Concerning spec on Garalon and reforges.

I have read what I could find concerning warlock stat weight etc.Did numerous sims and although I pull out as affliction quite A LOT (compared to my gear level) I didn't seem to manage to pull that much damage tonight on Garalon.My dps was around 50kish (which was even worse than aweful tbh since I've been seen hitting elegon for 120k) but there are some variables to be considered.I was assigned to kite garalon with the pheromones (so I was quite a lot out of range) and I was getting wired on dotting all the legs etc.Now my build was single target oriented (went for gosac) and wanted to give it a few tries with perhaps gosup for the observer but the raid was called until tomorrow.My question is (because I went for 8% hit haste tried to cap it to 6637) but I saw quite a few misses but nothing noticeable since with the same reforges I pull out a lot higher dps.So going with multi dotting all the legs works better for our class?If that's the case gosup could also work (I guess)?Because there really is no time to channel grasp a lot (with kiting pheromones nevertheless).Link to my warlock is below on my signature.Thanks in advance for taking some time to help me.
    Last edited by Plwmar; 2012-11-15 at 02:56 PM.

Your title says Garajal but the info in your text is talking about Garalon.

I get about 85k with kiting. Stay somewhere at the side the boss (one that is closer to the center of the room) , between two legs. If they spawn - get into circle and focus them, ignore legs that are on the other side. If no legs are up - nuke boss. I do not think reforge can be the problem here, it's more about positioning and minimizing movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post
    Your title says Garajal but the info in your text is talking about Garalon.
    Oh God thank you very much Ravon.Sorry it was kinda late and was discussing Garajal hc with a friend right at that moment so got kinda lost.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    I get about 85k with kiting. Stay somewhere at the side the boss (one that is closer to the center of the room) , between two legs. If they spawn - get into circle and focus them, ignore legs that are on the other side. If no legs are up - nuke boss. I do not think reforge can be the problem here, it's more about positioning and minimizing movement.
    Thank you for your response mate.I will give it a shot tonight because multidotting every leg didn't help me at all.I will suggest so to the leader and perhaps work something out.

Deleted
    Problem with this fight, is people are trying to maximise their dps to reach numbers they are seeing a rogue or mage doing. You won't do that.

The main why to increase your (rcount) dmg on this fight, is to stand is leg zone, and focus on that leg until its dead.
    BuT, as a warlock, it shouldn't really be your job. 10 or 25. There are much better classes for legs, and locks don't need to chase them. They CAN chase them, but theres classes that are much better at it because of the cleave mechanics. If you have a rogue for example, he is loosing a TON of dps of there is only 1 leg up and that hinders overall raid dmg.

Warlocks : be comfortable standing middle of the room, focusing on keeping perfect uptime of the body, and multidotting legs when in range. If the dmg increase circle passes in front of you ... sure, step and apply your dots on the leg ... but it's not really your job to get legs down.

Once our raiders ralised this, kill was much smoother.
    Oh and 10 man version is LOOOOOOOL compared to 25, jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    Warlocks : be comfortable standing middle of the room, focusing on keeping perfect uptime of the body, and multidotting legs when in range. If the dmg increase circle passes in front of you ... sure, step and apply your dots on the leg ... but it's not really your job to get legs down.
    Think of things this way: if you can do 90-100k on patchwerk, you'll be able to do more than that on him just standing still and dotting legs. Sure you can probably get 150k+ by working your way around circles, but doing so reduces raid DPS (takes away from cleave) and is suboptimal (since only so many people can kill the legs at once) compared to simply having melee, who don't have a movement penalty, taking care of the legs.

Also kiting always means bad DPS, affliction locks are really, really hurt by movement. You can use Kil'jaeden's Cunning to help, but personally I think until 5.1 it won't be really worth it (perhaps by then it might help for heroic mode if you haven't killed it yet). Otherwise just focus single-target, and realize that once 5.1 hits it will be much easier to inflate the rankings, without penalty to the raid.