Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mages should not be able to spellsteal things irrelevant to their class.

Im not even talking about hots, because every class can heal.

If its dispellable, its spell steal-able is what Ive gathered, which isnt okay.

They are able to steal spell procs, that they cant even use. Thats not okay.

As if frost mages didnt let me play my character enogugh.

tl;dr: Mages shouldnt be able to spellsteal a specific class/spec's buffs. (fort/might/kings are okay to be spell stolen)

(yes I know its getting nerfed.)

Personally i find it insanely frustrating as a destro lock to get my demon soul stolen. Its a huge chunk of our dmg similiar to pally wings. Stealing hots and buffs that can be re-applied instantly are fine. 2-3min cds that are imperative to our dmg, is not okay.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Areox View Post
    Im not even talking about hots, because every class can heal.

If its dispellable, its spell steal-able is what Ive gathered, which isnt okay.

They are able to steal spell procs, that they cant even use. Thats not okay.

As if frost mages didnt let me play my character enogugh.

tl;dr: Mages shouldnt be able to spellsteal a specific class/spec's buffs. (fort/might/kings are okay to be spell stolen)

(yes I know its getting nerfed.)
    So if they get no benefit from it what does it matter? Are you just pissed that now they have a square box showing the buff you once had?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So if they get no benefit from it what does it matter? Are you just pissed that now they have a square box showing the buff you once had?
    You're missing my point

I can use it.

They take it.

I can no longer use it. (And neither can they.)

No hes probably angry because he won't be able to use it. It's kind of annoying to get my Rime proc stolen as a frost DK.

You're missing my point

I can use it.

They take it.

So what you really want is for them to just do away with dispells? If the mage is not benefiting from whatever they spellstole then it's pretty much as though they've just dispelled it.

The mana cost increases they've been trying on and off for the past two years obviously fucking don't work. That ability needs a cd equivalent to any other dispel OR MORE for the huge benefit it can give the mage. 15 second minimum cd on their dispel I'd say.

Inb4 "WE NEED IT SPAMMABLE FOR PVE". No you fucking don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

So what you really want is for them to just do away with dispells? If the mage is not benefiting from whatever they spellstole then it's pretty much as though they've just dispelled it.
    Mages are the last class that need a dispel. >.>

Remove all other offensive dispels and I'll be happy to let go of spellsteal
    this game sucks

I agree.. Ive had a SS proc stolen... Not very nice
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Inb4 "WE NEED IT SPAMMABLE FOR PVE". No you fucking don't.
    we do actually, shadow shield on spirit kings heroic has 10 stacks that everyone who has an offensive dispell needs to take away

but i do agree it is spammable in PVP at least, hopefully the mana cost will help reduce that

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait till 5.1 where mages Spellsteal costs like 30% of their mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Personally i find it insanely frustrating as a destro lock to get my demon soul stolen. Its a huge chunk of our dmg similiar to pally wings. Stealing hots and buffs that can be re-applied instantly are fine. 2-3min cds that are imperative to our dmg, is not okay.
    See in my head I dont have a choice, most of the locks I meet in pvp have a nasty habit of popping Unending Resolve and Demon soul when we go toe to toe, so I would rather piss you off than have my face melted by a CB >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paq View Post
    See in my head I dont have a choice, most of the locks I meet in pvp have a nasty habit of popping Unending Resolve and Demon soul when we go toe to toe, so I would rather piss you off than have my face melted by a CB >.<
    Well of the arsenal a mage has to stop a cast, I find 8 seconds every 3 minutes(unending resolve) of 'free casting' pretty easy to disrupt considering it doesn't make the warlock immune to say... polymorph, deepfreeze, LoS the lock, alter time, mirror images to drop cast mid-chaos-cast, invisibility, dragonbreath(if fire), combustion(if fire) etc.etc.

So of the plethora of methods, counterspell can't be used on it for 8seconds every 3 minutes, use one of the other abilities you have.

Spellsteal is just stupidly strong and i'm glad that in 5.1 Dark Soul will no longer be dispellable (being changed to a curse buff instead of a magic buff).

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    we do actually, shadow shield on spirit kings heroic has 10 stacks that everyone who has an offensive dispell needs to take away
    Then have it work like Frenzy does on the new Herod guy in SM, dispels removes X Stacks (In his case, 10).

There really is no excuse for having a spammable steal.

Deleted
    You're missing my point

I can use it.

They take it.

No you are missing the point.
    This is the correct form :
    I can use it.

They take it.

I can no longer use it

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Well, be prepared to deal with it for a couple expansions like Ret did.

On-topic though, spellsteal is getting kind-of a nerf.. but notice how they treat frost mages in general, really. I've never seen blizzard backpedal more on any other spec in the game. They put nerfs and/or buffs for them and then they will very quickly, in the middle of the testing cycle of a patch, either half-backpedal or completely backpedal on at least one of the nerfs or buffs. Spellsteal was supposed to have a cooldown.. I think it went from 8 seconds to 5 seconds, then they just removed that idea completely, then they decided that a mana increase was enough. Then when the pre-patch for MoP came out, Spellsteal is somehow magically fine again when nothing about the metagame concerning it has changed much, so they buffed it back to costing a ridiculously low amount of mana. Then they backpedal on that and increase the cost again to where it should've been all along and every person worth their salt in PVP knows it. Blizzard ain't perfect, clearly.

Whats the difference between spellsteal and dispel in this case? Oh, nothing.

It's not called spellthaticanusesteal.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Whats the difference between spellsteal and dispel in this case? Oh, nothing.

It's not called spellthaticanusesteal.
    Even though it only stole things the mage could use from bc through wrath, cata baby mages a different breed.