Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly a dumb question, but are they going to get rid of the 'Raid' requirement for these raid instances so you don't have to group up with someone to beable to enter? I wouldn't mind trying to solo some of these instances for transmog gear, but lately trying to find someone willing to stay in a raid group for me to run though the dungeons has gotten harder. If they got rid of the requirement of having to group it would be easier. Thanks.

Deleted
    Yes, every pre-MOP raid no longer requires raid groups in 5.1

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I fail to see where soloing is 'dead'.
    They just made Razorgore (which is already soloable, but requires "creative use of game mechanics"), Naj'entus (which is also already soloable -hard but doable) and Viscidus (which is an asbolute pain like no other) easier.

As far as we know, that's all.

(now I'm hoping for Kalecgos to be made soloable. My hunter still hasn't his Thori'Dal...)
    I would love to know how Razoregore is soloable on live right now. For science, of course
    Last edited by Zenko; 2012-11-16 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trying to solo razergore on the PTR right now and its still stupid as ever...

Update: Woot, got him on my 3rd attempt. I sat during the first channel for the whole duration, blowing up eggs. After it broke for the first time, I had to keep letting it go after every 5th egg or so to clear up adds. Ended the egg phase with razoregore at 110k hp or so. He dropped his pet, which makes me think the drop rate is kinda high.
    Last edited by Zenko; 2012-11-16 at 06:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Trying to solo razergore on the PTR right now and its still stupid as ever...

Update: Woot, got him on my 3rd attempt. I sat during the first channel for the whole duration, blowing up eggs. After it broke for the first time, I had to keep letting it go after every 5th egg or so to clear up adds. Ended the egg phase with razoregore at 110k hp or so. He dropped his pet, which makes me think the drop rate is kinda high.
    So basiclly, easy as any other boss now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    So basiclly, easy as any other boss now?
    Yah, if you know what to do and when to do it ahead of time

10+ Year Old Account
    this might get me to resub

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    You need priest or paladin nearby for valkyr to summon the npc so I fail to see how that can be considered a solo.
    Nope, the npc im talking about is Captain something, forgot his name. He's an alliance soldier that the valkyr on the way to dreamwalker turns undead.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Nope, the npc im talking about is Captain something, forgot his name. He's an alliance soldier that the valkyr on the way to dreamwalker turns undead.
    Learn to read, I explained it few posts above...

15+ Year Old Account
    What makes Gluth and Thaddius hard for you? They're both piss easy in both 10 and 25 player mode o.o Both on a DK and hunter

Naj'entus is also easily doable at level 90. He does not have time to cast the first bubble before he's down, even when doing it as a tank. DPS spec makes it even more easier.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2012-11-17 at 03:25 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    I suppose that Gluth in 25 player mode is considered hard due to his regen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone tried tried Yogg yet? Just interested if they have changed sanity at all.
    Shadows are cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I suppose that Gluth in 25 player mode is considered hard due to his regen.
    Pretty much, its still a somewhat steep dps check.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Anyone tried tried Yogg yet? Just interested if they have changed sanity at all.
    Dont think they've changed it, however I think it's been done already.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

With transmog being available, this change is incredible. I like being able to just do raids alone without having to find people & potentially losing rolls. Great change, I'm looking forward to solo'ing in 5.1

I want Anub 25 man heroic down, solo'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Yogg was soloed back in T11.

Deleted
    I started to solo Black Temple a few weeks ago and i didn't really have problems with either High Warlord Naj'entus or Reliquary of Souls, i just burst them down as frost dk ( RoS requires some timing though ), the changes for the other bosses are very welcome , can't wait to try Naxx/ICC 25 etc.

Deleted
    i can solo every single boss in Uld 10 and 25 apart from Thorim, and that got right on my tits, so if they make that mechanic negligible then that makes me a happy camper.
    Maybe I'm missing something but Thorim just one shot you if you leave the arena. How can I pull him?
    There's a complex way of getting past the gauntlet, but it requires speed boosts and remote aggro (pets/totems/non-channeled aoe on the ground that lasts a few secs) to work...so only certain classes can do it. There's a vid on youtube somewhere showing it, if you do manage to pull the boss it's straightforward though. (even though you're forced to do hard mode)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Yogg was soloed back in T11.
    I should have elaborated. I know Yogg was soloed, but I'm talking about specific changes pertaining to the encounter on the PTR. If they have nerfed or changed the encounter, it probably means Yogg-0 25man might be soloable by multiple classes/specs(I think Mione mentioned she got pretty close on beta).
    Shadows are cruel.