Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland, U.K
    Posts
    870

    new MMOs being released soon?

    im wondering is there any new mmo's being released soon ? ( within the next few years). im looking for something to replace WoW, since MoP was released it doesnt feel as good to play now ...

  2. #2
    Well there's always new stuff coming out. It depends on what you actually want.

    Another wow?

    Something new? I'm looking for the latter, and - that's right - I'm still looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    1,201
    Well, Elder Scrolls Online is coming down the line mid-late 2013, You also have planetside 2, dust 514, and a couple others coming, if you want a WoW clone, RIFT just released an expansion, and it is actually looking pretty good.
    "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind."
    — Zaheer

  4. #4
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland, U.K
    Posts
    870
    Quote Originally Posted by loudskies View Post
    Well, Elder Scrolls Online is coming down the line mid-late 2013, You also have planetside 2, dust 514, and a couple others coming, if you want a WoW clone, RIFT just released an expansion, and it is actually looking pretty good.
    Dust 514 is for ps3 :S looks like a good game but unfortunally i dont have a ps3 lol, dont like elder scroll games and planetside 2 doesnt look that great ethier .. i guess ill just browse the net for up comming mmos

  5. #5
    Archeage
    Bless
    Wildstar
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Raiderz
    Blade & Soul
    Firefall
    Neverwinter

    All coming soon. They look pretty good.

    Elder Scrolls Online isn't really like the single player games post-TES3.

  6. #6
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    On a Pale Blue Dot
    Posts
    168
    check out tera

  7. #7
    Pit Lord HBpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rockies
    Posts
    2,424
    What about Rift?

    It definitely takes some of the better aspects of WoW and expands on them. Also, they just came out with their newest expansion (I think) which seemed pretty promising.
    Atheist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-equal rights for e...v...e...r...y...o...n...e

  8. #8
    Dreadlord calmsea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Maine, US
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by loudskies View Post
    dust 514
    The fact that Dust 514 has been announced as a PS3 exclusive really pisses me off. To release a game that's a tie-in to a PC MMO on an aged console is inexcusable.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    What about Rift?

    It definitely takes some of the better aspects of WoW and expands on them. Also, they just came out with their newest expansion (I think) which seemed pretty promising.
    Theyve added so much that you can't even call it a WoW clone anymore.

    Leaderboards, Dimensions (Player Housing), Mentoring, Vet. Rewards, 3 Faction Keep Seige PvP, No Factions Outside Said Keep Seige (Okay 98% no factions), Instant Adventures, Onsalughts, Player Weddings...........

    Shall I go on?

    toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

  10. #10
    Pit Lord HBpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rockies
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Theyve added so much that you can't even call it a WoW clone anymore.

    Leaderboards, Dimensions (Player Housing), Mentoring, Vet. Rewards, 3 Faction Keep Seige PvP, No Factions Outside Said Keep Seige (Okay 98% no factions), Instant Adventures, Onsalughts, Player Weddings...........

    Shall I go on?
    You are 100% right.

    (but the word 'clone' wasn't in my statement...for the reason that I don't consider it one.)
    Atheist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-equal rights for e...v...e...r...y...o...n...e

  11. #11
    Dreadlord calmsea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Maine, US
    Posts
    776
    A GOOD sci-fi MMO would be really welcomed by me. Something a little different than just a shooter or a ship simulator. Maybe with a more cyberpunk/Blade Runner type theme, or even something more along the lines of near future, paranormal/government conspiracy type of vibe (think X-Files or Fringe)

  12. #12
    Pit Lord HBpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rockies
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    The fact that Dust 514 has been announced as a PS3 exclusive really pisses me off. To release a game that's a tie-in to a PC MMO on an aged console is inexcusable.
    Same here. I can understand them wanting a piece of that market share...but if they went with PC they could have gotten quite a few players without cannibalizing EVE. Plenty of people out there enjoy FPS PvP and wouldn't touch EVE even if it was F2P.
    Atheist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-equal rights for e...v...e...r...y...o...n...e

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    A GOOD sci-fi MMO would be really welcomed by me. Something a little different than just a shooter or a ship simulator. Maybe with a more cyberpunk/Blade Runner type theme, or even something more along the lines of near future, paranormal/government conspiracy type of vibe (think X-Files or Fringe)
    if you after the paranormal there is the secret world, not sre about the other stuff though non games that i can think of

  14. #14
    Pit Lord HBpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rockies
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    A GOOD sci-fi MMO would be really welcomed by me. Something a little different than just a shooter or a ship simulator. Maybe with a more cyberpunk/Blade Runner type theme, or even something more along the lines of near future, paranormal/government conspiracy type of vibe (think X-Files or Fringe)
    Have you checked out 'The Secret World'? I thought that game was outstanding in several regards especially in regards to story delivery and questing. About as x-files of an MMO as you could ever hope for.
    Atheist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-equal rights for e...v...e...r...y...o...n...e

  15. #15
    Dreadlord calmsea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Maine, US
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Have you checked out 'The Secret World'? I thought that game was outstanding in several regards especially in regards to story delivery and questing. About as x-files of an MMO as you could ever hope for.
    Going to be honest, The Secret World looks retarded. I have no defense for my argument either, it's a just my gut reaction.

  16. #16
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    5,752
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    Going to be honest, The Secret World looks retarded. I have no defense for my argument either, it's a just my gut reaction.
    Sign up for the trial, nothing to lose but some hard drive space. Personally, I love it. It's worth checking out.

  17. #17
    Pit Lord HBpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rockies
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    Going to be honest, The Secret World looks retarded. I have no defense for my argument either, it's a just my gut reaction.
    So baseless disqualification of something you were actually ASKING for.

    No worries, but you shouldn't go around asking for something and then offer no qualifying or supporting statements beyond 'looks retarded' as a rebuttal. That model of thinking is something my three year old does. Everyone has preferences but we'll at least go through the two minutes of trouble to qualify our statements of 'likes' and 'dislikes'.
    Atheist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-equal rights for e...v...e...r...y...o...n...e

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral Throren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,016
    Neverwinter Online looks fun

    hmm...what else...

    Dragon Prophet

    ..and project Theralon (given we dont know really anything 'bout it yet)

  19. #19
    rift is really great. they got a free trail till lvl 20. and you could buy the game+exp+30 day sub for only 35 euro on there site. or 45 if you want the digital delux.

  20. #20
    Elemental Lord Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,055
    Planetside 2 is the only one I'm looking forward too, it actually is doing something new (or rather something that hasn't been done in a long time).
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •