Rated Battlegrounds now share the same spell restrictions as Arenas...wait wat?

So in the updated patch notes, under the PvP heading, there are a few changes.

Arena matches now have a 25 minute time limit (was 45 minutes).
    Rated Battlegrounds now share the same spell restrictions as Arenas.

WHY ...why...why...why.......why

This is gonna be horrible. Why limit the spells usable in RBG. This pretty much eliminates some major spells that some classes rely on. I am no expert (I have one of every class except hunter, warrior, monk) but I see this as a huge inconvenience. Most notably, lay on hands, rebirth (pretty much the game changing spells if used right). If there are others, please let me know, but I see this having a adverse affect.

Why they thought this change was necessary is beyond me. I think its a step in the wrong direction.

PS: IMO the time limit reduction was needed, I had way too many matches hit that point and it felt like a waste. But i think 25 minutes is too short.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2012-11-14 at 09:33 PM. Reason: PS

Deleted
    (pretty much the game changing spells if used right).
    Why they thought this change was necessary is beyond me.
    You kinda answered your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogh View Post
    You kinda answered your own question.
    Kinda, but why give a class a spell then say no you cant use it. I say a game changing spell because if you clutch a LoH, it can definitely change the outcome of the fight, but in a RBG, you are testing players on all abilities. Lay on Hands is a awesome utility, and in arena, I can see why it was taken out, but RBG is a whole different ball game, and shouldnt be difficult to overcome.

Good. TBH, I HATE LoH. As said, that single spell can be so clutch its game changing. Screw that
    Do you like daggers?

Well, if they can restrict engineering, then they can restrict 10+ min cds... (oh wait, no lust???)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be really weird not having bloodlust, but I "guess" this promotes more skillful playing and not just trololol LoH/Rebirth/CheapCooldown. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how it fans out.

Lets imagine during the next PVP seasons, things get just like the past seasons, where top teams were either RLS, MLS or RPM... what then, RBGs will be just the same?? I mean, past seasons paladins and druids could not compete with shamans and priests -utility wise-...

I really like playing WoW, and I'm having a blast this expa, but PVP balance is just pathetic... lets hope these coming PVP seasons things get better in balancing PVP, as this is the "PVP Expansion"

10+ Year Old Account
    good changes , step to balance

so now that army of the dead is not allowed in rated bgs can they do something about skillpede?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

army does like 4 times the dmg of stampede

Arena time limit is 25 minutes? Since when? Wtf... that is so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    are you from the future?
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

No bloodlust?!?!?!

Bring the player, not the class?

10+ Year Old Account
    no infernal/abyssal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Im pretty sure arena time limit is around 1 hour now, few weeks ago i got a draw with a blood dk.

Quote Originally Posted by The unknown secret View Post
    Im pretty sure arena time limit is around 1 hour now, few weeks ago i got a draw with a blood dk.
    Arena matches now have a 25 minute time limit (was 45 minutes).

It was 45minutes.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    Lets imagine during the next PVP seasons, things get just like the past seasons, where top teams were either RLS, MLS or RPM... what then, RBGs will be just the same?? I mean, past seasons paladins and druids could not compete with shamans and priests -utility wise-...

I really like playing WoW, and I'm having a blast this expa, but PVP balance is just pathetic... lets hope these coming PVP seasons things get better in balancing PVP, as this is the "PVP Expansion"
    You mention poor balance, but then you go ahead and call affliction warlocks, rogues and discipline some of the broken specs? Have you even played this season?

Arena matches go for more than 10 minn only in 2v2, and nobody cares about 2v2.

So nobody cares about the extended time.

However the spell restriction in RBG is good. Shit players relying on heroism to burst shit down should not even be playing RBG.

lay on hands should have been inable to use in pvp situations since the start if you aks me.

you ask "why?"! I ask "why so late?"