Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who is currently going through my Calculus courses after buying my TI-84+ to replace my 83 that I lost in a move, I can tell you not to bother with one until you get along some and make sure its needed. Most Cal professors aren't going to let you use a graphing calculator anyway because it will do your differentials and integrals itself, which defeats the purpose of the classes. Unless you really need one already, which I doubt if you're at AP level, just get something like a TI-30X as that's all you'll be allowed for some time likely because of the programmable nature of the graphing calcs. The main thing to look for is the full line display like the 30X has because you'll want to be able to see your entire equation when you're working with multiple sets of parentheses and brackets and the ability to be able to go back into an equation and try different variables.

*Edit* to add that no TI is overpriced by any stretch. They are the best calculators out there and can do much more than most people realize, which means they pay for something more powerful than they need. The 8x versions are meant for high end math/science work and they can do it.
    TAZI-BEAR ... da Beast

they are overpriced. The tech used in most of them is over a decade old. If someone came out with a Texas instrument app for Ipad that allowed you to do the stuff you can do on graphing calculators on other modern stuff, TI's physical calculator sales would evaporate overnight.