Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFR Amber Shaper Hotfix nerfed?

Did anyone else notice a nerf on LFR Amber Shaper sometime today?

The Mutated Constructs only have 7 mil HP, down from 14 mil, and the Volatile Amber in P3 also does like 50% less damage.

Deleted
    Correct. It has been nerfed.

Deleted
    Yeah they were pretty quick on this one. Guess they didn't want a repeat of last week's 2/6 Garalon disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a pretty steep nerf considering how many people were actually succeeding
    inb4 hardcore why do you care bla bla bla bla bla. Simply stating my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

15+ Year Old Account
    I was kinda wishing for it to be nerfed right away, I could see this fight being impossible with 6 (below) average healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blah, and here I was feeling some sense of accomplishment for helping herd people to a kill prenerf... whatever, gotta get my ez valors/tier/sigils I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

It's a good nerf. Folks need a little more time to find the constructs and figure out the buttons when the are one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lawl.
    Wow.

Way to steep, it was simple.
    Press one whole button to not explode your raid. HARD TO GRASP GUYS.
    Even Garalon was harder, that encountered made me panic the first time I did it, and I kept hiting purple. But then again, the kiters were crazy, and no one would break the legs.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Lawl.
    Wow.

Way to steep, it was simple.
    It's LFR.

10 chars.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was no need to nerf that fight in LFR. I did it with a random group yesterday (Wednesday) and we almost killed the boss on the first try. We killed it easily on our second try.

Deleted
    I hope they nerfed the amber explosion damage, that was the main problem with this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Did anyone else notice a nerf on LFR Amber Shaper sometime today?

The Mutated Constructs only have 7 mil HP, down from 14 mil, and the Volatile Amber in P3 also does like 50% less damage.
    It's good, I did the fight right after the wing got released and I honestly thought that it was way overtuned for LFR.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I mean the dmg nerf is good but I think the fight is probably a bit to mechanic loaded for lfr. The nerfs help though I guess. It gives people ample opportunity to learn and eventually be able to anticipate and respond to the mechanics.

Deleted
    The thing is, you have to assume the amber explosion is basically never going to be interrupted. You also have to assume most people won't switch to the construct, so it must have low enough HP that it will die from cleaves. Amber explosions all over the place & the AoE damage on top in p3 was just too much, it's a good thing they nerfed it.

or you could interrupt it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelev View Post
    or you could interrupt it?
    Yes, and they could of made it so Hour of Twilight insta killed you on Ultraxion, but we all know how that would of worked out. This is LFR, you have to assume people will not always follow tactics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    It's LFR.

10 chars.
    and it's simple.
    I thought the point of LFR was to give the bads a taste of raiding.
    What is the point when all they are doing is pressing there hotkeys and not having to do anything else because it gets nerfed to hard?

Garalon I can understand, people were trolling by hitting purple on purpose.
    But you can't troll in AmberShaper, you can just be silly.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    Yes, and they could of made it so Hour of Twilight insta killed you on Ultraxion, but we all know how that would of worked out. This is LFR, you have to assume people will not always follow tactics.
    Learn, or lose.
    Seriously, it's nerfed so hard they should just mail gear to us.
    The point of raiding is to learn.

I watch a single fatboss video on youtube and know the fight, I'm sorry if it's so hard for every other person to grasp.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Learn, or lose.

I watch a single fatboss video on youtube and know the fight, I'm sorry if it's so hard for every other person to grasp.
    No, that just results in 1/6 1/6 1/6 1/6 1/6 1/6 wipe wipe wipe 10 players leave wipe wipe wipe. Repeat. LFR needs to be extremely forgiving, and no it is not suppose to be challenging in the slightest. If you want challenging content you do normal & heroic modes, not LFR.

But you can't troll in AmberShaper, you can just be silly.
    Sure you can constructs can just run around and 2 shot people. I've been in 2-3 already that people were doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Learn, or lose.

Please don't confuse LFR with actual raiding. You're in a raid group in a raid instance, but it is NOT raiding. It's a casual gear run. Plain and simple. It should be easy enough that most groups can down it within 2-3 tries, or else impatience takes over and the group collapses, a la Garalon last week.