No Mistweavers to talk to on my server, have some questions.

Yeah sounds weird eh? I'm the ONLY one that's raiding 25 man + the only one on the server that raids that actually wants to theory craft. /foreveralone.

So I have some questions. It's been bugging me and in raids I'm trying to figure out wtf is going on.

1. Renewing Mist feels slow and I don't feel like I can uplift enough people/people to stay alive. Sounds weird, but that's how I just feel.
    2. WTF can I use Zen Meditation on exactly? We've tried it on multiple occasions and it feels like it's NEVER working.
    3. Mana. I feel like it's gone a lot of the time. Hurr?

Idk. I guess I'm not really seeking the "please god I'm a bad healer" help. Just more of the "I want to improve more, but I feel like I'm missing something".

My monk's name is Quicktuxedo. I'm the only monk in our raids. I can't link our logs because I haven't posted enough. T_T

1) Renewing Mists can be slow to spread sometimes. Sometimes it does all 3 in 2 seconds, other times it takes 5 or 6 seconds, you kind of have to go with it. I recommend RenewingMistsWatcher if you don't have an addon specifically keeping track of the number of targets it's on. Monitoring the shortest duration left also helps maximize Thunder Brew Tea Uplifts and lets you know how long you have left to Uplift before they start falling off.

2) Zen Meditation's exact usages are still a work in progress. It's hard to tell exactly what is being redirected at any given time, if anything. Trial and error is really the only way to figure it out, but it doesn't seem to work on most mechanics.

3) If you're running out of mana in 25 mans, you're likely just pressing too many buttons. You should have around 10k effective Spirit (that's if you average out trinket procs for a number of effective Spirit, such as Relic of Chi Ji being worth around 1,000 based on its 3k Proc with a 30% uptime), and most if not all of your gems should be Spirit. Once at that level, it's a matter of knowing what you can actually afford to use. Surging Mists is almost always a no-no, Renewing should be used almost always on cooldown, SCK/SCK/Chi Burst for extra raid healing when clumped up, Jab/Jab/Uplift when spread out. At any given time with tons of damage coming up, don't waste your mana, instead you should carefully plan your TBT and RMs to get 15+ targets covered, use Soothing to bank Chi, then Uplift/Uplift/Chi Brew/Uplift/Uplift for massive raid healing in a 4 second window. Soothing whenever you don't have anything better to do until 4 Chi, at which point you can either save it for something important in the next 5 seconds or use it for tank or raid heals and keep Soothing for more Chi. Use Glyphed Mana Tea whenever you have a free GCD and have any number of stacks up (even one if you don't particularly need the GCD at that moment). This should allow you to outlast and outheal every other healer in the game in 25 mans on almost every single fight.

1. Yeah tracking it isn't a problem, just feels sluggish some times. I guess that's what blizz means by "fixing response time"

2. I wish, this was a more effective raid CD. It sucks as it stands atm for healing.

3. I guess maybe? Idk. I'm not in any way poorly geared (490 item level), but we were having a lot of healing management issues the first few weeks, and it seems to be clearing up now. I use Chi every chance I get, and I'm using Mana Tea when I need it, just I feel like on fights like Garalon, that my mana bar is just hovering at 5%. Hard for you guys to see what I'm exactly doing when I can't link anything lol.

We're 6/6 HOF normal and 2/6 Moshu Heroic, about to go into Terrace. Just I guess I'm focusing too much on what the world first parses are and trying to figure them out instead of really just ignoring it. I'm one of those "Looks for ways to improve one self constantly" people.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 and 3 were already answered in great detail, so I will answer 2.

Zen Meditation only works on spell damage...the problem is most bosses we encounter do physical damage.I guarantee there will be a boss where this comes in handy at some point this x-pac.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use ZM for myself almost exclusively, it's good for things like shek'zeers dissonance fields, feng's epicenter, etc. I stop using it right as soon as the damage is dealt and don't sit in it so I can get right back into healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyse View Post
    1. Yeah tracking it isn't a problem, just feels sluggish some times. I guess that's what blizz means by "fixing response time"

2. I wish, this was a more effective raid CD. It sucks as it stands atm for healing.

3. I guess maybe? Idk. I'm not in any way poorly geared (490 item level), but we were having a lot of healing management issues the first few weeks, and it seems to be clearing up now. I use Chi every chance I get, and I'm using Mana Tea when I need it, just I feel like on fights like Garalon, that my mana bar is just hovering at 5%. Hard for you guys to see what I'm exactly doing when I can't link anything lol.

We're 6/6 HOF normal and 2/6 Moshu Heroic, about to go into Terrace. Just I guess I'm focusing too much on what the world first parses are and trying to figure them out instead of really just ignoring it. I'm one of those "Looks for ways to improve one self constantly" people.
    I'm going to answer 3, because I disagree with the other answers.

First off, jab > soothing mist for chi gen both in terms of time/chi and mana/chi. Only next patch should you bank chi via soothing mist.
    Second, most of his advice was solid, except that I don't agree with gemming spirit. If you have 8000 spirit you should be perfectly fine on mana regen. I prefer to gem intellect, and matching sockets via int/crit and int/spi gems. (I personally run with 7300 in 25H raids.)
    Third off, I'm totally jelly, I only have 488 ilvl and my raids further progressed...</3 gear drops.
    Fourth, world first parses are HIGHLY "subjective". I switched guilds recently and in my first guild I used to get top 1-5 parses at the time of parse, rather often. Now I am lucky to get top 10-15 MW. Depending on your raid setup, healer comp, fight strat, etc, your healing will be wildly different than "world first parses". I say that as someone who has experience with that difference. Some fights its still a valid comparison, and some fights you can still edit your healing priority based on what they use (I often try to see if they're doing something different), but the raw HPS value isn't a good comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    1 and 3 were already answered in great detail, so I will answer 2.

Zen Meditation only works on spell damage...the problem is most bosses we encounter do physical damage.I guarantee there will be a boss where this comes in handy at some point this x-pac.
    More detail on 2:

Zen Meditation only works on things that Grounding Totem works on, which there are basically none of in raids.

Yeah on fights like Feng and Wind I do Jab (because we can't be targeted by the range crap :P )

Idk. I'm top healing on 99% of our fights (with exception to when I'm either not paying attention because it's normal mode and we're just speeding through things or a death retard death). I guess I'm just overthinking things. I hit 160 rank on NM Grand Empress, and we were running 7 heals (2 resto shamans, 1 resto druid, Disc Priest, Holy Pally, and myself). Our DK tanks is also really good at keeping himself alive.

Our progression problems is just straight mechanic failure. Windbombs and people running face first into them, Ascension and not getting out fast enough on heroic mode, etc. We also had a lot of attendance issues early, so that kinda gibbed us. Not bad though being on a server that's struggling. Engima use to be here, but they all pretty much are gone now, and so are the players with them

Healing rankings are pretty stupid, though, as the best guilds in the world should have their healers low on the healing rankings because people aren't taking unnecessary damage that they then don't have to heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zen meditation is more meant for pvp i believe, to soak up a quick chaos bolt or something similar, unfortunately it is basically useless as casters will just auto attack you with their melee wep now. Lul.