Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    TBH what the hell is wrong with the simple fact that BM and SV are top dogs atm spec wise for hunters???? I am sick and tired of MM and am glad I can be BM again. As far as PvP is concerned well I don't I loathe it with a passion. BM/SV are for now the specs to play in PvE deal with same as dealing with bugs, its a game it isn't perfect nor will it ever be perfect unless your a mage ofcourse

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Is this actually quoted from Blizzard, or is this just the WoW community asserting their own definition of what's "fair" into WoW again? Pretty sure the world would still keep spinning if one spec was always the best to play.
    And the world will also keep spinning if that one spec falls in dps from time to time....The world will just stop spinning around you

I haven't played MM at all this expansion because of all the terrible things ive been hearing about it, and would've been fine with not playing it. But with these changes for being able to cast aimed shot while moving makes me want to play it as a main spec. Having to hard cast aimed shot as a focus dump especially during t11 and most of t12 ruined that whole spec for me personally. Mobility was so limited and the rotation was just clunky. Being able to cast aimed shot on the move would probably make it a lot of fun again. Though if the damage sucks it wont even be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agilent View Post
    I haven't played MM at all this expansion because of all the terrible things ive been hearing about it, and would've been fine with not playing it. But with these changes for being able to cast aimed shot while moving makes me want to play it as a main spec. Having to hard cast aimed shot as a focus dump especially during t11 and most of t12 ruined that whole spec for me personally. Mobility was so limited and the rotation was just clunky. Being able to cast aimed shot on the move would probably make it a lot of fun again. Though if the damage sucks it wont even be worth it.
    I know this is super random but... do people still play on Aegwynn? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jagera View Post
    I know this is super random but... do people still play on Aegwynn? lol
    Lol no its dead and its been dead for a long time

MM has shit. It comes with 3 abilities and they're boring. Steady Shot, Aimed Shot, Chimera Shot. Boring as shit. Chimera used to be cool. Now it just doesn't hit hard at all.

well yes, steadyshot is a weaker Cobra without the serpent refreshing aspect (it does do bleed on crit, but you know, 30% more dmg on nothing is still nothing^^) boring...
    but at least chimera gets the refresher, but otherwise it's just the "main" spell, ie short CD, high dmg ability, where BM has KC and SV Explo...
    Aimed on the otherhand I find quite cool. long cast, high focus, but also high dmg, with fuckin high crit dmg (at least theoretically it should ^^), with synergy with RapidFire and a chance to procc for free... is quite cool. it were really great if Master Marksman would work like Maelstrom! so you would have the choice of casting it at 33/66% focus/casttime. would allow you to use it more often

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    Master Marksman would work like Maelstrom! so you would have the choice of casting it at 33/66% focus/casttime. would allow you to use it more often
    That would be great but propably not possible ("we don't want to have exactly same skills with different names" etc.), but to be honest what is really needed is simple dmg buff for:
    1. Chimera (+ more healing on it for PvP reasons)
    2. Aimed - it's casted, stops autoshot(and wild quiver) - it must do at least 3-4 times more dmg than arcane shot..
    3. Readiness with 3m CD just for MM(would help both PvE and PvP, and give some flavour, that spec lost with new talent system - i know it started as SV skill but know everyone remember it as MM skill)
    4.Maybe some dmg buff for SS but i'm not 100% sure about that

PS. I don't get 'MM was best spec long enough' argument - first thing who was talking it should be best spec? It doesn't have to be best but now it's doing less dmg than tanks and healers... All i want is choice between 3 specs (well for me SV is not an option, but it can stay, as some people seem to like it) that do similar damage.

To all my hunter friends, don't despair. We will rise again!

But seriously, and this sounds cliché, if you love playing hunter you shouldnt be bothered with being the top DPS. Sure, it feels like crap when you are vastly outplayed by mages etc but it will get better (beginning 5.1 and forward).

Rejoice hunters!

10+ Year Old Account
    MM is now mainly a lvling spec... but not a real raid spec currently.... hoping the coming patches will fix that, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    How are you complaining about that? It used to stun you and take you back to your starting position because the game never registered you as leaving it until you landed. Now it registers you at all positions but you can still get charged during a disengage. You think disengage should just act as an immunity?
    yeah its pretty awesome to get my disengage gouged because blizzard didn't want me to jump charges

its also pretty awesome to waste a disengage when a dk chains me in mid-air because i shouldn't be jumping charges
    Last edited by crooklyn; 2012-11-19 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggLIVE View Post
    If you don't PvP you don't understand. Simple as that.
    You do know you linked your character's in a previous post right?

Never breaking into 2.2k it would seem as though you don't PvP. Don't even get me started on your PvE experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You do know you linked your character's in a previous post right?

Never breaking into 2.2k it would seem as though you don't PvP. Don't even get me started on your PvE experience.
    i'm not sure why you feel like his experience is relevant in this thread

he posted that in response to the 2 or 3 HUNTER players who feel like it is okay to completely waste a disengage cd because you get rooted/stunned/disorientated during your gap closer

you don't need to be a gladiator to realize how retarded that is

i am not even sure if the posters who are actually defending this play a hunter in pvp

edit: and to be on-topic: yes MM needs some love. Mop took everything good about MM hunters (silence/readiness) and gave it to every spec

chimera/steadyshot/aimed shot hitting like nothing contributes to mm sucking as well :\

Quote Originally Posted by TheGosuStandard View Post
    *A niche (BM - BW , Survival - Entrapment)
    Abilities on their own aren't niches. It takes a couple abilities in the toolkit used in conjunction to determine a specs niche. BM's niche is burst, Survival's niche is mass AE. BM's burst was nerfed pretty hard, and Survival's niche doesn't really work in PVP, or end game raiding. It could be argued that none of the 3 hunters specs really has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post
    yeah its pretty awesome to get my disengage gouged because blizzard didn't want me to jump charges

its also pretty awesome to waste a disengage when a dk chains me in mid-air because i shouldn't be jumping charges
    I'd be fine with that if other abilities would follow the same rules. Charges, Heroic Leaps and every other gap closer/maker that is animated (not instant like Blink) should also be counterable and not have any of their secondary effects apply to the target. A charge that gets scattered should stop the charge dead in it's track and the stun shouldn't apply. A leaping warrior that gets rooted just falls straigth down. Etc, etc.

I just don't see any reason why Disengage should be so easy to counter and why other (similar) abilities should always be succesfull. Disengage would still be a weaker ability anyway because it animates considerably slower than leaps and charges do and you have to jump first if you want to travel a decent distance.

Quote Originally Posted by S2omegaS2 View Post
    And the world will also keep spinning if that one spec falls in dps from time to time....The world will just stop spinning around you
    That was exactly my point. There's no black and white rule saying that Blizzard HAS to rotate what DPS specs are "the top" from time to time. People just expect it to be that way after years and years of the community whining about what's "fair" and Blizzard responding by making classes more and more like each other over time.

But hey, take pot shots at me if it makes you feel better, tough guy. Just don't miss the point completely next time.