10+ Year Old Account

Fastest way to hit 50?

Hey, so I played Rift on release, and about a year after it came out.
    Only ended up with a lv 44 Rogue and a 24 Warrior.

Now I'm thinking about coming back and level a Mage or a Cleric, but I'm wondering what is the fastest way to burn up to 45-ish again?
    I know about the 1-10 being in the future or whatnot, but after that.
    Questing normally, spamming BGs, or grinding mobs.

Anything would be appreciated as I always find releveling super tedious.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quest while queued up for everything- dungeons, IAs, warfronts.

The answer is the same for virtually every MMO of this stripe.

Deleted
    apart from there is no real queue for IA.

I'd do IA to be honest whilst in dungeon queues.

IA is essentially questing...but you get to do it in groups to mow through everything! and get nice rewards (planar currency gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Quest while queued up for everything- dungeons, IAs, warfronts.

The answer is the same for virtually every MMO of this stripe.
    you can't really quest while que'd for IA, because IA is Instant, hence Instant Adventure. Also, I would not recommend queinf for warfronts as a means to level quickly. It is possible to level via Warfronts, it just is not nearly as fast as other methods.

IA while que'd for dungeons if you want to run the dungeons. Dungeons are pretty good XP and can get you some upgrades as you level. IA is the fastest way though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Dungeons are pretty good XP and can get you some upgrades as you level. IA is the fastest way though.
    Dungeons are hit an miss btw. There's a huge learning and gear curve for some people if you pug/LFD. If you've not got an "optimal" group in skill and gear level it will end up being a wipefest and actually slow leveling down. The dungeons even on regular aren't a push over and you can't just face roll them.

EDIT: Nvm this is to thread is for level 50 my message applies to the new content 50 to 60.

The bonus xp you get from from winning a random warfront is insane. Currently if we manage to win I get about half a levels worth of xp as well as the equipment cache. I am level 32 atm btw.
    Last edited by Grimtide; 2012-11-17 at 07:40 PM.

Yea, WFs give great xp. Nearly as much as turning in a quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtide View Post
    The bonus xp you get from from winning a random warfront is insane. Currently if we manage to win I get about half a levels worth of xp as well as the equipment cache. I am level 32 atm btw.
    Yeah, if you can consistently be on the winning team and do not end up in turtle matches it is great. However, how often does that happen consistently? It's a crap shoot, where as IA is a given.

I levelled my 4th 50 using IA only and was able to get there in 3 days but that was doing the SL pre-launch Sanctum IA (before the 20% bonus was activated) so I'm unsure if the standard IA's will be as effective, worth a shot though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about now but a few months ago when i leveled i got 1-50 just spamming Instant Adventures in about 2 days IRL time.