Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Angry CLCRET Issue with Input lag during burst phases

Hi fellow rets,

my clcret addon seems to be acting really strange lately, pretty much forbidding me smooth gameplay during raids and a massive dps loss especially during burst phases. I've been wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar lately and / or has a clue whats going on and how to fix it.

What happens is pretty much the following: I keep using my rotation as usual but yet if I hit the button it'll take at least 2-3 times of button smashing until the skill finally gets cast. Sometimes even more. clcret will then keep displaying the same button for a while indicating a global cooldown running out and refreshing the button multiple times. It's pretty much unbearable especially during burst phases where the rest of my team pops cds as well. But yet I can even notice it on a dummy.

What seemed to have been a temp fix for me was to delete my cache & wtf folder last week. It got a little better. But ever since a new update of the addon was released i struggle with the same issues all over again.

Here some of the settings that might be important. Maybe something is wrong there:

rotation: inq inqdp tv5 tvdp es exo how cs j tv3
    behavior: FCFS Detection: 10, Aura Detection 5 (playing with these just seems to make it worse most of the time. but it all seems pretty random)

I'd be glad for any kind of suggestions on how to fix this. Thank you.

Hi. Unfortunately i wont be able to provide a viable to solution to the addon problem you have, since i am not familiar with the addon thus im not sure of the source of the problem, but would like to point out that thats why you should not BASE your performance on that kind of addons. There will be moments like the one you described and then you will find yourself panicing trying to figure out what to do next if you arent familiar with your own rotation. This will of course result in a big dps loss.
    Now regarding the actual addon problem, maybe you should try install it again, or maybe it is conflicting with some other addon you currently have active. Maybe if that is happening during heroism/bloodlust, is due to the fact that you "spam" your abilities much more during that time and the addon fail to make proper calculations.
    Cheers

Don't use it anymore? Ret rotation isn't too hard to keep track of, and you could possibly increase your max dps if you learned how to raid without it.

EDIT: Spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure you aren't just encountering lag? I've run into raid lag several times this expansion, not sure the cause of it because it isn't my computer or my internet connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    thanks for the replies.

rest assured that I know what I'm doing even without the addon.
    I can raid without it quite decently and I did it for a long time before. It just adds that little bit extra to maximise dps for me & helping me how to keep track of Inquisition refreshment. I'd be sad if I had no choice between using or not using it anymore due to this issue.

Edit: I don't think its caused by general game lag since I even get it on the dummy. I usually have high frame rate and a latency of 40.
    Last edited by mmocf207d2f12c; 2012-11-15 at 07:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having this same issue as well during bloodlust/heroism. What I find useful for me is to just complete the bloodlust sequence on your own, and it will fix itself once you delay a couple of globals by like half a second (use movement phases for this so you don't lose any dps). Like Marbas said, it is important for you to become familiar with the rotation so your performance doesn't get gimped from CLCRet issues.

If you dont manage to find a fix for it, but you still want to use it for the reasons you mentioned, probably you should just ignore it when it "breaks". Btw, there are some decent addons around that will help you track everything you want/need flawlessly. I would recomend Raven addon, which im using for quite a long time now and i really like it.
    I track almost everything with it, like inquisition, GoAK, Avenging Wrath/Holy Avenger/Diving Purpose procs, trinket procs like DMC trinket and Lei Shin's orders and also cooldowns like Execution Sentence and stuff. It comes really handy. Now, like i said there are plenty addons for that job, but i will mention this one because it serves me really well
    Last edited by Marbas; 2012-11-15 at 07:19 AM.

Deleted
    thanks for the tip with Raven Marbas. I might give it a go if i'm not able to fix this

I've been running some dummy tests regarding this issue again:

- It still happens with only clcret enabled and all other addons switched off. The rotation "breaks", showing different icons in a very short amount of time and sometimes giving me a global cd that isn't actually there because the actual skill doesn't get used even if smashing my keybinds.
    - A similar issue seems to appear in clcinfo which I setup for testing purposes
    - If i deactivate all addons and just run my rotation without any "help" i still notice slight input lag here and there, but nothing too mayor

Since I've been raiding ret for years and years and stuff like this never happened I'm not too sure what to make of this.
    Last edited by mmocf207d2f12c; 2012-11-15 at 07:36 AM.

Maybe You can frap it and just send to the creater of CLC?
    Because I have something similar in burst phases as well, like "lag", while I do have 90-120fps on raids and internet is also totally fine..

@Marbas
    Can you send me a link with Your UI? Or mainly with the addon You have written about?

I am a menace to my own destiny.

I will be able to provide you with a Screenshot of my Raven setup when i get back home from work. Unfortunately, i am not able to log in the game from my office.

Edit: Or maybe not...my post count dont allow me to provide links yet as it seem, as i tried to link you the actual addon but wont let me at all. Its easy to find it tho. Just check curse.com/addons/wow/raven
    Last edited by Marbas; 2012-11-15 at 08:22 AM.

Well CLC ret is a dps loss imo. It just tells you to fire TV everytime you have 3+ hp, which is just wrong, cos if you are under 5 hp, you wanna get all your(or as much as you can) hp generators on cd, before using TV. I would not use CLC from those reasons and also, is it fun to tunnel vision two icons telling you: now press this. Learn to play without it = more dps + more fun = win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Well CLC ret is a dps loss imo. It just tells you to fire TV everytime you have 3+ hp, which is just wrong
    you can set up clcret / info to prioritize 5 HP TVs. If your setup is correct and you use your own head whilst using the addon, it can be a helpful tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because your ms stays at 40~ or a certain number doesn't mean that there wasn't a lag spike. It sounds like you're describing momentary variations of your latency before it evens out again quickly. If you play on a wireless connection that could very well be an issue. Typically when you press a button( to min/max you should always be spam pressing your buttons) there is a very very small delay in the time you press it and the time in which the game recognizes it on the server. If you're getting more than 3-4 presses in and it is not recognizing it and performing the action you're experiencing some variation of lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    you can set up clcret / info to prioritize 5 HP TVs. If your setup is correct and you use your own head whilst using the addon, it can be a helpful tool.
    Didnt know it can prioritize 5hp TV. Well anyways I dont like it cos its just not fun to press the button u see on an icon imo..

Deleted
    @bettinpede like i explained in my initial post, the problem is input lag in burst phases.
    ---

Generally I made another observation now:
    The clunky, broken feel that I experience (addon lag, GC-delays) happens only during active Avenging Wrath with Sanctified Wrath Talent. Tests with Devine Purpose made the problem pretty much unnoticeable. It almost seems to me as if clcret / info are unable to process the 50% CD reduction of HoW correctly and therefore "break" for the time when AW is active.
    Last edited by mmocf207d2f12c; 2012-11-15 at 09:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    @bettinpede like i explained in my initial post, the problem is input lag in burst phases.
    ---

Generally I made another observation now:
    The clunky, broken feel that I experience (addon lag, GC-delays) happens only during active Avenging Wrath with Sanctified Wrath Talent. Tests with Devine Purpose made the problem almost unnoticeable. It almost seems to me as if clcret / info are unable to process the 50% CD reduction of HoW correctly.
    Bettinpede is a spambot. Its making the same posts in multiple threads and linking a fake img that advertise's e-cigarettes.

Deleted
    oh lol alright i was kinda unsure if i made myself clear haha. I shall just ignore him then.

Anyway, I'm really confused with the whole issue seeming to be linked to Sanctified Wrath talent with active Avanging Wrath. It's so odd. Does anyone have an idea what could be up with that?

If your skills go off late the only possible problem with an addon could be that it throws lots of errors crawling your system. Otherwise is just lag from your end or the server. What you describe in first post certainly sounds like lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Didnt know it can prioritize 5hp TV. Well anyways I dont like it cos its just not fun to press the button u see on an icon imo..
    Its not about pressing what it tells you to, if you use it properly you can alter its rotations depending on circumstances and learn your 100% theorycrafted perfect rotation, which might take maybe a month of using it to get it into muscle memory, after that it tends to take the role of a cooldown watch addon and a "shit i had a brain fart" addon
    In my experience, most Paladins who do perfect DPS have CLCRet or a similar solution to help them

Quote Originally Posted by Marbas View Post
    I will be able to provide you with a Screenshot of my Raven setup when i get back home from work. Unfortunately, i am not able to log in the game from my office.

Edit: Or maybe not...my post count dont allow me to provide links yet as it seem, as i tried to link you the actual addon but wont let me at all. Its easy to find it tho. Just check curse.com/addons/wow/raven
    You could post your link with a space by the dot

I am a menace to my own destiny.