Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    At first i didn't like it but i have gotten used to it. I think it would be cool though if dire beast wasn't on the GCD and the focus cost of MoC reduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    The issue is, a lot of the new abilities for hunters are straight up hit the button and damage happens abilities. Other classes CDs provide utility and other things that don't just provide pure flat damage.
    I would definitely agree with this. Sometimes I feel special when I disengage and "web" adds, but the usability of that is pretty rare...I'd rather reduce my cooldown of deterrence. Would be nice if we had a utility ability or two.

*edit for typos

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    That's not a fix for his issue since Fervor has the same cooldown as Dire beast and well AMoC does not benefit from BW.
    Fervor is completely off GCD so it's not an issue weaving it into your rotation, and is just a question of keybinds, however ToTh is always there as a passive option should it be too difficult for you.

Crows is a little clunky right now but with proper planning it's not too hard to find the focus to use it on cooldown, you just have to resist using arcane shot between KC's ~15 seconds before it comes up

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    That's not a fix for his issue since Fervor has the same cooldown as Dire beast and well AMoC does not benefit from BW.
    why doesn't aMoC profit from BW?? it reduces its focus cost and it gets the +10% damage (while BW is running!), what else should it benefit from??

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    why doesn't aMoC profit from BW?? it reduces its focus cost and it gets the +10% damage (while BW is running!), what else should it benefit from??
    I don't think it gets the 10%. Any damage you deal does 10% more, any damage your pet deals does 20% more. Dire Beast is not effected by either and I imagine that Crows also wouldn't be effected by either as it's not your main pet or you dealing the damage, but rather your temporary pet crows flying in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    I don't think it gets the 10%. Any damage you deal does 10% more, any damage your pet deals does 20% more. Dire Beast is not effected by either and I imagine that Crows also wouldn't be effected by either as it's not your main pet or you dealing the damage, but rather your temporary pet crows flying in the air.
    I'm clearly saying "it gets the 10% damage (while BW is runing!)" because I tested that earlier on today. it does! because it doesn't count as a pet like DB, but as a physical dot cast by you, thus gaining your 10% damage multiplier (but again only for the duration of BW)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    wow, so long have we craved for real damag cooldowns, now we get some people start crying about to many... can't believe it.
    come on, as SV or MM we have Rapidfire, Stampede and Readiness (which is principaly just another Rapidfire in terms of damage Cooldowns) it's not that complicated!
    okey, BM has a slightly harder time with managing BW aswell, but hell thats cool! I love having some burst at last!
    Rapid fire has always been a relativly bad CD, because hunters don't profit that much from haste (hence a little bit of focus regen aswell), now we have some significant and reliable burst at last!
    and by the significant burst I ony mean BM's. SV/MM's is still not that great
    Who was craving more cooldowns? Certainly not me. I've been happy with the one's I've had for as long as I can remember. Hell, you can troll my back catalog of posts if you want, you'll see that I was never in favor of stampede. Now that it's here I don't expect it to ever get removed, seeing as so many wanted it for so long, but I still don't think we need so many different ways to do the same thing. That actually brings to mind something I didn't mention earlier: Blizzard has always been really bad about parity between the specs, at least in the case of Hunters. The ONLY reason that BM became top spec again is because they brought it's damage up even with the others, while allowing it to keep more tricks than the other 2 specs. Bestial Wrath baseline, neither of the other specs have something similar (a spec specific, BIG dps cooldown). Intimidation baseline, giving BM one more CC than the others. Then add in exotic pets, and the various things they bring to the table (things like a heal and exclusive group buffs, and ancient hysteria). It used to be each spec had a unique CC: Silencing shot, Wyvern Sting, and Intimidation. Two of those went into the talent tree, but BM got to keep theirs. Oops?
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, just be glad level 90 talents don't make hunters miserable to play.

Sincerely,
    Mages
    Look! Words!

I can't see how anyone can be 'for' all of these new talents.

They made our rotations significantly more difficult than most other classes, and we can barely compete with other pure DPS'ers. MM burst is nonexistent because all of the damage that it used to do with Chimera and Aimed Shot was put into the new talents, for the sake of balancing DPS.

The more damage sources we have in our PvE rotations, the less burst we have room to do in PvP, because they just can't afford to make our main attacks hit hard. Maybe if we didn't have Glaive Toss and Dire Beast, the damage lost from not having those could be put back into the weak-hitting Explosive Shot and the lackluster Chimera/Aimed Shot that we have in PvP. If people can't see that then they are just not thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Well, just be glad level 90 talents don't make hunters miserable to play.

Sincerely,
    Mages
    I'll take your long-casted Invocation talent any day. In return, you can have 4 more abilities in your rotation that have short cooldowns and disrupt your main spec's abilities. And since you're getting 4 more damage abilities, they'll have to nerf all of your other attacks to re-allocate the damage to the new abilities, so your burst will be cut down hard. If only we could actually trade.

glaive toss is amazing

i hope it stays the best dps option for level 90 talents forever

As SV i the only ability i find to be a pain in Dire Best.
    Sure i could take thrill and get a passive ability but its not as good DPS vise.
    And as SV i need all the extra DPS i can get to be as close to BM as possible.

As for BM i despise the spec with a burning passion its to clunky.
    And to reliant on pet pathing which does not seem to work half the time.
    And the rotation is a priority list whack a mole there is just a pain.
    Last edited by RaZz0r; 2012-11-16 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    As SV i the only ability i find to be a pain in Dire Best.
    Sure i could take thrill and get a passive ability but its not as good DPS vise.
    I go with TotH in my SV specc, allthough it's less singletarget dps.
    but guess what? thats what the BM specc is for :-)
    and in terms of AoE, TotH is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    1. Remove readiness. We'll be fine without it, and it would vastly simplify a lot of things
    2. Roll the healing debuff from widow venom into serpent sting, and get rid of that button. I still can't believe this hasn't happened yet.
    5. At least consider removing rapid fire. It serves the same purpose as several other abilities (a raw dps cooldown). If stampede is meant to be our big burst dps CD, do we still need this? (personally I'm not convinced we even need stampede, but it does carry more "wow" factor).
    I'd agree with this completely. I really do dig hunters in MoP, and think that BM is the best it's ever been, but it's an awfully busy spec.

i still find Barrage to do more dps than Glaivetoss btw, for BM atleast, in aoe situations. especialy if used under rapidfire.

I think the talents are about right. Maybe the last tier needs a bit of work, I hate abilities with a cast/channel time, especially if they stop auto shots as well. I disliked them when I had to play as MM, and hate them now.

Also, I've never understood why Rapid Fire is still there. It's a lot of haste, but not a huge amount of DPS for SV/BM. I'd rather see Bestial Wrath replace it and have RF as a MM only CD.

Deleted
    Yes, both quite horrible additions to our previously nice SV priority queue. Even worse as BM, especially at the start of a fight when I'm going all-out spamming half my keyboard.

Glaive toss has a horrible animation IMO.

Stampede was and still is to some extent a really stupid feeling ability that kind of sums up the MoP method of pvp.

Double deterrence/exhilaration feels stupid too, there's something lazy about deterrence, its an obvious 'switch your dps away from me' ability that doesn't feel at all polished into anything that's a compelling gameplay choice.

Well, coming from my main perspective which is a rogue perspective:

Be happy, at least you got something new. You didn't get all your old talents/base spells renamed/"revamped"(If you can even call it that) and placed as a """talent""" that is barely useful and doesn't increase your dps at all. As a hunter you get at least 3 talents to increase your dps!

From my hunter perspective: I enjoy it, it adds a challenge every now and then. If you balance it just right, it's a blast to play it.
    I do agree that some things like crows can be a pain, but at least it's something.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikabod00
    While those of us who have ever played a video game before, stop and think "Gas coming from the walls. probably don't wanna touch that"

I was quick reading and spoted something i liked.

I also laugh when people mention "Rapid Fire" is a cd, because i find it... lacking... at least compared with other classes cds. The idea of BW among all specs could be very sweet, but i guess that will never happen (though warriors have "Avatar" as a talent, which is somewhat similar as BW, maybe even a bit better, except for its longer CD).

Personally I like TotH, especially as Srv. Less time spent casting Cobra, plus a reduced cost serpent sting (Multi shot for 20 focus instead of Srp for 25 focus.) and Dire Beast is pretty.... lame. even if it is the highest dps potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.