Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What if - Blood Elfs Removed from the Game, High Elfs added to Alliance

If this were to happen, what would you as a player do?

Me? Rejoice.

Blood Elfs imho are one of the most annoying races in the game, and just plain stupid looking (at least the males are, and their dance is atrocious). The only other race that comes close to how annoying the Blood Elfs are, is the Goblins. Plus, theres not a whole lot of lore surrounding the Blood Elfs to begin with.

If the Alliance were to add High Elfs to their faction, I would want to see them "buff" them up so to speak. Make them larger, more brawn, but keep the females petite and dainty. I like me some dainty females if you know what i mean! Would you like to see high elfs added to the Alliance in the next expansion along with Ethereals?

No. If they just decided to remove my characters I'd quit.

Outside of your opinion, there are people who enjoy the blood elves. So instead of ostracize an entire demographic of players, I'd say we're fine as we are.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I could tell from the way the thread title was worded this would be a Jaylock thread.

OT: I don't have a single Belf character so probably nothing.

Jaylock, go home, you're drunk.

I'm guessing you hate the Horde and have never had a Horde character.

You can't ever take away a race. So there is no reason to even discuss it.

Adding High elf with B.Elf being still in the Horde seems silly and redundant.

And we already have enough elves running around either way. Something new please.

Deleted
    you realize blood elfs and high elfs are one and the same except one got green and the other blue eyes.

and no, i wouldnt remove them. if anything make blood elfs more buff since they joined the horde and the horde culture is more "buff" then alliance anyway. so it wouldnt make sense that high elf that join the alliance become bulkier while the blood elfs wouldnt

10+ Year Old Account
    -.- <- me IRL

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of my characters are blood elves, so I'd be pretty annoyed. What would horde get as a replacement? Since High Elves would be added as an Alliance race, horde would have to get a 2nd race added in order to make it even. Seems like a lot of work on blizzard's part to me.

If anything, redo the blood elf model and the dances (which I agree, are the worst in the game imo)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If this were to happen, what would you as a player do?

Me? Rejoice.

Blood Elfs imho are one of the most annoying races in the game, and just plain stupid looking (at least the males are, and their dance is atrocious). The only other race that comes close to how annoying the Blood Elfs are, is the Goblins. Plus, theres not a whole lot of lore surrounding the Blood Elfs to begin with.

If the Alliance were to add High Elfs to their faction, I would want to see them "buff" them up so to speak. Make them larger, more brawn, but keep the females petite and dainty. I like me some dainty females if you know what i mean! Would you like to see high elfs added to the Alliance in the next expansion along with Ethereals?
    Elfs have never been the large built kind as far as i know. So making them with a "human" body would just feel wrong. I would not mind having High elfs as Alliance, but keep their body as they are (but with blue eyes).

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they could just add the High Elves to the Alliance & Ogres to the Horde.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Do you mean with this thread ''blood elves turn back to high elves and rejoin the Alliance''? I don't see them leaving the Horde any time soon, even trough the relationship between the blood elves and orcs isn't that great.

High elves will never be a fully playable race, they are basically just blood elves with lighter skin and blue eyes. I could see them becoming a subrace for blood elves, but not their own race.

if only, but never gonna happen, wouldnt mind a wow that had ye old wc2/3 faction setup. But i guess thats too old fashioned.

Why ask a hypothetical question that is 100% never to happen? I don't even see the point of discussing this. They'll never remove a race from the game, ever.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2012-11-14 at 10:46 PM.

Why not simply propose it to your friend who works at Blizzard and keeps leaking you wrong information ?

One, high elves are blood elves but not fel-touched. They aren't different physically. Two, high elves are even closer to extinction than blood elves are.

It wouldn't work.

Deleted
    Blood Elf male dance is awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    And what race would be compensation for the Horde? You can't just take away a race from one side without adding another one back in return (especially in this case where Ally would get an extra race). Plus, people like the BEs. I don't in particular like Draeneis, especially the male models, but that can't possibly justify their removal because a player doesn't like them.
    Last edited by Mongler; 2012-11-14 at 10:50 PM.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

I'd do nothing, as humans and undead are the only races worth playing pvp-wise.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd only go along with belfs leaving the horde if I could have an Undead pally (chances of this are about the same as belfs leaving the horde) Personally I love my belfs, all of my horde toons except 1 are belfs. I like being able to play horde while still having a semi pretty race.

Being able to make all my toons undead would be very tempting tho. Sylvannas for Warchief, POWER TO THE FORSAKEN !