So did this GM ignore my ticket?

Okay I basically opened up a ticket about someone botting on our server for farming herb/ore. The part I do not get is what the GM said right here: "Because this feature is out, the Game Master staff is unable to assist with any harassment in-game currently". So does this mean they said "tough luck on the person bottin, we are going to let this person continue, or they are going to take care of it and ban this person"?

Here is the whole message:

MyName@Server

Reporting a bot...NAME(funny spelling) of Server and guild was using a bot to farm herb/ore. Clear a bot because it started auto following me even when I jumped off a cliff so did it. Cmon blizz get rid of these frikin BOTS!!!!

#1 12 hours ago

Customer Service Representative

Greetings Name,First off, thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding your issue with an abusive situation. The information you were able to provide was exactly what I needed to get this taken care of - awesome work!While I understand this is a major situation. But anytime any sort of harassment/name/cheating violates our policy or you feel may violate our policies set in place. The only thing that can be done is to right click and report for naming/harassment/cheating depending on the situation.

Because this feature is out, the Game Master staff is unable to assist with any harassment in-game currently.

Once this is resolved, go ahead and click 'Message Read' to close the petition. Or if you have any other concerns, please feel free to hit ?Need More Help? and we will get back with you right away.

*Pro-tip* If you'd like to be able to view this information without having to login, you can do this simply by going to http://us.battle.net. Login and click on "Support" then clicking on "Your Support Tickets". Did you also know we have a youtube channel? Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/blizzardtutorial, and our Twitter feed at @Warcraft and the Customer Support one is @BlizzardCS. Gives updates on the actual ETA for tickets too!

Regards,Game Master ************ Customer ServicesBlizzard Entertainmentwww.blizzard.com/support
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2012-11-14 at 11:28 PM.

What he is saying is that you can't open a ticket for this anymore. You right click the portrait and report them, that is all.

Sounds like he dealt with something, though. It kind of sends two messages.

I worked for Blizzard for a long time and actually started out as a GM, the ticket response you made would be made up of copy and paste responses from a long list of pre made mails. The US office is probably the worst for their service with the EU being far superior but 80 % of the time responses to this kind of ticket will be either instantly auto replied to from the CS tools or simply a pre made response pasted and sent to you.

With thousands and thousands of tickets made every day and a lot of them spam and Botting ones you will be lucky to find a GM that cares enough to properly reply with the policy we would follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your ticket annoyed the shit out of me just reading it, i cant imagine reading hundreds like this per day, poor GM. Yeah i woulda given you a premade answer too.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all putting the players name and guild is against the rules of this forum. Secondly it means there's nothing he can tell you about it. Writing a ticket is pointless when you can just use the feature he mentioned. The reason he says he can't help you is that there's nothing he can do about or any more information he can give beyond saying they will investigate.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-11-14 at 11:24 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I encountered an herb/ore collecting bot in four winds. I reported her. Two days later, she was still there. At that point, I submitted a ticket, letting them know that I had reported her two days earlier. The GM took care of it, although they indicated that they couldn't disclose what the final result would be, simply due to privacy concerns. That being said, the bot was around for another couple of hours and I haven't seen her since.

Thanks for responses..seems like alot people have no idea what this GM is talking either. While I admit my ticket was not the best in a Full sentence I guess the response I got was just about as bad. Yeah looks like a copy and paste job. Real good customer service Blizz. It annoys me also because these are the bot that kill the economy.

My bad on dudes name and guild..will fix that
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2012-11-14 at 11:13 PM.

Things not to do in a GM Ticket:

Use of profanity or slang: "Frikin" in this case.
    -This is unnecessary. As someone who's worked "Behind the counter" it isn't going to help.

Extraneous, unneeded information: "Cmon blizz, get rid of these frikin BOTS!"
    -This adds nothing to your petition.

Lack of "Required information": No Date, Time, Place. Putting these in the ticket saves a GM from having to manually look them up. "At approximately 5pm, I noticed player X botting in Valley of the 4 winds, today."

Also, as others have said, reporting the player for "cheating" using the dropdown is appropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because auto-following = Botting.

They do actually have to find enough evidence to ban a player, not just another players assumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post
    Because auto-following = Botting.

They do actually have to find enough evidence to ban a player, not just another players assumption.
    Trust me it was a bot. When I went to mine a ore it tried to mine the ore. Then it failed to mount like 2 times in a row. I ran across the ridge and it followed me. It was a bot. I know I was there..you were not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Thanks for responses..seems like alot people have no idea what this GM is talking either. While I admit my ticket was not the best in a Full sentence I guess the response I got was just about as bad. Yeah looks like a copy and paste job. Real good customer service Blizz. It annoys me also because these are the bot that kill the economy.

My bad on dudes name and guild..will fix that
    There was nothing wrong with his response at all. He told you exactly what to do next time and pointed out that there is nothing he can do or say at the moment to help you.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but you don't know it was a bot.

You can assume, but you don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

I opened a ticket yesterday (reporting the harassment of another player, it was pretty bad) and I get a response within minutes "Sorry we didn't catch you while you were online" with some generic bullshit. Sadly, GMs ignore tickets all the time (though your case he was telling you there is a different way to report bots). Just gotta keep going till you get one who understands how to do their job.

His response states that he dealt with the situation (which doesn't perse means that he banned the player, but that he looked into it!), that he can't give you an update on how he dealt with it for privacy reasons. Besides that he asks you if you can use the "report player" feature the next time you come across a BOT.

Besides that I like to add that you might want to cut down on the informalities and slang. You'll find that people are more likely to listen to you when write/ask things in a polite manner. Besides that, always try to be as detailed as possible when writing a ticket. Makes the GM's job easier and increases the effectiveness of your ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    I opened a ticket yesterday (reporting the harassment of another player, it was pretty bad) and I get a response within minutes "Sorry we didn't catch you while you were online" with some generic bullshit. Sadly, GMs ignore tickets all the time (though your case he was telling you there is a different way to report bots). Just gotta keep going till you get one who understands how to do their job.
    Well reason I made this post because the GM response was crap and was going to re-open the ticket, especially on some failtard and botting, which I hate. I did also click on his potrait and did the report "cheating". Again all I care about is that this person is banned for botting.

has anyone else seen this lvl 85 bots on resurrection sickness Flying in pandaria gathering nodes/herbs? I'm amazed by the fact that they can fly (with a hack or somenthing) and we normal players cant

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Thanks for responses..seems like alot people have no idea what this GM is talking either.
    Umm are you even reading the replies? Not to be rude but almost every one else in this thread except you seems to be perfectly aware that:

1)The GM is not able to tell you anything regarding how the situation was handled as this involves releasing player information to someone else
    2)That the GM told you in the future not to use the ticket feature and instead use the report player function as sending a ticket for this is obsolete
    3)He has sent your report through to the proper channels to have it handled however it gets handled but it's out of his hands now.

Also ya it's a copy and paste 95% of customer service is copy and paste there is honestly no point in coming up with a new way of saying something you (or others in your department) have said a dozen times already that day alone. As long as the customer service rep is capable of copying and pasting the right message (which he was) or able to pass it to his/her superior if they need a less text book answer then they have done their job which this GM has so stop bashing him.

Quote Originally Posted by rakall View Post
    has anyone else seen this lvl 85 bots on resurrection sickness Flying in pandaria gathering nodes/herbs? I'm amazed by the fact that they can fly (with a hack or somenthing) and we normal players cant
    Well I mean technically you're just as capable of using a speedhack the difference is the bots don't care about breaking the TOS as they already are in one regard anyways.