View Poll Results: Anyone "not" impressed with this Storm Legion?

Voters
213. This poll is closed
  • I'm not impressed

25 11.74%
  • Very impressed

103 48.36%
  • Haven't got it.

85 39.91%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My only complaint(s) is the leveling path and rate. I don't mind slow going. The longer the leveling process lasts for me, the better. Once I hit cap, the majority of the world is just an obstacle between me and loot. What I do take issue with is the clarity of the leveling path. With limited planarite, I can only participate in Hunt Rifts I come across (opened one of them myself), and between those, regular rifts, and the various forms of quests, I'm still quickly outleveling zones.

At 52 I'd already completed Cape Jule, City Core, and parts of Pelladane. When I jumped (literally) from City Core to Eastern Holdings, I was in a new world that seemed above the expectations for someone my level. Having to kill progression and go back to quest in past zones is a bit of a buzzkill.

Oh, while I'm here, I'll ask: For anyone who completed City Core and moved on to E.H., did anyone else having a hard time finding the bunker after that Prince comes and saves you from the cannibals? He's like "Follow me to the bunker!" and then just despawns. Took some effort to find out where the hell I was meant to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Also, Hunt Rifts are kinda lame.
    Doubt that you've done more than the first tier, and given that there are six tiers, let's wait and see? Only the top tier will end up being what we do consistently anyway, so I'd judge by those.

Deleted
    Im not impressed i dont even play Rift. I visualized in my mind playing it and it was bad so im giving it a review of 2/10.
    The fact is that the vast majority ( 90% to 96% ) is bored about the game.

P.S ( so this is what it feels like ...)

Don't play it? Don't post here about it
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-15 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsbefair View Post
    Im not impressed i dont even play Rift. I visualized in my mind playing it and it was bad so im giving it a review of 2/10.
    The fact is that the vast majority ( 90% to 96% ) is bored about the game.

P.S ( so this is what it feels like ...)
    Good for you, we hope you have fun in your own imaginary game in your head

PS you should give it a try you might surprise yourself

I'm only level 51 but I'll complain...

1) The only SL dungeon I have available is the one I've been running for two weeks already as a reward for pre-ordering. I have no desire to run it. I would have liked to see another dungeon available at the lower end for a chance at superior rewards over questing.

2) The story quests are getting well beyond my level. I started on Cape Jule and cleared the quests there and in City Core. I'm now in Eastern Holdings where the mob levels are 53-56. I thought the idea of two continents was the option to choose which one I level on. It seems I'll have to quest on both to keep my level with the zone quests. It's a bit annoying as I haven't been making a beeline to finish the story quests quickly. I've stopped and smelled the roses with hunt rifts, regular rifts, invasions, carnage quests, item pickup quests, instant adventures, and defend the turret dailies. It's the complete opposite of the problem I had with Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    He He - Only in Rift do we complain to Trion - "Guys, slow down - there's too much."
    To be fair, MoP is getting the same complaint in a way. I haven't even tried Rift, not at all, but glad to hear they're doing some good stuff. I did snag the game and got a free copy/install, but haven't activated to give it a run (I was trying to wrap up a couple console games at the time).

Good words on Rift (or any MMO, really) makes me happy. I shall have to try it out sometime!

It seems pretty decent. I really like the variation of things to do. The quests do seem a bit tedious to me but I think that goes into my next point and that is I'm not a fan of the combat (to be fair to Rift, I don't like typical mmo combat in general). With so many kill quests and basically everything revolved around combat, well that can be a problem if you aren't a fan of the combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Somewhat mixed to be honest.

The leveling rate just seems too slow. Though this could be me as I hate leveling up in games at this point. So every second I am not 60 is agony.

Also, Hunt Rifts are kinda lame.
    Kinda how I feel, I'm enjoying the storylines and the quests, but it feels a bit slow at places.

Hunt Rifts I enjoyed.

I can't really choose any of those choices though. It isn't a bad expansion, but at the same time, I'm not going OMG about it.
    Last edited by Requiemcliff; 2012-11-15 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    didn't even realize it was released... damn you mop

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to play Rift, even though I have it among my game collection. One day, when I actually have time off, I might move out of the bubble that is World of Warcraft.

I am not impressed, I am fucking blown away. Very impressed does not begin to describe it, but that's where I placed my vote anyway.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I am impressed with the expansion, but the leveling is a bit of a ball ache. The amount of XP required per level is way too high. Mobs and quests are too thinly spread, you spend more time dismounting and remounting and being sent back and forth across the map than is remotely enjoyable, and there are carnage quests for just about everything. Mob health and damage scales far faster than your own, so that by the time you're half way to 60 it literally takes 2-3 times as long to kill a mob, and you're not going to be able to grab more than 2-3 at a time (and I'm in full ID gear). That said, grabbing 2-3 at a time is often a challenge because mobs in some areas are spread so far apart. I genuinely feel that as many as four zones could have been locked off for use in future patches or reserved for endgame only content (like EI) and all the questing to level crammed into the other zones. Two whole continents to do just ten levels, when we had one continent to do 50 levels, kinda gives you an idea of how thinly spread across zones the leveling content is.

The story line quests are fun and interesting though, the zones are beautiful and the whole feeling of everything being new and exciting again is keeping me going.
    I gotta say, while I've only made it to like 2 bubbles away from 53 (yeah I'm a slow one!).... I do find the prospect of having like 4+ max level zones to be utterly awesome. Just imagine the amount of stuff we'll be able to do that will be relevant after hitting 60!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post

1) The only SL dungeon I have available is the one I've been running for two weeks already as a reward for pre-ordering. I have no desire to run it. I would have liked to see another dungeon available at the lower end for a chance at superior rewards over questing.

2) The story quests are getting well beyond my level. I started on Cape Jule and cleared the quests there and in City Core. I'm now in Eastern Holdings where the mob levels are 53-56. I thought the idea of two continents was the option to choose which one I level on. It seems I'll have to quest on both to keep my level with the zone quests. It's a bit annoying as I haven't been making a beeline to finish the story quests quickly. I've stopped and smelled the roses with hunt rifts, regular rifts, invasions, carnage quests, item pickup quests, instant adventures, and defend the turret dailies. It's the complete opposite of the problem I had with Cata.
    Had the same issue with point number two, but it was a lot of fun o go back to pelladane, doing the story quest chains are so much fun, I like that its non-linear and I have total mobility and control over how I level. I do agree about the dungeon, stormbreaker protocol opens up at 52.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

I know many complain about quest hubs and grinding for leveling, But i miss centralized quest hubs. They (quest hubs) made questing much easier, faster and less of a pain. The worst part to me is everyone leveling in the same area makes getting some quest objectives fairly difficult to complete that are not mob killing quests.

I love the game and the way it feels when i play, but i wouldnt mind if i could just pick up quests and plow through to 60. I am not very far in, But i do love the look of the first zone.

I wish i had more time to play, but college is not being very friendly to my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Had the same issue with point number two, but it was a lot of fun o go back to pelladane, doing the story quest chains are so much fun, I like that its non-linear and I have total mobility and control over how I level. I do agree about the dungeon, stormbreaker protocol opens up at 52.
    I've already IA'd in Pelladane, but my hope was I could avoid it completely and go that route on my first alt so I could have a small amount of newness and joy with questing my second time through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post

Frankly I think leveling across both zones and jumping in between zones helps a lot with keeping you from getting bored. ;p Might be a bit less speedy, but let's be honest, world first 60 hit quite a while ago, most shards probably have gotten at least a few 60s now. There's no rush. :P

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    To be fair, MoP is getting the same complaint in a way. I haven't even tried Rift, not at all, but glad to hear they're doing some good stuff. I did snag the game and got a free copy/install, but haven't activated to give it a run (I was trying to wrap up a couple console games at the time).

Good words on Rift (or any MMO, really) makes me happy. I shall have to try it out sometime!
    Intriguing, most of my friends who are still playing WoW/went back for MoP, are complaining about being bored, but most don't want to try Rift because they OD'd on WoW, and think ODing on one MMORPG means they shouldn't just move or anything, give up on ALL MMORPGs because they went overboard on one. Sigh. Damn shame.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had much time to play, have had bitch ass bandits on my DayZ server messy'en up my day....

But from what Ive read, I have come to the opinion that the slow leveling has something to do with the amount of leveling options. Trion probably doesnt want people to level through the content so fast that they miss all of the hard work they put into the game. Something that Blizzard, I think, has always regretted.

Sometimes I feel bad for Blizzard. They spend a lot of time and effort, but all their players just want to blast to endgame. Then they complain that there isnt enough. The only time I had to agree was in Cata, but all the other expansions had tons of content in the leveling process. Cant say much for MoP, got bored after hitting 86. Not the games fault, Im just done with WoW and thought a expac would change my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a questing nerd for WoW lore... I found what they did with Cataclysm pretty amazing - it was the endgame content that was horrid. I loved questing in all of the renewed zones pretty much (completed almost all of them) and then all of the new zones except for Uldum... too much sand.
    "A flower.

Only just hit 51 last night and while I agree that the experience required to get there was vast, I'm not really complaining about that. Definitely going to take my time with it and just play the game. I came back after a year to play so I'm not decked out in any sort of raid gear (one piece of T1). For me, it does feel akin to TBC. Not AS awe-inspiring as when I first walked into HFP, but it's definitely close and having just reached Tempest Bay, I'm definitely looking forward to getting my raid on with this expansion (much like how I avoided it in Vanilla WoW, but jumped in in TBC).

All in all, very much enjoying it...and the Harbinger soul .

Deleted
    I'm very impressed! The content so far is awesome! The only complaint I have so far is that the leveling seems kinda.. Slow..
    Oh boy it will take long time for a casual player like me to hit 60, but it doesn't really matter since I'm having lot's of fun leveling!
    I wouldn't mind if they reduced the experience needed a little bit thou, but I bet alot of other people would be against that idea..
    Last edited by mmoc37d8d80d18; 2012-11-15 at 08:40 PM.