View Poll Results: Anyone "not" impressed with this Storm Legion?

Voters
213. This poll is closed
  • I'm not impressed

25 11.74%
  • Very impressed

103 48.36%
  • Haven't got it.

85 39.91%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Oh wait is the exp divided as well?

Hooray! 11,000 posts... TITAN title, earned.
    Yes, don't remember exactly how though, think it was Elrar who explained it on official forums.

Gz on 11k. =)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Yes, don't remember exactly how though, think it was Elrar who explained it on official forums.

Gz on 11k. =)
    This is an outrage! NO ONE CAN TAG MY MOBS!!! ALL MINE!!!

Thanks. :P My life has been leading up to this point.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I did a quick summary / made comments video last night.

I didn't realize how much stuff had been added. I left a lot of things out. Also, I didn't realize I had such a bad lissssp - I was getting on my own nerves as I always go over it afterwards listening for errors I made (I found a few) - think I need to add less treble to the mic and get some editing software. This mostly impromptu review thing is a bit stressful.

This is just a fan video and you can, (for a brief while) see these videos if you click my sig or go to the Video Sticky section - if I've changed my sig.

I don't make money off YouTube. I just do this as a fan of games in general.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saycheese View Post
    Honestly, if they are tired of WoW then they won't be enjoying themselves that much more in Rift since they are very similar.
    That's your opinion but I found it to be quite the opposite myself. I enjoy mmorpgs. I've played all the major ones since I started in the original EQ. 7 years in Wow and it gets boring. That's longer than most people stay at a job or stay married. I found Rift to be a refreshing change and Wow to more of a business now than an actual game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    That's your opinion but I found it to be quite the opposite myself. I enjoy mmorpgs. I've played all the major ones since I started in the original EQ. 7 years in Wow and it gets boring. That's longer than most people stay at a job or stay married. I found Rift to be a refreshing change and Wow to more of a business now than an actual game.
    Yeah, I don't want to go into game vs game, but I honestly find Rift quite refreshing. Even the dailies are so damn varied, it is hard to get bored. There always seems to be a daily pug for Rifts, PvP Rifts, Epic Quest Lines, Raids (obviously not for these at the moment), Hunting Raids, or something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Yeah, I don't want to go into game vs game, but I honestly find Rift quite refreshing. Even the dailies are so damn varied, it is hard to get bored. There always seems to be a daily pug for Rifts, PvP Rifts, Epic Quest Lines, Raids (obviously not for these at the moment), Hunting Raids, or something to do.
    Funny you mention this. Yesterday, I set out to do my 60 dailes in Ashora and Steppes. A simple task, should take roughly 30-45 minutes. Took me like 4 hours because I ended up doing a Zone Event that popped in the middle of Ashora dailies, a couple Onslaughts I passed by that people were doing so did the daily for IS, saw a Hunt Rift group forming and I had a couple lures I needed to use so I joined them for a bit, another Zone Event popped, guild dropped a rally banner......

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Funny you mention this. Yesterday, I set out to do my 60 dailes in Ashora and Steppes. A simple task, should take roughly 30-45 minutes. Took me like 4 hours because I ended up doing a Zone Event that popped in the middle of Ashora dailies, a couple Onslaughts I passed by that people were doing so did the daily for IS, saw a Hunt Rift group forming and I had a couple lures I needed to use so I joined them for a bit, another Zone Event popped, guild dropped a rally banner......
    And this is coming from someone who said they were taking a day off after the long push to 60. Shit's addicting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    And this is coming from someone who said they were taking a day off after the long push to 60. Shit's addicting.
    Heh you speak the truth. I took off Sunday evening after my push to 60. Got up this morning for work and had bags under my eyes but got about 10 solid of hours of sleep. I'm ready to tear up some of the max level content when I get home.

It's quite the spectacle to see these huge parades of 50 to 100 people running from rifts to zone events. It's great to see the open world so alive with people and stuff going on they've certainly got a winning formula for a player interactive MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    How's leveling like in Rift at higher levels (and mainly in SL)? Does it take multiple hours to reach a new level like in WoW: MoP where the xp requirements simply got out of hand or are the xp requirements more balanced (closer to GW2 than MoP, or any traditional MMO/RPG)? Do you have to do like 100 quests for a level up at the higher levels, or otherwise are you feeling like you aren't advancing at all?

I'm just worried if the last level grind is the same in Rift as it's in WoW. I never leveled a character high enough in Rift to know by myself, always quited around lvl 20, but it was not Rift's fault, but WoW's.
    If you play effectively I think it's a little faster than WoW, but 50-60 is quite a bit slower than 40-50 was. I don't mind it tho, these giant new zones hide a lot of awesomesauce. But it takes multiple hours each level for sure. I think I've seen quest deliveries give between 1-3% of the entire level, but then you also gain quite a bit from doing the quests. And not to mention all the crazy shit you do between the quests.
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    How's leveling like in Rift at higher levels (and mainly in SL)? Does it take multiple hours to reach a new level like in WoW: MoP where the xp requirements simply got out of hand or are the xp requirements more balanced (closer to GW2 than MoP, or any traditional MMO/RPG)? Do you have to do like 100 quests for a level up at the higher levels, or otherwise are you feeling like you aren't advancing at all?

I'm just worried if the last level grind is the same in Rift as it's in WoW. I never leveled a character high enough in Rift to know by myself, always quited around lvl 20, but it was not Rift's fault, but WoW's.
    1-10 you can get though in a few hours
    10-30ish - About an hour each level
    30-50 - Not too bad either, 1-2 hours per level maybe
    50-55 - 2-4 hours per level
    55-57 - 3-5
    58-60 - 4-6

All of 1-50 can be done in ~48 hours /played for an average player
    50-60 can be done in ~48 hours /played as evident by the world firsters out there. A more average player is probably closer to ~72-96, may go down as tweaks are made and there are more people at the higher levels(57+) to do things with.

50-60 takes longer than 1-50.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post

50-60 takes longer than 1-50.
    This is extremely true. If you are doing IA's and Hunt Rifts to get to 60, then it is dragging bad right now. The IA experience is nothing short of pitiful. This level drag is why I stopped bothering with the BETA's.

They need to un nerf the veterans vials from 10% up to 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    This is extremely true. If you are doing IA's and Hunt Rifts to get to 60, then it is dragging bad right now. The IA experience is nothing short of pitiful. This level drag is why I stopped bothering with the BETA's.

I leveled from 55-56 in something like 3 hours doing nothing but Hunt Rifts in Eastern Holding. Grab a friggin' AoE spec and tear things up. The XP gains for HRs are amazing if you're tagging enough mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post

They don't need to un-nerf anything. It is fine as it is. People, myself and several other posters here included, are already 60. If they made it take less, we'd chew through the content faster than they could release it, which is bad. They release content at a good pace and make the content they do take long enough to keep you entertained until new content comes out. I fully expect casuals to take 1-2 months, if not more, to level. This is not a bad thing, it means there is plenty of content to keep people busy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I have had sometime to sink my teeth into SL, holyz shiz this xpac is awesome!

I honestly never had this much fun in chocolate and I haven't had this much fun in a xpac since Wrath. Very well done imo.

My only complaint so far is that I cant seem to find a group that will finish a dungeon hahaha. Queues are definitely long right now for dps, but people dont seem to care much for dungeons which is sad. Did the Storm Breaker Protocol and was blown away! Too bad we didnt get that last boss down though =/

Oh and ShockTrooper is sooo much fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Now that I have had sometime to sink my teeth into SL, holyz shiz this xpac is awesome!

I honestly never had this much fun in chocolate and I haven't had this much fun in a xpac since Wrath. Very well done imo.

My only complaint so far is that I cant seem to find a group that will finish a dungeon hahaha. Queues are definitely long right now for dps, but people dont seem to care much for dungeons which is sad. Did the Storm Breaker Protocol and was blown away! Too bad we didnt get that last boss down though =/

Oh and ShockTrooper is sooo much fun.
    You'll see a big increase in dungeons once the leveling process is done for most people and they start running the expert versions of the dungeons which offer better rewards. I didn't que for a single dungeon while leveling since I could level more efficiently in the world then struggling with dungeons that no one knows the mechanics for as of yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saycheese View Post
    Honestly, if they are tired of WoW then they won't be enjoying themselves that much more in Rift since they are very similar.
    Is that your opinion after trying the game cos I have two work colleague's who have played wow for years and were bored people kept telling them they were just burnt out on mmo's I suggested rift and now have 2 ascend a friend's who are having a blast and have bought SL and they aren't even lvl 50 yet.

We have just been told at work we are getting a bonus, one of the guys has just said he will be getting a yearly sub on payday, he loves minecraft and dimensions have got their claws into him
    Last edited by mmoc3b8273e75c; 2012-11-20 at 01:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    You'll see a big increase in dungeons once the leveling process is done for most people and they start running the expert versions of the dungeons which offer better rewards. I didn't que for a single dungeon while leveling since I could level more efficiently in the world then struggling with dungeons that no one knows the mechanics for as of yet.
    Dungeons are horrible right now because of the lack of tank gear while questing. Plus many people queueing as support are strictly dps. I'm 3 for 7 on completing a dungeon right now. I expect it to be much better like you said when we hit experts because there will be strict requirements before we can queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Dungeons are horrible right now because of the lack of tank gear while questing. Plus many people queueing as support are strictly dps. I'm 3 for 7 on completing a dungeon right now. I expect it to be much better like you said when we hit experts because there will be strict requirements before we can queue.
    I have had this problem as well, and admittedly am guilty of queing as Support then being DPS. I did set up Bard now so that won't happen anymore though. I have not yet been able to complete a dungeon either. Tanks are too squishy, or healers are in leveling specs not good healing specs. It's just a mess. I am sure it will be better once there are more 60s that start actually working on end game specs instead of leveling specs. In the mean time, I am working on the 2 reps I see as valuable and Hunt Rifts.

I've completed Exodus, but not Protocol yet. I had one group in Protocol that would probably have cleared the place if not for the event after the third boss bugging out and not resetting for us.

I did Exodus last night as a healer and it can be pretty crazy. Third boss we wiped on half a dozen times. First was support not actually playing support. Then had some issues with interrupts, cocoons and some pretty big spikes on the tank. I was blowing every cooldown I had and it finally just clicked. We then had a few attempts on the waves. I was getting heal aggro early and then promptly eaten by bugs. We had one attempt with two tanks (to better get aggro on them all) and got further but the group was tired and ended up disbanding.

That said, I'm still having a blast.