap, I would drop healing stream, and sit the cc. I understand that is pretty op, but the fix for this is just dumb. The blanket silence issue is just dumb. No class should be useless during a blanket silence. The change they made to shamans is effectively the same as changing druid root to once again only work "outdoors", and then do the same thing to cyclone. They could have made healing stream totem not useable in arena, honestly that would have been a better solution, or change healing stream to something that can be dispelled, I mean you can already kill totems, it's not that hard.

I guess my fun will be had in playing 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    welcome to increased skillcap, now you have to learn how to deal with silences/ position better like all other healers had to do , enjoy your stay ^^
    Please don't post if you don't understand what we're bitching about. Thanks.

those trolls in this thread really are annoying.
    A rogue telling an enh/ele to not QQ so much is like a formerly rich guy going bankrupt and recently become homeless telling a 3rd world child that hungered for it's entire life to not complain about losing their last crumb of bread.
    Not even talking about the warrior/mage/pali responses here. The interent sure is a convinient place for people to be ***holes towards others for no apparant reason.

On another matter, I really hope blizzard will at least respond to shrinking pay checks, now that long time players are taking my route of protest-quit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    Nothing new: Resto OP > Dps specs suffer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. I've eased off the reins a bit the last few days so you could get it out of your system, but some of you are starting to abuse the leeway.

A quick reminder;

• Posting to call someone else out as a troll,
    • Posting anything deliberately inflammatory, including exaggerating beyond reason to make something look worse than it is, or
    • Flaming other users

are all against the rules. People are starting to skate way too close to the line, so kindly ease off a bit.

Feel free to keep discussing the change, even posting unhappy criticisms of it, but posting stuff like "this is the worstest thing since Hitler went forward in time to cause 9/11" is gonna get slapped, because you're not so much expressing your concerns or trying to discuss the positives/negatives of the change, you're trying to get everyone else upset, and that's "trolling".

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Im not a healer. Fine, Resto was OP. In what world was Enh and Ele even close to being OP? So they nerf 2/3 of the specs to balance one out? How does that make sense?

What ever happpened to doing small changes that can be dialed up rather than a huge change that will cause lots of damage and will no doubt need to be scaled back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sznur View Post
    Druids shouldn't be able to shapeshift while silenced then. Changing from human to animal requires more magic than summoning some stick right ?

Oh and silence should prevent Hunters from doing anything. They no longer carry ammo in their inventory, so clearly they must be using some magic to SUMMON it for their weapons.
    It's the Orlando Bloom effect from LoTR where he neither loads an arrow or pulls a string, yet, the bad guys drop all around him. I don't know if you can silence sloppy special effects.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Totems should be classified under the nature school. If you get locked out by a traditional interrupt you're fucked. If you get blanket silenced you can't cast anything but you can still put totems down.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does it mean by "totems are nature school cept fire totems"? So if I get interrupted in a LB cast then I can't use any totems at all cept fire? IF so then this nerf is even more ridiculous since Shaman are already heavily based on nature school for damage, CC, and heals. They are totally crippling totem use and taking away one of the last remaining advantages of totems which was them being physical and useable while silenced......totems are no longer short/no CD, and alot of the stronger effects are gone like spammable cleansing totem.

Why such a major nerf? Is it really cause of Resto? Where is the compensation? They are taking a signature class mechanic, crippling it and making anything totem related feel inferior to a regular spell with more disadvantages (like range, cd, killable, ect) and almost no advantage over a regular spell.

Why should I be excited to use totems as a Shaman now? I don't see the point of them anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    What does it mean by "totems are nature school cept fire totems"? So if I get interrupted in a LB cast then I can't use any totems at all cept fire? IF so then this nerf is even more ridiculous since Shaman are already heavily based on nature school for damage, CC, and heals. They are totally crippling totem use and taking away one of the last remaining advantages of totems which was them being physical and useable while silenced......totems are no longer short/no CD, and alot of the stronger effects are gone like spammable cleansing totem.

Why such a major nerf? Is it really cause of Resto? Where is the compensation? They are taking a signature class mechanic, crippling it and making anything totem related feel inferior to a regular spell with more disadvantages (like range, cd, killable, ect) and almost no advantage over a regular spell.

Why should I be excited to use totems as a Shaman now? I don't see the point of them anymore...
    Honestly, it has to be because of Resto. Resto's the only spec performing above-average in PvP which would warrant a nerf.

And you bring up a point that I haven't really gone over; why classify all totems as "nature"? Fire, sure, those are separate; they're fire. Earth and Air have both been classified as "Nature", at least where earth isn't Physical instead, but Physical can't be locked out like spell schools. The sticker is Water Totems. There's no Water spell school, but there IS a Frost school. One we do tap occasionally, for things like Frost Shock and Frostbrand Weapon. Water totems are also primarily our healing totems. So the only reason to include them as "nature", while granting Fire its own classification, is to further reduce Resto's ability to heal while Interrupted/Silenced. Primarily for HST, apparently.

As I said a little earlier; in my mind, the big disadvantage of totems has always been that they're killable. Their CDs aren't that far off other class CDs, and the range is both a hindrance and a boon, depending on circumstances, particularly with Totemic Projection; being able to center effects elsewhere other than yourself can be a good thing. But being able to kill totems with an offhand slap, or a caster's wand swing, or any instant cast in the game, that was always a major drawback. One I felt was balanced, because totems were powerful, and needed such a disadvantage, because they couldn't be locked out with Silences.

If you're going to give Totems the same vulnerabilities as regular spells, they should be giving them ONLY those vulnerabilities. Make totems unkillable. I can see the argument for this change, with regards to Resto, but the other two specs need help; if they could drop HST/HTT outside of a lockout and get totally unremovable healing, that would be an interesting shift. It's not broken; plenty of other specs have similar effects.

But both killable and school locked? That seems way too extreme, particularly when Enhancement is only doing somewhat okay in PvP, and Elemental is once again lagging visibly behind most specs. If Resto was the villain, we needed Resto-specific nerfs.

Its ok guys we got hotfixed extra range on SLT LOL

Logical and necessary - at least for Resto. I'm not sure I like Silences being the end-all, be-all they are becoming, though. Spectral Guise was nerfed in almost exactly the same way, making it even WORSE then totems - it's not even worth using, even if talented now.

I think this is a concentrated effort on Blizzard's part to lower the ability of Healers to heal (-15% healing) and deal with CC in general. Why? I have no idea. I'd say they need to reduce the CC in the game before deciding which healers needed to be toned down.

Blizzard also reduced healer damage this very same patch, making it literally impossible to kill another class 1vs 1. - unless you're a druid OR paladin. Ironically, these healers weren't the ones in question.

What is blizzard thinking? I honestly have no clue. These changes make little sense - So I'm gonna go out there and say it's part of a grander scheme, albeit one that was implemented sloppily.

All said and done, it's a really shitty thing to do to Elementals, who were given nothing in return and whose viability is on a shoestring.

PS: It's a really, really good patch if you're a druid or paladin.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2012-11-29 at 08:06 AM. Reason: More to say, have you?

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    Its ok guys we got hotfixed extra range on SLT LOL
    Extra 10 yards on Stormlash. Crisis averted guys.

I saw SLT though and was about to lose my shit cause I thought you meant Spirit Link

Well no idea how it is in pvp as since the totem nerf, I cba doing bg's or arena.
    But I noticed it during zor'lok, no more totem dropping or using UE during the fog silence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post

PS: It's a really, really good patch if you're a druid or paladin.
    Actually its a pretty good patch for Monks as well.