Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Soloing is 'dead' and yet more alive then ever in 5.1

''Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone.''

So, no more soloing 'the hard way' :/ Not sure if I like it because I was already getting bored on my DK, soloed almost everything available for him, and now it's becoming even easier.

So, for me it's 1 big positive and 1 possible negative, depending on how blizzard will implement it. Your reactions?

EDIT: I might have mis-read it, and the change actually means that previously unsoloable bosses under any cirmustance are now soloable.
    I'll wait for official post to confirm it, reason is there are many 'grey' bosses which aren't unsoloable but killing them solo is alot harder then normally. Such bosses are for example Twin Emps, Gluth and Thaddius, etc... So, once again let's wait for official confirmation.

EDIT(2): Here's a list of bosses that might be fixed in 5.1, sorry for typos in names.
    Original:
    -Blackwing Lair: Razergore
    -Temple of Ahn'qiraji: Viscidus, Twin Emps (I hope not), and C'thun

TBC:
    -Black Temple: High Warlord Naj'entus, Reliquary of Souls
    -Sunwell Plateau: Kalecgos

WotLK:
    -Naxxramas: Gluth, Thaddius (Unlikely)
    -Ulduar: Algalon
    -Icecrown Citadel: Gunship fight, Valithria Dreamwalker

I'm unsure of Cataclysm bosses.
    Last edited by mmoc98b28eb1ac; 2012-11-14 at 10:02 PM. Reason: added bosses

Deleted
    It clearly means fights that had mechanics like kalecgos are now possible for one player.

I think the last sentence is just stating that old content is easier to solo now, and that is why they are making it so you don't need to be in a raid group. Not that they are nerfing old content to make it easily soloable.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see the big deal, the content is no longer relavent, its not like they went and made MV or HoF soloable

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    I dont see the big deal, the content is no longer relavent, its not like they went and made MV or HoF soloable
    You really can't see why people would enjoy pushing their class to the limit by doing 25-player content of past expansions solo? Depending on class, it can be very interesting and fun to work out.
    Try soloing Kael'thas - at least as a level 85, it's very fun and interesting.

As long as this is an OPTION (as in you can tick/untick content scaling to solo), I think it's awesome.

I had no motivation to do any old content once I saw that the gold was nerfed to nothing.

Deleted
    I think they meant things like the Chess Game in Kara which were not really soloable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadhak View Post
    I think they meant things like the Chess Game in Kara which were not really soloable.
    But it was. I did it every week at 80 and 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadhak View Post
    chess are perfectly soloable and were soloable always (well, since wotlk - definitly)

i hope they make 1st boss in bwl soloable too.. still need the damned boots from t2 and can not bother friends with it anymore )
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

They said in some of the blue posts that bosses like Razorgore might be soloable in 5.1 - it's due to the fact that those bosses now drop battle pets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope they mean things like gunship in icc, and the first boss in bt can be soloed would love to see the end of both of them for the first time :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    You really can't see why people would enjoy pushing their class to the limit by doing 25-player content of past expansions solo? Depending on class, it can be very interesting and fun to work out.
    Try soloing Kael'thas - at least as a level 85, it's very fun and interesting.

As long as this is an OPTION (as in you can tick/untick content scaling to solo), I think it's awesome.
    Don't really think it's a matter of scaling as such by what is meant by that comment, but that certain boss mechanics which made soloing difficult if not impossible by most classes would be reworked . There is no need for them to place a flat percentage reduction in boss health/damage to nerf these bosses as new xpacs and gear already does that for them. Think Reliquary of Souls on a priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    i hope they mean things like gunship in icc, and the first boss in bt can be soloed would love to see the end of both of them for the first time :P

Happy for these changes.

I'm actually hoping it means Yogg-saron is less of an arsehole with less targets in the raid to coat with sanity loss mechanics. Though knowing Blizzard they're probably just referring to the bosses like Razorgore that were a chore to solo.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I duno fellas, I only caught the 'no longer need to be in a raid group' part of it. And I suspect the easier is due to lvl and gear.
    If you feel a little bruised that the challenge is not as much, feel free to unequip as much gear as it takes to renew the challenge for you.
    I once new an MT who soloed strath every day, in rings, trinkets, and sword and board.
    He told me it was fun, and good practice.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    I added some bosses in first post that might be fixed, if I missed anything feel free to point out. Also I don't know much about Cata so I'll need someone to write those bosses.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/13/pa...s-made-easier/

here is the link that shows what bosses will be nerfed.

High Warlord Naj'entus from BT, Razorgore from BWL, and Viscidus from AQ. Not sure if they have added to this list but these 3 will be changed for sure.

Deleted
    I hope they will do modifications to some bosses in cata, things like P2 on nef in BWD and similar stuff seems impossible to overcome unless you can burst nef down before onyxia goes off.

Deleted
    I fail to see where soloing is 'dead'.
    They just made Razorgore (which is already soloable, but requires "creative use of game mechanics"), Naj'entus (which is also already soloable -hard but doable) and Viscidus (which is an asbolute pain like no other) easier.

As far as we know, that's all.

(now I'm hoping for Kalecgos to be made soloable. My hunter still hasn't his Thori'Dal...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I fail to see where soloing is 'dead'.
    They just made Razorgore (which is already soloable, but requires "creative use of game mechanics"), Naj'entus (which is also already soloable -hard but doable) and Viscidus (which is an asbolute pain like no other) easier.

As far as we know, that's all.

(now I'm hoping for Kalecgos to be made soloable. My hunter still hasn't his Thori'Dal...)
    I edited original post. I thought bosses all around damage and hp were getting nerfed if something is being soloed.