Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Which one wasnt goal of the year?
    The video link. It wasn't even considered, most amazing backheel ever.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    The video link. It wasn't even considered, most amazing backheel ever.
    ah sorry, for some reason my phone seems to ignore videos on this forum from time to time. Pretty sweet goal indeed. Van der Vaart has a nice back heel one as well.

Funny enough he replaced Ibra in that match

This was the volley from last week btw, compared to the van Basten volley.

from a high ball, outside foot curve, right into the cross. Not too bad neither

10+ Year Old Account
    Taison has a little more room and space to work with, but it's still a cracking volley.

The Van Basten one is special because there's only one possible way he could have it that and got a goal, everything else would have been blocked, missed, saved or hit a psot.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a fan of England, I have to say that goal was just amazing. Watched it several times and disagree that it was pure luck. Mostly skill, with an element of luck, but what doesn't involve luck with sport these days?

Zlatan is the best Swedish player I've had the pleasure watching. No one really compares.

He pretty much got it all, fantastic view of the field and football thinking, all the assists and opening passes he does regularly, some of the stuff I've seen him do over the years is just mad, he got eyes in the back of his head, something that is often overlooked, incredible physic, absolute beast of a man, he's so fucking strong, remember Lescott in the Euros? Not a little guy, Zlatan made him look like a little girl lol... ice cold pen taker, he nails them every time nowdays(something that has improved a lot over the years, used to be shaky on the pen spot), extremly solid goal scorer, good on the head, great technic, pretty fast and explosive, can dribble as good as the best when it wants to.

He has carried team after team after team to league and cup wins. He delievers on a weekly basis and has done so for several years running.

Great captain to btw, Mellberg(was always my fave) was perfect as well, but Zlatan is right up there, always treat the young and new guys in the national team with respect and takes them under his wing, it's a pleasure watching Sana(new guy-Ajax) and him having a laugh for example, and oh yeah, he seems like a pretty great dude off the pitch as well, really no wonder that he and Mellberg are best mates.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-11-15 at 07:26 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Zlatan is the best Swedish player I've had the pleasure watching. No one really compares.
    It's been 5 years and the world's forgotten about the genius that was Larsson?

Henrik was great, such a nice and humble guy as well, but Zlatan is better. Can't think of anything Henrik did better then Zlatan, maybe his opening runs without ball. He was smart that way.
    Thern was great to(esp WC 94), but Zlatan is still better then both of them.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

15+ Year Old Account
    Ibrahimovic has scored some great goals, but he's also notorious for disappearing during big away fixtures.
    During national games yea, he is not really notorius for disappearing from other games. That is a british myth due to poor knowledge.
    Scoring the winning goal in El Classico etc.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 10:39 PM ----------

No but Zlatan has done more. I rate Larsson among the best in swedish fotball history. Zlatan is above him and many argue he is above the famous swedish players back in Italy in the 50/60ies as well.

Id say Larsson was better just because he seemed so much more consistent. The guy was gaurenteed to score, every damn game you needed him too. His technique was great too and he was everything an out and out striker should be.

Honestly last night was probably the very first time Ive watched a game live and been impressed by Zlatan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Id say Larsson was better just because he seemed so much more consistent. The guy was gaurenteed to score, every damn game you needed him too. His technique was great too and he was everything an out and out striker should be.

Honestly last night was probably the very first time Ive watched a game live and been impressed by Zlatan.
    Live? Zlatan is notorius for being "missing" in alot of the games with the national team. Excellent players perform worse when surounded by medicore players that is no surprise.

If you have seen his games in Ajax, Barca, Inter, Milan, you would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post

Zlatan has scored a shit load of goals in almost all clubs he's been in, more goals then Henrik in the national team(and Barcelona as far as I know, and Henrik got 2 seasons with them) to, and Henrik was 36 I think when he quit. Zlatan has scored 38-39 goals now for the national team, in 80-85 caps, and that includes some really important ones to, Italy, Hungary(crazy fucking goal btw, another Zlatan classic, turned on a penny and bombed it up in the corner) etc.

I really, really liked "Henke", but Zlatan is better. Larsson was a fantastic team player, and just an awesome dude in all ways, but individually Zlatan got qualities that Henrik never had.

He's having another great season now in PSG as well.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-11-15 at 11:55 PM.

The best thing about his 4th goal for me was how he read the game. When he saw he wasn't getting to the ball, he backed off. He knew where the other players were to clear the ball and what he had to do to get it in the back of the net. Amazing foresight and athleticism, an incredible goal. My favorite however still is this one...

Probably because that was when i was like 11 and when I could first really appreciate a national competition.

Then you've goals that were set up by impossible solo runs like Maradona or Giggs.
    You mean like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjamen View Post
    You mean like this?
    That's not on the same level. Both Maradona and Giggs started runs in their own half, and just simply outran other players as much as they weaved their way around them. Not to mention the finish on Giggs' strike is an insanely tight angle. Look up Maradona vs England (the not hand of God one) and Giggs vs Arsenal, FA Cup Replay.

During national games yea, he is not really notorius for disappearing from other games. That is a british myth due to poor knowledge.
    Scoring the winning goal in El Classico etc.
    One time, even Steve Mcmanaman managed to do that. You shouldn't be pointing out one odd game, he should be doing it on a constant basis. He reminds me somewhat of Berbatov. But when you look at his history, 26 goals in 96 games for Juventus? Going two entire seasons without goals in European competition despite 17 appearances over both seasons? Ibrahimovic is a talented footballer, but he's somewhat overrated. You look at the absolute top tier of strikers and he's not in them.

juventus was many years ago, we're talking about NOW, and he is definitely top3 NOW, no doubt what so ever

Deleted
    I suppose it ain't hard to make goals when the entire teams strategy is about giving you the ball.

One time, even Steve Mcmanaman managed to do that. You shouldn't be pointing out one odd game, he should be doing it on a constant basis. He reminds me somewhat of Berbatov. But when you look at his history, 26 goals in 96 games for Juventus? Going two entire seasons without goals in European competition despite 17 appearances over both seasons? Ibrahimovic is a talented footballer, but he's somewhat overrated. You look at the absolute top tier of strikers and he's not in them.
    Who's in the top tier? How often do you see him play?

I really can't think of that many that I'd rate higher, there are a couple of obvious ones, but he would certainly be top tier if he played in EPL for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjamen View Post
    juventus was many years ago, we're talking about NOW, and he is definitely top3 NOW, no doubt what so ever
    Really? You think he's third fiddle to Messi and Ronaldo? I'd personally take Van Persie, Neymar or Falcao over him.

I think he's in a tier with the likes of Gomez, Aguero, Huntelaar and Cavani. They're all world class strikers and would start at just about any club, but the above list of 5 are in a league of their own, the top two being another notch up by themselves.

Really? You think he's third fiddle to Messi and Ronaldo? I'd personally take Van Persie, Neymar or Falcao over him.

I think he's in a tier with the likes of Gomez, Aguero, Huntelaar and Cavani. They're all world class strikers and would start at just about any club, but the above list of 5 are in a league of their own, the top two being another notch up by themselves.
    I would never take RVP over Zlatan, he's had what, 2-3 good seasons when he's scored over 20 goals? He's skilled for sure, but way too injury prone, doesn't have anything in perticular that sets him over Zlatan either as far as skills goes, last year was great for RVP, about as good as Zlatan's as far as goals and assists goes. But there is nothing in him that I see as an advantage over Zlatan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    One of the most memorable goals I ever recall seeing. Just the way he lobs it over before hitting the half volley is beautiful.

Speaking of Volleys....

Best thing about this isn't the strike, but watch him before, Rooney is arguing with the referee right up till the point he turns and shoots. I wish he was still that good.