Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Neverwinter. It's D&D and Forgotten Realms. What more do you want?

(In before people say AD&D instead of D&D 4th edition - I agree but that can't happen regardless)

Deleted
    I'm pretty happy with wow currently but i'm always keeping an eye out for other games.

I don't think we need any more of this type of mmo though really. We have plenty of mmo's now which do the 'wow' kind of thing. I would really like to see someone produce something quite different but sill with the mmo feel too it. I really like the sense of adventure and going round making yourself better in different areas etc and i'm hoping these features can be put into something new and fresh.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still hoping Dark Millenium ever gets released, but I think THQ is having some financial problems.

Deleted
    if i was you i would check wildstar out, on youtube. It has a very cool gameplay and the grapfic looks very beuatyful + its bit spacey (like you wanted?)
    Tera is also a way to look, specialy if you want to relax playing with a controller (keyboard and mouse can be used too)
    I hope you find what you are looking for - never the less, havent seen the game beat WoW in the long run yet ;-)

Please dont hit on me for bad spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    So baseless disqualification of something you were actually ASKING for.

No worries, but you shouldn't go around asking for something and then offer no qualifying or supporting statements beyond 'looks retarded' as a rebuttal. That model of thinking is something my three year old does. Everyone has preferences but we'll at least go through the two minutes of trouble to qualify our statements of 'likes' and 'dislikes'.
    Whoa, whoa gold on the buddy. Its just a game, and you seem yo be taking my disinterest in it a bit personally.

I hate the art style and the animations. I also have no interest in the current popular idea of what the Illuminati is. Is that reason enough for you? For me, that boils down to"looks retarded". Was I being a bit broad? Probably, but unless you're a paid promoter, what do you care?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very curious as to how Wildstar plays. I've seen a fair share of videos already, but I still hope on a Beta invite
    Also Project Copernicus ... please ... someone buy the damn thing and finish it :'(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm still hoping Dark Millenium ever gets released, but I think THQ is having some financial problems.
    I was really looking forward to Dark Millenium Online too. But it's no longer in development as an MMO.

Final Fantasy XIV

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    The fact that Dust 514 has been announced as a PS3 exclusive really pisses me off. To release a game that's a tie-in to a PC MMO on an aged console is inexcusable.
    OMG can't agree harder.

Dust 514 needs to be for pc as well.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Easy on the personal squabbles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is in alpha, with beta starting next month. It looks amazing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seen some video on youtube about Elder Scrolls Online and so far am liking what I am seeing. At first was a bit skeptical but if Bethesda can pull this off and not screw it up I think Elder Scrolls Online will be awesome. What with no class pigeon holed into a specific role looks to be a good idea and with armor customization and what not this could be a very good mmorpg.

And when you hit 50 they are planning what looks to be good end game, seeing this vid will give an idea of what they are up to and planning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEipFtHw7o
    Last edited by grexly75; 2012-11-15 at 03:17 PM.

Deleted
    You should definitely take a read on Elder Scrolls Online, my sig probably gives away the fact that I'm excited about it but the above video gives a good overview of it.

Everquest Next I'm following but that could be a while.

You are 100% right.

(but the word 'clone' wasn't in my statement...for the reason that I don't consider it one.)
    Sorry, I swear I read clone in your statement. It was either you or Freddie Mercury in your sig....

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    I hate the art style and the animations. I also have no interest in the current popular idea of what the Illuminati is.
    I can't even begin to tell you how much better that is than 'looks retarded'. I hope you can see it too. The only issue I had was how you chose to respond to me after I read your post and attempted to come up with an answer that might help you out. Everyone has preferences and there are games put out all the time I have zero interest because of the reasons you just stated.

I hope you find the game you are looking for. I know plenty of people out there are looking for something similar to what you are. I actually don't play TSW because I've found a sci-fi MMO I am head over heels about...I just didn't recommend it because it sounded like less of what you were looking for (its a shooter). Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually don't play TSW because I've found a sci-fi MMO I am head over heels about...I just didn't recommend it because it sounded like less of what you were looking for (its a shooter)
    What one is it (just out of curiosity)?

There are a lot of good ones out already. Try out them while you wait maybe one of them is for you. I would personally try out SWTOR (Since it went f2p), and PS2 and GW2 out.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    There are a lot of good ones out already. Try out them while you wait maybe one of them is for you. I would personally try out SWTOR (Since it went f2p), and PS2 and GW2 out.
    ive played tor since it was released ( on and off ), i enjoyed it but wasnt enough content to keep players intrested even bought the CE because i thought it would be a game to beat wow, guess i was wrong lol. as for gw2 played it since september and got a few 80s and i found it rather dull at the end game. was wanting to test out B&S but from what ive seen its only on korean beta atm with no word of a EU beta yet
    Last edited by Wipeout; 2012-11-20 at 12:28 AM.

I think the age of the MMORPG is a little bit over.

Certainly the age of the single server MMO.

Too much published with not enough quality control.

The next huge step forward will come from Titan with cross server play all over the place, but that's at least 3 to 4 years a way.

In the meantime it will all be about shooters and fun fast play on line games with PvP (dota clones, perhaps D3 pvp).

People need a break from MMO's if they played them for 6 years or longer.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 01:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    You should definitely take a read on Elder Scrolls Online, my sig probably gives away the fact that I'm excited about it but the above video gives a good overview of it.

Everquest Next I'm following but that could be a while.
    ES On line can only fail OR they would need to include an incredible engine to support the graphics (which it will not have). Also seamless phasing would need to be included and Bioware does not have that technology...

EQ Next could be something, but the last project that was called "next step design" was Tabula Rasa from THE maker of Ultima On lIne. i think it lasted 6 months before being closed...

Nah the next MMO with new cross server open world technology can only come from Blizzard (and the only ones with the MUCH needed funding).

TO some a pity that the most gamish game maker is the only one that can make a real next generation MMO.

But perhaps most of us will be dead by the time they'll publish it.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I think the age of the MMORPG is a little bit over.

Certainly the age of the single server MMO.

Too much published with not enough quality control.

The next huge step forward will come from Titan with cross server play all over the place, but that's at least 3 to 4 years a way.

In the meantime it will all be about shooters and fun fast play on line games with PvP (dota clones, perhaps D3 pvp).

People need a break from MMO's if they played them for 6 years or longer.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 01:38 AM ----------

ES On line can only fail OR they would need to include an incredible engine to support the graphics (which it will not have). Also seamless phasing would need to be included and Bioware does not have that technology...

EQ Next could be something, but the last project that was called "next step design" was Tabula Rasa from THE maker of Ultima On lIne. i think it lasted 6 months before being closed...

Nah the next MMO with new cross server open world technology can only come from Blizzard (and the only ones with the MUCH needed funding).

TO some a pity that the most gamish game maker is the only one that can make a real next generation MMO.

But perhaps most of us will be dead by the time they'll publish it.
    LOL do you have a time machine or some sort of magic crystal ball? Have you even looked at the game? It looks amazing, the team involved seems to care about the product and If im not mistaken Bioware have nothing to do with Elder scrolls on line. It's being created by a subdivision of Bethesda
    Last edited by Madmajix; 2012-11-20 at 12:52 AM.