Page 1 of 3
LastLast

kill shot and execute

kill shot hits like a wet paper sac yet an execute hits for over 900k
    my highest kill shot crit has been 117k yet my warrior buddy hit anything between 350k 1million
    Last edited by Irishman89; 2012-11-15 at 06:13 AM.

Deleted
    Good info, I enjoyed reading this

glad someone knows how to read =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it does read like its just an information post, there isnt even a question mark :P

Different abillities do different damage? you don't say.jpg

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    The title of this thread will be my next 2v2 arena team name. That's about all it's good for :P

Execute rage starves a warrior pretty quickly, doesn't it? And spamming execute is at the expense of other rage-costing abilities, while KS only costs us the GCDs.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Execute rage starves a warrior pretty quickly, doesn't it? And spamming execute is at the expense of other rage-costing abilities, while KS only costs us the GCDs.
    Was pretty fun when I did it in cata though. Keep CS up when you see it SPAM THE F*** OUT OF EXECUTE watch the dps fly ^_^

I imagine it's similar in MoP.

Really should level my warrior. And my spriest.

(Is cursing allowed btw? No mention of it in the guidelines)
    Last edited by gulder; 2012-11-15 at 10:08 AM.

Blizzard needs to change Kill Shot because it's joke in it's current state. My Glaive Toss hits harder than Kill Shot.

15+ Year Old Account
    As I recall it, Kill Shot is off GCD and costs no resource.

Execute however uses most of the rage warrior has and is on GCD with other abilities.

But I also agree, they should buff it's damage a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Blizzard needs to change Kill Shot because it's joke in it's current state. My Glaive Toss hits harder than Kill Shot.
    Your glaive toss hits harder? I love when people talk out of their ass.

afaik, kill shot is free instant and off GCD? Should maybe hit a tad harder.

Execute costs alot of rage and requires melee range ofc, and hitting one million requires really good gear and probably pvp dont see it critting 1mil in pvp, but yea execute is an execute right now.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Fathomz View Post
    Am I now? http://i.imgur.com/zBVvU.png

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    afaik, kill shot is free instant and off GCD? Should maybe hit a tad harder.

Execute costs alot of rage and requires melee range ofc, and hitting one million requires really good gear and probably pvp dont see it critting 1mil in pvp, but yea execute is an execute right now.
    It's on the GCD and it sometimes bugs and doesn't give another free shot after you use it.
    Last edited by stalkerzzzz; 2012-11-15 at 10:29 AM.

It also has the annoying 'reset once it hits the target' which means you have the choice of losing half a GCD and waiting for it to refresh or hitting another shot and delaying your semi-execute with the short CD.

Yep, it is affected by travel time, and even then, it doesn't reset fully, as it still gets delayed a bit, when you're trying to fire off the followed-up KS.

Sure, these two abilities are completely different, but I sure wonder why it makes up most, or so much of a warriors' damage when I check my guilds' logs (both the prot warr and dps warriors included).

Deleted
    Am I now? http://i.imgur.com/zBVvU.png

It's on the GCD and it sometimes bugs and doesn't give another free shot after you use it.
    Mine hit barely harder in i480 average gear. I only have a 463 bow though. With some quick testing the gap gets bigger the better the weapon you have.

I know this is mostly caused by the fact that I also still have only an ilvl 463 weapon but that doesn't change the fact that Kill Shot doesn't live to it's name.

different abilities different results... How peculiar...
    Joke aside, Killshot requires no focus, has 45 yard range, and resets if the target doesnt die? unless they changed that.
    I dont see a problem with kill shot.
    And yeah war is abit out of control atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fathomz View Post
    on average my glaive shot is doing 120-200k damage each CD

yes thats 60k-100k x2
    Last edited by Atomsk69; 2012-11-15 at 11:20 AM.

Deleted
    I know this is mostly caused by the fact that I also still have only an ilvl 463 weapon but that doesn't change the fact that Kill Shot doesn't live to it's name.
    It better than it was in Cata, but along way off its glory days in Wrath. (I am pretty sure in Early Cata raid gear it was hitting for half as much as it was in ICC)

Quote Originally Posted by Atomsk69 View Post
    on average my glaive shot is doing 120-200k damage each CD

yes thats 60k-100k x2
    I am not sure how much mine hits for, as so many bosses have ways to increase your damage or adds. I think if I get a double crit it hits for about 120k (60k each blade)
    Last edited by mmoc28018519a9; 2012-11-15 at 11:39 AM.