Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Surprised no one mentioned monks. With lovely mechanics such as touch of karma, and even the ability to get past Reliquary of Souls as brewmaster, they are not to be underestimated.

  2. #22
    Brewmaster Buxton McGraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Covina, California
    Posts
    1,452
    I do well soloing things with Brewmaster.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I do well soloing things with Brewmaster.
    QFT.

    Keeping in mind that my monk is about 15 ilevels better geared, I was able to solo the "If Looks Could Kill" eyebeam achievement on Kologarn in Ulduar as a BM monk and I wasn't able to do it as a Blood DK.

  4. #24
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Lima Ohio
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    QFT.

    Keeping in mind that my monk is about 15 ilevels better geared, I was able to solo the "If Looks Could Kill" eyebeam achievement on Kologarn in Ulduar as a BM monk and I wasn't able to do it as a Blood DK.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfxaB_fSeCI odd its been done it looks like, I haven't tried it myself...
    Last edited by jmmathe1988; 2012-11-15 at 07:43 AM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    and blizzard won't tell us... Which is why when this patch hits I'm going to see how Razorgore acts to me running in there... because I hate locking down a guildie for that fight
    Previous posts on here (about 2 weeks ago?) stated that the following:

    Razorgore the Untamed will not take extra damage from the adds in his fight, and can use his Destroy Egg skill more frequently, making the fight soloable.
    Viscidius will require far fewer "Freezing" hits to shatter.
    High Warlord Najentus's immunity shield will have a shorter duration.

    Beyond that, we don't got much else to go on.

    OT: I do most of my soloing as a Ret Paladin, and got my Prot offspec in case I run into a wall I can outlast instead of out-DPS. Haven't pushed myself TOO hard, but Selfless Healer helps boost up self-healing alot (especially if it is Cata or even some Wrath content), cause if you got adds that are worth XP technically, kill one, instant-cast your Flash of Light and it auto-crits for about an 80k+ heal as Ret. I know right now, that anything pre-Wrath, raid-wise, is mine to solo as Ret, without any issue (barring mechanics). 5-man-wise, I can handle most of the older Cata heroics. Not gone onto ZG/ZA or HoT, but wouldn't be too worried (at a 479 ilevel currently for Ret).
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-11-15 at 07:39 AM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

  6. #26
    I solo as shadow priest, working pretty well so far, working my way into t11 content (NOT 5 MANS!).

  7. #27
    1. BloodDk
    2. BM Hunter with spirit beast
    3. Prot Pally

    You honestly cant go wrong with any of those 3 for soloing imo

  8. #28
    This is a silly question... Blood Death Knights all the way.. There's a reason Mione chops through bosses like nothing.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsolution View Post
    This is a silly question... Blood Death Knights all the way.. There's a reason Mione chops through bosses like nothing.
    Yes, because Mione is an very skilled player with a great eye for game mechanics. Not every Blood DK can do that.

    Still, as said multiple times in this thread, Blood DKs are the best soloing class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

  10. #30
    Brewmaster dryankem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,260
    Mione uses a DK but I remember seeing a post where they mentioned that Hunters that gemmed and forged for stamina would actually be better at healing themselves but very few people would ever spec stamina with a hunter.

    But basically any tank or a hunter are your best bets, although you can solo with any class it might just take a little more work.

  11. #31
    I solo all of BT (including RoS) on my monk each week for the Warglaives. WW has pretty strong self heals and decent defensive capabilities if properly glyphed. There's also a Monk Solo Thread here where there's a guide on how to do all the Ulduar drake meta achievements solo as a monk, among many other tips on soloing content including Firelands.

    What I'd like to see is Kalecgos in SWP soloable, that way my upcoming hunter alt can go for the sweet legendary bow solo.
    Last edited by GarGar; 2012-11-15 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Link

  12. #32
    Herald of the Titans Kuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City of Judgement
    Posts
    2,854
    I like my DK the most for soloing. Don't even have to be blood, frost solos just as well. At least for most TBC and WOTLK raids. Cata raids would require a blood spec I think.

    My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!


  13. #33
    High Overlord Dsfunctional's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I like my DK the most for soloing. Don't even have to be blood, frost solos just as well. At least for most TBC and WOTLK raids. Cata raids would require a blood spec I think.
    I haven't tried running any of the Cata raids as Frost. But I have been clearing the 5 mans with my Frost DK, mainly just for the mounts from Stonecore and the Vortex Pinnacle. I must say, it is extremely simple and quick.

  14. #34
    Blood Death Knight easily.

  15. #35
    Field Marshal sweatshopkids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Computer
    Posts
    95
    Any class and player that's capable of killing anything while living. As long as you can survive and kill things, you're good to go.

    I hope this thread doesn't turn into a trollfest about which class is better than the other.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by sweatshopkids View Post
    Any class and player that's capable of killing anything while living. As long as you can survive and kill things, you're good to go.

    I hope this thread doesn't turn into a trollfest about which class is better than the other.
    That... is the whole point of the thread. Some classes can stomp through old content, some classes couldn't solo an old boss if they had to. He was asking what is best for it.

  17. #37
    My Guardian druid has soloed all Dungeon Content through MoP, even some heroic stuff based on the mechanics. I would venture to say at lvl cap, you will now have 3x the health you did previously making any 3man dungeoning as solo a real possibility. How skilled you are and how well you know your class will determine how far you get. Some classes like Pally, DK, and Druid might look easier with self heals.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    I solo all of BT (including RoS) on my monk each week for the Warglaives. WW has pretty strong self heals and decent defensive capabilities if properly glyphed. There's also a Monk Solo Thread here where there's a guide on how to do all the Ulduar drake meta achievements solo as a monk, among many other tips on soloing content including Firelands.

    What I'd like to see is Kalecgos in SWP soloable, that way my upcoming hunter alt can go for the sweet legendary bow solo.
    Kalec is resetable and does not have to be killed to progress further into Sunwell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •