How my shammies doing?

I don't play WoW anymore but I played a resto shaman for 6 years. Just curious how they are in raids/pvp? Is elemental/enhancement viable in pve/pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Menkey View Post
    I don't play WoW anymore but I played a resto shaman for 6 years. Just curious how they are in raids/pvp? Is elemental/enhancement viable in pve/pvp?
    elemental and enhancement are pretty good at pve altho they are considered 1 of the lower dps by the sims altho im not sure if i believe it or not since im usually top dps. They arent great at pvp, well ele especially becus of the lack of survival cdowns. Resto however now its got several cdowns is 1 of the strongest healers for both pve and pvp beaten only by maybe a monk
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2012-11-14 at 05:22 PM.

So many misinformed people about shamans... Good god. Enhancement and Elemental are doing great in PvE at least those who play it right. Elemental inflicts high amount of pain in PvP the only thing crippling them is permanent silence and stun.
    Last edited by Taoforums; 2012-11-14 at 05:24 PM.

Pve im doing far better than i expected now that I've gotten a decent amount of gear. Pvp i feel like i need to play something else because unless im sitting still for a while feel like i cant get much accomplished without cooldowns and being locked downed without anything i can do to stop that pisses me off. Arenas trying to cap conquest on 2's will probably give me grey hairs. Warriors and hunters in every game so far. This is coming from a skilled pvper on different classes

Its so bad in 2s that the hunter i played with is begging me to play resto and said ele is **** for pvp. Thats just sad imo.
    Last edited by Rawfury; 2012-11-14 at 11:40 PM.

PvE Healing feels great to me c:
    Even if I'm not currently raiding with this shammy, I just LOVE the fact that I almost cannot run out of mana, and at least in Raid Finder (not the best testing tool, I know), I usually see shammies topping the healing recount (and no mana issues here, unless I do something terribly wrong).