Thread: Help my DpS

Help my DpS

I know I am a good player, but for some reason I feel my dps is no where near it should be. I am 2H Frost and my priority is: diseases>KM-OB>Rime>OB>FS
    I think my real problem by lye in my reforging or gemming.

Armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kever/advanced

Logs
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uew4hpiz8gida8em/

Tonight I did 130k on 25m normal Elagon which I feel should be a lot higher with my gear.
    72k on 25m normal Garajal.

Help please.

P.S - does anyone know if Elvui has a swing timer somewhere?
    Last edited by LCDArcade; 2012-11-15 at 08:38 AM.

Try dropping expertise and some hit, return haste. Dont think you can do that too much by reforging, your gear just has a rather rubbish itemization.
    Considering you only got Starshatter 2 hours ago you must have done the fight with a lower weapon, so I wouldnt call 130k low.

I dont think ElvUI has a swing timer, I couldnt find one either.

Deleted
    A few of small things I saw on your armory are the leg enchant, bracer enchant and boot enchant, you have the cheap leg enchant on tier legs, which makes me sad. You're using 170 mastery enchant on bracers instead of 180 strength and you're using the haste boot enchant, you should get Pandarens step (140 mastery + movement speed) as frost with this enchant and deaths advance your movement speed in frost presence is 119% instead of 110% and that makes a big difference, especially on a fight like Elegon where you have to move out to reset your stacks.
    Last edited by mmoc85689722f4; 2012-11-15 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    try asking mr robot at askmrrobot.com

Deleted
    I'm just looking at your logs too, a few things that stand out, your AotD only did 1mil damage, are you saving it for the last phase? also you only used Pillar of frost 4 times over an 8 minute fight, It should be used on CD and lastly you only used AMS once, you should be using it much more to gain the extra runic power.

Edit: Just seen that you cast an icy touch on a celestial protector, there's no reason to do this as HB applies frost fever and does more damage. And I forgot to mention that this post was about Elegon only.
    Last edited by mmoc85689722f4; 2012-11-15 at 10:02 AM.

Your dps isn't that bad.

Replace Jade Cahrioteer Figurine with a Relix of Xuen. Replace your shoudlers with the 489 Rep ones. Get your 180 str enchant on bracers, get Pnadaren's step on your boots.

Downlaod the addon reforgelite to perfectly do your reforging.

Change your spec to include Plague Leech.

Other than this your performance is pretty decent and you juts need to try stack CDs better i.e. refreshing your diseases while CDs are up etc, stacking Pillar/Relic/Leishi/Pot/Lust.

Deleted
    You're always above 85th percentile so you are not doing that wrong (with your gear, as you said, you should do better tho). Just follow advices on the above posts (drop expertise, change enchants, better CD usage, etc) and you'll do better.

P.S. Rime>KM OB

I'd say there's not much wrong with your gemming/reforging/etc.

You're doing well on some fights but not others. I'd examine those fights you don't do so well on to see if there's a way to improve your uptime on the boss or improve your cooldown use. Sometimes the specific way your guild does a boss may conflict with the best way for your class and spec to get high DPS. You can either take that up with the guild or just suck it up. I go with the latter when that happens, because as long as the bosses are dying, I really don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn bro, checked your wow heros profile and you haven't parsed a single fight not even in mid +100; how long have you had the 2 piece tier set? I would watch some of the latest videos on youtube and learn from that to get better and faster, also if you are not using a MMO mouse when you play, think about getting a razer naga or the like, it will help a lot. I hope you are not a clicker.
    Last edited by Laroux; 2012-11-15 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshi View Post
    I'm just looking at your logs too, a few things that stand out, your AotD only did 1mil damage, are you saving it for the last phase? also you only used Pillar of frost 4 times over an 8 minute fight, It should be used on CD and lastly you only used AMS once, you should be using it much more to gain the extra runic power.

Edit: Just seen that you cast an icy touch on a celestial protector, there's no reason to do this as HB applies frost fever and does more damage. And I forgot to mention that this post was about Elegon only.
    Usually I pop AotD inside with buff right before the fight starts, is it really better to use it in phase 3? Also I am using the a macro to cast Pillar, BF, and RD at the same time. Thanks for the tips about enchants too.

Yes use AoD on the 2nd transition when you're waiting for the platform to spawn. It'll do an extra 3-4M damage.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    It'll do an extra 3-4M damage.
    Why is that though?

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Why is that though?
    Because Elegon takes 100% increased damage, based on stacks. Army just doubles on damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Why is that though?
    When you kill sparks Elegon get a debuff which increases damage taken for 10% every spark Elegon spawned (so if you kill 5 sparks Elegon takes 60% damage increased) so in the third phase Elegon, if you did everything right, should take from 100% to 120% damage increased... So it's better to use AotD in the last phase. Even if Elegon wouldn't have such a debuff you should use it there to make the 3rd phase shorter.

This is what happens when you line up PoF, LotDM, IBW, Pot, Lust and AotD with 12 stacks.

If you'd pop AotD at the start of the fight you'd do the "usual" 200k/250k dps burst.

If you look at my parse here: Elegon 25n 15nov
    You can see my AotD did 3200100 damage, while yours in the log in the OP did 1067543. Thats ~4k free dps just for pressing it later.

Deleted
    That's actually really good to know. I just started raiding on my DK and I still have to go for my first Elegon NM try. Really nice to know that I can squeeze out some more dps to not stand there like a total beginner.