Page 1 of 3
LastLast

MM Hunter, You HAVE to be kidding me.

I am so disappointed in this expansion. MM hunter has less tools, damage, utility, healing, and ... well I am just very disappointed. GC doesn't see it and I need a hug.

Show sympathy for our beloved spec!

patience! many buffs come in the form of glyphs/changes! don't forget no more aspect of the fox and it is baked right in, and aimed shot glyph makes it so you can run and cast at the same time. all in 5.1

What about all the bugs though >.<

Barrage bug.
    Disengage bug.
    Powershot bug.
    Trap box bug.
    Kill Shot bug.
    Stampede bug.
    Spirit bond bug.
    Serpent Spread bug.
    Kill Command bug.
    Explosive Shot tick clipping bug.
    Potentially pet health broken (avoidance).

Pretty sure I am missing some and some can be classified as 'broken' not a bug.. such as disengage.

eh, you're right, but you can't expect a game this big to be completely devoid of bugs. but it would be pretty nice if some were cut down. I think, not sure, but i think a few of these are being taken care of with 5.1. can't remember for sure. hopefully they'll take care of many of them with swift and acceptable options!

Thanks for the kind words! Lets hope they REALLY take a hard good look at this awesome spec...once awesome.

Just to make a point I am holding the line. I play MM.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...happy/advanced

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 01:54 AM ----------

*Flare bug.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggLIVE View Post
    Thanks for the kind words! Lets hope they REALLY take a hard good look at this awesome spec...once awesome.

Just to make a point I am holding the line. I play MM.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 01:54 AM ----------

*Flare bug.
    One spec can never always be the top dps spec, especially in a pure dps class. They know MM is behind and intend to leave it that way for the most part. MM's been the top or near the top for the most part since post BC, its time for it to relax and take a break and let the other two specs shine for a bit.
    Say what you have to say, not what you ought.
    Any truth is better than make-believe.

Quote Originally Posted by baan View Post
    One spec can never always be the top dps spec, especially in a pure dps class. They know MM is behind and intend to leave it that way for the most part. MM's been the top or near the top for the most part since post BC, its time for it to relax and take a break and let the other two specs shine for a bit.
    Is this actually quoted from Blizzard, or is this just the WoW community asserting their own definition of what's "fair" into WoW again? Pretty sure the world would still keep spinning if one spec was always the best to play.

well MM just doesn't have a spot in this expansion (yet)
    want to do singletarget dmg? go BM. wanna Burst (pvp and pve) BM again. AoE dmg? go SV. that's it I'm afraid :-(
    MM is great for leveling (which I think they are nerfing in 5.1), but I hope blizz doesn't see that as a sufficient use of the specc...
    I must admit, I haven't tried MM yet this xpac. wanted to do so as soon as I get a weapon that is up to date with the rest of the gear, otherwise MM stands no chance againts BM/SV anyway, but no range wep dropps yet :-(( still 463 *cry*

What about all the bugs though >.<

Barrage bug.
    Disengage bug.
    Powershot bug.
    Trap box bug.
    Kill Shot bug.
    Stampede bug.
    Spirit bond bug.
    Serpent Spread bug.
    Kill Command bug.
    Explosive Shot tick clipping bug.
    Potentially pet health broken (avoidance).

Pretty sure I am missing some and some can be classified as 'broken' not a bug.. such as disengage.
    Care to elaborate on the bugs? O.o

As far as pets go, Avoidance only works in pve. In pvp they are succeptible to any player damage.. including AoE.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Quote Originally Posted by Schwebels View Post
    eh, you're right, but you can't expect a game this big to be completely devoid of bugs. but it would be pretty nice if some were cut down. I think, not sure, but i think a few of these are being taken care of with 5.1. can't remember for sure. hopefully they'll take care of many of them with swift and acceptable options!
    Well blizzard just makes terrible choices, remodelling the entire talent system guarantees bugs. But they dont care we pay anyways. So they fix it during the expansion, until the next expansion were they will remodel talent system again.
    PvP is messed up atm. Really hope mm becomes viable with theese new changes, really really loved mm both in wotlk and cata.

I've been playing this game for 5 yrs. I have always been a hunter. I rerolled from Alliance to Horde and leveled another hunter (back when you couldn't faction transfer). I know how to play hunter and I've put years into learning how to hunter. I'm not the type of person of having multiple alts, I roll with the ups and downs of the hunter class. This expansion is making me rethink my position on the class. The hundreds of threads regarding MM hunter and all they can come up with is "We increased the duration of Steady Focus, which is both a quality of life and DPS increase" is at the very least frustrating and I just feel ignored.

I get it, they removed the minimum range and now we can't do as much damage as we did before but this is ridiculous! We need like a 20% damage buff across the board to compete with mages, spriests and warriors among others. I seriously don't understand why can't they see this. So yeah I don't know whats going to happen with my hunter or if I even have the energy/desire to learn another class but something needs to change.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    Atm class balance (or lack of) is the single thing that is making me give up on wow.

I was in a 5 men yesterday to help a guildie and i was doing on some trash pulls (as SV) 100k dps, and my friend was doing nearly 150k as mage.
    I was in a raid today to gear up some guildies and i was doing 60k and next to me was a warlock doing 80k.

On some bosses i see our rogues doing nearly double my damage.
    On some fights i see tanks doing ridiculous damage.
    On other fights i see people with less gear than me doing more damage (mages, warlocks, mostly).
    I see ret paladins doing equivalent damage to me and on the next fight the officers change him to healing and he does realy well.
    I see warriors decimate me on pvp. My BM friend destroys everything aswell.
    I see Disc priests doing so low on healing that they quit the game.

I could go on and on... Class balance is atm in one of the worst chapters in wow history As far as I can see. It's terrible and realy makes me wan't to quit after this next month subscription, not just because of the situation of the class/spec i play, but aswell for the situations i see in my guild and friends of mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see some marks buffs coming soon they are trickling in. Better than nothing I guess, the biggest buff I see is the 20 second duration on iss. A few things I would like to see is for marks have rapid fire down to 2 mins if speced marks and possibly readiness down to 3 since those where originally marks "niches"? to where rapid fire was down to 3 mins from 5 if specced marks back in cata so fingers crossed. . /brohug @ OP I know that feel

Yea MM is seriously lacking in damage and overall fun factor. I like the idea of the spec and chimera shot is my favorite ability, but the spec just sucks viability wise. And I /facepalmed when I read this blue post from Blizz this morning:

I know you aren't ignoring MM, but do you really think the minor changes in 5.1 will be enough for it to be viable?
    We increased the duration of Steady Focus, which is both a quality of life and DPS increase.

Like......those two changes are not enough to bring MM up to speed AT ALL IMO. Steady shot, chimera shot, and aimed shot all need fixes (read: damage increases) and power shot needs to be relieved of its bugs. I want to see MM make a come back and at least be on par with surv but at is stands right now outside of propping up your dps for the first 20% (CA phase = artificial dps) it doesn't do anything as well or better than the other two specs. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Atm class balance (or lack of) is the single thing that is making me give up on wow.

I was in a 5 men yesterday to help a guildie and i was doing on some trash pulls (as SV) 100k dps, and my friend was doing nearly 150k as mage.
    I was in a raid today to gear up some guildies and i was doing 60k and next to me was a warlock doing 80k.

On some bosses i see our rogues doing nearly double my damage.
    On some fights i see tanks doing ridiculous damage.
    On other fights i see people with less gear than me doing more damage (mages, warlocks, mostly).
    I see ret paladins doing equivalent damage to me and on the next fight the officers change him to healing and he does realy well.
    I see warriors decimate me on pvp. My BM friend destroys everything aswell.
    I see Disc priests doing so low on healing that they quit the game.

I could go on and on... Class balance is atm in one of the worst chapters in wow history As far as I can see. It's terrible and realy makes me wan't to quit after this next month subscription, not just because of the situation of the class/spec i play, but aswell for the situations i see in my guild and friends of mine.
    People are still complaining about this? Really?

If a warlock is beating you by 20k dps you're either A) playing very bad B) it's a multi-dot fight or C) tremendously behind in gear. Warlocks don't just have a magical ability to be 20k dps ahead of you. The important thing to note is that of those three possibilities, none of them are at all new. The only one that may be seen as partially new is the larger gear gaps but that's because the first tier spans 53 ilvls (from Justice gear to Heroic elite gear) where as the largest gap prior was Cata, and that was only a 33 ilvl gap. Let alone the numbers in general are bigger. If you're 4k off of someone else, let's say they're doing 80k and you're doing 76k, you're really only 5% behind which would have been the same thing as someone last expansion doing 30k and you being at 28.5k. Look at Heroic Feng logs to see how we are not far behind and we're ahead of the middle of the pack. We have no multi-dot and no cleave, just like always and as such on a fight where those are present will seem to be behind.
    Last edited by refire; 2012-11-15 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Probably heard that every expansion.

Remember Cataclysm? How everyone got steamrolled by Frost dk's during the 1st Season?
    Remember Wotlk? When Dk's and Ret's were stomping everything in the Arena?
    Remember Bc? Heal Druid and Sl Locks being Immortal?

Barrage bug. - Stand exactly at '40 yards' and fire, occasionally it does nothing. No damage. Just a visual and triggers CD.
    Disengage bug. - Warrior charge or any class uses a CC or insta-ability @ you before the server registers the disengage complete you fall to the ground midair.
    Powershot bug. - Completely fails maybe say 30% of the time no damage, no knockback, but triggers the CD.
    Trap box bug. - Trap box is off on traps, they are not triggering or engaging properly, this is confirmed by many high end arena players.
    Kill Shot bug. - Does not always reset for the 2nd shot in PvP.
    Stampede bug. - This ability was bugged, the pets were ignoring resil and doing more then intended damage. It was 'hotfixed' not nerfed.
    Spirit bond bug. - Spirit bond occasionally does not work in combat, the ability 'buff' disappears.
    Serpent Spread bug. - http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/09/06/sc...f-patch-5-0-4/
    Kill Command bug. - Kill command not working on bosses in PvE.
    Explosive Shot tick clipping bug. -http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/09/06/scattered-shots-bugs-not-bugs-and-oddities-of-patch-5-0-4/
    Potentially pet health broken (avoidance). - http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/09/06/sc...f-patch-5-0-4/
    Flare bug. - Shoot the flare then LOS is before it hits the ground, it will never go off and trigger a CD.

***DETERENCE BUG. - Mages may deep freeze you in deterrence, if you hit the ability while the spell is in the air it still 'registers as a hit' on you.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 10:09 AM ----------

*Just for the record, I cannot kill warrior W/O CD's as MM using normal rotation, with CD's its a struggle.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 10:10 AM ----------

*Also I posted my character to show that I am not some scumbag player that has taken advantage of yet another bug, the recent MMR arena exploit. So many TERRIBLE players are walking around telling me to GOML with 2400 achieves dated nov 1st - 11th, 400 total arena games played and 1550 in every bracket... gahh

10+ Year Old Account
    Mm really needs the 50 focus on kb back, looks minor but it was so important for aoe dps / total bg domination.
    Same goes for unerring sight, the new glyph version sucks in comparison.
    The glyph version cannot be up on more than one target at a time, and does not grant unerring sight to vanish effects.
    With readiness and silencing shot on talents aswell mm is left with nothing, not a single benefit/utility over sv or bm.

Mm needs something that sets it apart and gives it an edge. Right now it doesnt have any such utilities.

Barrage bug. - Stand exactly at '40 yards' and fire, occasionally it does nothing. No damage. Just a visual and triggers CD.
    Disengage bug. - Warrior charge or any class uses a CC or insta-ability @ you before the server registers the disengage complete you fall to the ground midair.
    Powershot bug. - Completely fails maybe say 30% of the time no damage, no knockback, but triggers the CD.
    Trap box bug. - Trap box is off on traps, they are not triggering or engaging properly, this is confirmed by many high end arena players.
    Kill Shot bug. - Does not always reset for the 2nd shot in PvP.
    Stampede bug. - This ability was bugged, the pets were ignoring resil and doing more then intended damage. It was 'hotfixed' not nerfed.
    Spirit bond bug. - Spirit bond occasionally does not work in combat, the ability 'buff' disappears.
    Serpent Spread bug. - http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/09/06/sc...f-patch-5-0-4/
    Kill Command bug. - Kill command not working on bosses in PvE.
    Explosive Shot tick clipping bug. -http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/09/06/scattered-shots-bugs-not-bugs-and-oddities-of-patch-5-0-4/
    Potentially pet health broken (avoidance). - http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/09/06/sc...f-patch-5-0-4/
    Flare bug. - Shoot the flare then LOS is before it hits the ground, it will never go off and trigger a CD.

***DETERENCE BUG. - Mages may deep freeze you in deterrence, if you hit the ability while the spell is in the air it still 'registers as a hit' on you.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 10:09 AM ----------

*Just for the record, I cannot kill warrior W/O CD's as MM using normal rotation, with CD's its a struggle.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 10:10 AM ----------

*Also I posted my character to show that I am not some scumbag player that has taken advantage of yet another bug, the recent MMR arena exploit. So many TERRIBLE players are walking around telling me to GOML with 2400 achieves dated nov 1st - 11th, 400 total arena games played and 1550 in every bracket... gahh
    My Kill Command is working...

Ettan is completely correct. There is NOTHING that MM has that the other two spec's (Mostly BM) does better.