Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Know your role achievement

So I’m an achievement hunter, just slightly above 17K achie points. (Mangles – Caelestrasz).

I’ve been trying for the achievement: Know your Role now for weeks. I just need Spirit Dust and Cheng Bo to get the achievement. However, every time I actually get Spirit Dust done correctly and ticked off on the achievement listing, the next day it’s un-ticked again….

Then for Cheng Bo, every time I get the quest and kill him without taking damage, the achievement doesn’t recognise this. Why are these Shado Pan daily’s/achievements so god damn buggy?

Note: I also make sure I dismount and that my companion is also dismounted before handing in quests.

Surely there should have been a hotfix by now to fix this sloppy crap.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard that in order to get Cheng Bo's requirment you need to complete both quests before him without taking any damage as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I've heard that in order to get Cheng Bo's requirment you need to complete both quests before him without taking any damage as well.
    Yep, to get Uruk or Cheng Bo to register, you mustn't have taken any damage while on the Shado-Pan quests for the day.

My friend and I tested some stuff on that achievement because we knew there were bugs (like Spirit Dust unregistering continuously >_<).

So one day, I got to take no damage during the first 4 quests. Then we figured we'd make sure I'd get Uruk checked and made it so I got the first hit on him, just to be on the safe side of things.

The next time that quest hub was active, I did the work and my friend didn't get any dmg. Because the boss that I was still missing was up, we got a friend to pull away the adds safely, so I could tag the mob, again just to be on the safe side. My friend did some damage to the mob later on.

The result was: I didn't get credit for that mob even though I had had the first hit and I hadn't taken any damage during that fight. My friend, however, did get credit for that mob.

Conclusion: You don't need to be the first person to hit the quest mob (though most likely, someone in your party has to have the first hit). And in order for the 'boss' mob to register in your achievement, you mustn't have taken ANY damage at all while on your Shado-Pan dailies for that day.

Deleted
    The above post is correct. That's how it was for me as well.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only miss Uruk! and so to say Spirit Dust. It's really annoying sometimes. :/
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

10+ Year Old Account
    Just be sure to do the following and you are ok.

1) Keep Spirit Dust for last since it will be unregister otherwise.

2) Don't take damage on the 2 pre-quests (The Enemy of My Enemy... Is Still My Enemy! and Assault Fire Camp Gai-Cho)
    If you taker any damage just abandon and take them again.
    Damage done to you in quests other than the above two, like Spirit Dust for example, does not affect the achievement.

3) Fly at Cheng Bo spot and either wait for someone else to start attacking him or bring a friend and just hit him once and run away or just stand on top of the rock and dps.
    -You don't have to be the first person to tag it you just need to register a single hit on him.
    -You don't have to be in any kind of group

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    you mustn't have taken ANY damage at all while on your Shado-Pan dailies for that day.
    I can confirm that this is false.
    You only need not to get damage on the pre-quests.

If you want to be sure just get the 2 pre-quests and skip any other, complete them get the ach step and move on with the other after.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-11-15 at 09:45 AM.

I've taken damage on Cheng-Bo, abandoned the quest, picked it up from the garrison again and gotten achievement credit for it. I didn't take damage on the two pre-quests, though, since I was also going for Assault Fire-Camp Gai-Cho that day.

Deleted
    What is more frustrating than doing this without taking damage is actually having the right quests... I think i never got the Uruk quest :|

whats more furstrating is taking fall dmg right before you dismount near the q giver and then, of course, failing the buggy achivment which clearly doesn't include fall dmg in it

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to disagree with most of you in this thread.

Story time:

I was stuck on this achievement for a while. I needed spirit dust and Uruk! but for the longest time both quests would not be up at the same time. I would get credit for spirit dust and then the next day Uruk! would be up and I would look at my achievement only to see that spirit dust was back to being grayed out.

Finally they both appeared on the same day. So I used the trick that I had learned for the Spirit Dust achievement. Grab the quests. Go to the spirit dust area and start killing the guys you need for the other quest in that area DO NOT LOOT anything. Once you have the other quest in the spirit dust area finished and you have a bunch of the ghosts dead fly back to the quest giver. Abandon spirit dust and pick it up again then turn in the other quest. Fly back and loot all the mobs till you have enough dust to cleanse the rib cages or what ever they are.

The Uruk! quest popped for me at this point and I did him without taking damage and got the achievement.

I for sure took damage on the second quest in the spirit dust area and it did not stop me from getting the achievement.

Spirit dust keeps bugging out and that annoys me, but i got both Cheng-Bo and Uruk without dealing any damage to them, my friends did all the quests while i was hovering. Missing Spirit Dust and the Cipher one, never gotten that. Guessing if i deliver Spirit Dust and the Cipher one at the same time i'll get achievment before it bugs out.

Really dissapointed that Blizz hasn't fixed something so little, even after almost 2 months now.

Deleted
    You need to complete Spirit Dust at last, as it unchecks the next day.

Yep, to get Uruk or Cheng Bo to register, you mustn't have taken any damage while on the Shado-Pan quests for the day.

My friend and I tested some stuff on that achievement because we knew there were bugs (like Spirit Dust unregistering continuously >_<).

So one day, I got to take no damage during the first 4 quests. Then we figured we'd make sure I'd get Uruk checked and made it so I got the first hit on him, just to be on the safe side of things.

The next time that quest hub was active, I did the work and my friend didn't get any dmg. Because the boss that I was still missing was up, we got a friend to pull away the adds safely, so I could tag the mob, again just to be on the safe side. My friend did some damage to the mob later on.

The result was: I didn't get credit for that mob even though I had had the first hit and I hadn't taken any damage during that fight. My friend, however, did get credit for that mob.

Conclusion: You don't need to be the first person to hit the quest mob (though most likely, someone in your party has to have the first hit). And in order for the 'boss' mob to register in your achievement, you mustn't have taken ANY damage at all while on your Shado-Pan dailies for that day.
    Absolutely false.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have done dailies where I took massive damage, but still got credit for Cheng Bo (didn't take damage on him), so it's completely false..
    I have, however, also done ALL dailies without taking any damage, and still miss achievement for Uruk.. That guys is seriously bugged.. Have done him 4-5 times without damage so far..

I have also tried Uruk, abandone the quest, because I took damage, and when I wanted to get the quest again, I got "Enemy of my enemy" quest, which led to Cheng Bo quest.. This means I got to do an extra daily, but not the end-quest I wanted..

VERY BUGGY!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I have done dailies where I took massive damage, but still got credit for Cheng Bo (didn't take damage on him), so it's completely false..
    Never worked like that for me, and I had tried it several times like that.

Finally got everything by having friends do all the work and me not getting damaged on the two quests preceding the mob that was up for the day (I checked beforehand which one of the two sets was needed).

10+ Year Old Account
    Spirit Dust is also bugged..

I complete it every time it's available, and it's ticked off in KYR.. But, the next day, as soon as I hand in, the first Shado-Pan daily, Spirit Dust becomes un-completed in KYR.. That have happened 5 times now..

Finally got everything by having friends do all the work and me not getting damaged on the two quests preceding the mob that was up for the day (I checked beforehand which one of the two sets was needed).
    This is exactly what I did for at least 5 of them. Seeing as my off spec is Enhancement, it's a little hard not to take damage on most of these. As a warning, ALWAYS save Spirit Dust for last.

Only spirit dust is buggy, so just do it last. As people have said, for Cheng Bo, you can't take any damage for the beginning two quests also. This means to 2 pre quests before Cheng Bo for example. The others don't matter. The easiest way to do this is to use the oil barrels you collect and throw them on the mobs, it one shots them. When you've killed all the mobs you need, do the bombing quest and you'll get the Cheng Bo quest pop up. Then just wait by the hill next to the hut where him and the adds are, wait for someone to come a long, tag it once to get credit and run away to make sure you don't get hit. After, just hand in the quest and you're done. Easy.

Some of you might say it's false, but from what I've read on Wowhead it seems accurate. And for me anyways, I took damage and didn't get credit, so the next time I had to do it, I didn't take any damage and got credit. Who knows. Worked for me and for many people as well. But it can be buggy, so who knows.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2012-11-28 at 10:19 AM.

Deleted
    This is just a stupid achievement because as a melee the only way to do it is to have a friend just do the quests for you while you fly around.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    After seeing people complain about this, I just got a friend with a tank character to do all the quests while I sat hovering in the air above, close enough to get credit. Made it really easy.