Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    All of Ulduar is soloable by most classes, also only pet classes can solo algalon.
    Maybe I'm missing something but Thorim just one shot you if you leave the arena. How can I pull him?

K soloing shit on the ptr ive found that

kalecgos is skippable (not sure if that was always the case) ironically i did it on my hunter and won the legendary shame its the ptr though

Razorgore is much easier now did it easy with a pally and iam not the greatest wow player in the world razorgore has alot more health plus his break egg ability is now on a 1.5 sec CD istead of about 6 secs so breaking the eggs is so much quicker

Viscidus i did easily with my dk the amount of hits needed to break his shell has been nerf dramatically so no more haste stacking though you still need to pop army and dw

the twins i struggled with my dk but it was a absolute faceroll for my warrior i will imagine they will still be tricky for classes that have mix magic and physical dps

Naxx was a complete faceroll for my blooddk no boss there was a problem and i went in with heroic blues on

i still feel certain classes will still strugle with certain bosses but it does mean that if you roll the right class for the right boss you will have no problem soloing these bosses and the point of nerfing those bosses was so people could farm them for the pets that they now drop

EDIT* i did this on the ptr about 3 weeks ago its possible that the bosses have been nerfed even more
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2012-11-15 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    ''Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone.''

So, no more soloing 'the hard way' :/ Not sure if I like it because I was already getting bored on my DK, soloed almost everything available for him, and now it's becoming even easier.

So, for me it's 1 big positive and 1 possible negative, depending on how blizzard will implement it. Your reactions?

EDIT: I might have mis-read it, and the change actually means that previously unsoloable bosses under any cirmustance are now soloable.
    I'll wait for official post to confirm it, reason is there are many 'grey' bosses which aren't unsoloable but killing them solo is alot harder then normally. Such bosses are for example Twin Emps, Gluth and Thaddius, etc... So, once again let's wait for official confirmation.

EDIT(2): Here's a list of bosses that might be fixed in 5.1, sorry for typos in names.
    Original:
    -Blackwing Lair: Razergore
    -Temple of Ahn'qiraji: Viscidus, Twin Emps (I hope not), and C'thun

TBC:
    -Black Temple: High Warlord Naj'entus, Reliquary of Souls
    -Sunwell Plateau: Kalecgos

WotLK:
    -Naxxramas: Gluth, Thaddius (Unlikely)
    -Ulduar: Algalon
    -Icecrown Citadel: Gunship fight, Valithria Dreamwalker

I'm unsure of Cataclysm bosses.
    -Blackwing Lair: Razergore - apparently done
    -Temple of Ahn'qiraji: Viscidus, Twin Emps (I hope not), and C'thun - All 3 were soloed.

TBC:
    -Black Temple: High Warlord Naj'entus, Reliquary of Souls - Both have been done
    -Sunwell Plateau: Kalecgos - Impossible afaik

WotLK:
    -Naxxramas: Gluth, Thaddius (Unlikely) - Both have been done, though gluth more or less requires you to be Nelf in 25m.
    -Ulduar: Algalon - Done
    -Icecrown Citadel: Gunship fight, Valithria Dreamwalker - Gunship remains impossible atm, Dreamwalker was done by a DK.

So there is not really any change here.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

''Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone.''

So, no more soloing 'the hard way' :/ Not sure if I like it because I was already getting bored on my DK, soloed almost everything available for him, and now it's becoming even easier.

So, for me it's 1 big positive and 1 possible negative, depending on how blizzard will implement it. Your reactions?

EDIT: I might have mis-read it, and the change actually means that previously unsoloable bosses under any cirmustance are now soloable.
    I'll wait for official post to confirm it, reason is there are many 'grey' bosses which aren't unsoloable but killing them solo is alot harder then normally. Such bosses are for example Twin Emps, Gluth and Thaddius, etc... So, once again let's wait for official confirmation.

EDIT(2): Here's a list of bosses that might be fixed in 5.1, sorry for typos in names.
    Original:

TBC:

WotLK:

Twin Emps was never hard. It was only a DPS check as this is well known
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

This and WG being bumped up to 90 and making 5.1 look amazing. And with it I don't even think I'd care about the brawler's guild bs.

Naxx 25 seemed like a bitch to do on my rogue on PTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    doesnt look like it frolk. all they are doing is changing mechanics on some of the old vanilla and TBC raids that required more then one person to down the boss. Reason is for the new battlepets they are having spawn on some old bosses to tempt people back into those instances.
    Don't think it's just vanilla and bc since alot speculate its to do with the new pet drops, since one drop mr bigglesworth is in naxx.
    Hope they change some of lich ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Don't think it's just vanilla and bc since alot speculate its to do with the new pet drops, since one drop mr bigglesworth is in naxx.
    Technically all of naxx is currently soloable so that wouldnt make much sense.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Mr. Bigglesworth is the reward of the achievement that requires you to collect all the pets dropped by the old bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is nothing but positives. I do not see why it would be a bad thing.

Anyways I say anything from Classic, BC and WotLK should be solo'able. Cata raids, perhaps another few tiers or expansions, even though I would love to solo for the Chromatic Drake.

Soloing C'thun requires exploiting by having both C'thun and Ouro engaged, and took the people that originally a few hours. Didn't know a DK soloed dreamwalker yet though, not sure what group healing they have besides worms and Rune Tap unless the Death Coil glyph shield thing counts as a heal on her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Soloing C'thun requires exploiting by having both C'thun and Ouro engaged, and took the people that originally a few hours. Didn't know a DK soloed dreamwalker yet though, not sure what group healing they have besides worms and Rune Tap unless the Death Coil glyph shield thing counts as a heal on her.
    Mione solo'd Valithria when Gift of the Naaru was bugged and healed something like 30% of the target's health instead of the caster's health (as it is right now). So, only 2xGift of the Naaru was needed (video)

C'Thun and Ouro togheter took about 2-3 hours in Cata. Now, it shouldn't take more than an hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was already able to solo BT as a ret pala prior to 5.1, so I guess all of BC will be soloable as of now. As for Naxx, I can solo most of the boss in 25 man, even though some are a real pain.

But all in all, razorgore stuff is amazing. Can't wait for 5.1!

Deleted

Original:

TBC:

WotLK:

Would be nice if they'd make these bosses soloable. Also Gluth and Thaddius are soloable already (the 10 men raid versions).

I just hope RoS is on that fix list. I had no idea Najentis was tough to solo, I guess I just burned him down before his first spear?

The only fights that I really enjoy solo are ones like Reliquary of Souls.

If Blizzard wants to change Kalecgos, that would be great. But some fights are just hard to solo instead of impossible, and there's nothing wrong with a hard fight.

Doable solo without glitching != nerfed.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    How is that exploiting though? Also for dreamwalker there is an undead npc that DK's can use control undead on, 200k~ flash heals + bubble

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    How is that exploiting though? Also for dreamwalker there is an undead npc that DK's can use control undead on, 200k~ flash heals + bubble
    You need priest or paladin nearby for valkyr to summon the npc so I fail to see how that can be considered a solo.

Deleted
    No, one of the NPC before Valithria's trash can die, and be ressurected as an undead by Sister Svala (or something) and then be mind-controlled by a DK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    No, one of the NPC before Valithria's trash can die, and be ressurected as an undead by Sister Svala (or something) and then be mind-controlled by a DK.
    He runs out of mana after 15ish seconds making him useless past that point.