Thread: rift and bots?

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    rift and bots?

    hey guys. i love to do rbg in WoW but the bots are just killing it (in the moring there more bots then non bots in most bgs)
    and that is just killing the fun. so how is rift handeling bots? are there alot of them around? or is trion actualy banning the people that do bot?

    might jump to the otherside if it has alot of less bots.

  2. #2
    It has less bots because it also has less subs....

  3. #3
    Fluffy Kitten Azuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,495
    Ignore uopayroll he doesn't even play the game as per his post history. Bots, gold sellers, spam etc have always been well controlled by Trion.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

  4. #4
    Warchief theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,084
    Coin-lock pretty much seems to reduce most hacking in Rift, and hence, reduces most bots.

    I have never seen a bot in Rift.

    Hack, can't remember the time I last saw a gold spammer on my server. You report, they get banned.
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.comyou-tube: Wocky GAMING
    Recent Video ★ ENTER the Wocky - an introduction
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    Wocky "unplugged" YouTube (Real Life)Steam Games List"


  5. #5
    good:P that sounds wonderfull:P now i just need to find the right class/soul and i'm off to go.

  6. #6
    It has bots but its not very noticable.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Ignore uopayroll he doesn't even play the game as per his post history. Bots, gold sellers, spam etc have always been well controlled by Trion.
    PLay the game or not, my post is valid. If Rift ever becomes big and popular to a broader base, it will attract attention and get more bots. Right now, WoW gold and whatnot is a larger market so that is where the bots go, since they do it for money etc...

    Supply and demand....there is not the same demand right now for Rift. Whether or not there will ever be remains to be seen.

  8. #8
    OP says rbg and complains about bots. what's the point of running bots in rbgs?

  9. #9
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,102
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    PLay the game or not, my post is valid. If Rift ever becomes big and popular to a broader base, it will attract attention and get more bots. Right now, WoW gold and whatnot is a larger market so that is where the bots go, since they do it for money etc...

    Supply and demand....there is not the same demand right now for Rift. Whether or not there will ever be remains to be seen.
    Post more constructively in the first place next time, perhaps?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    OP says rbg and complains about bots. what's the point of running bots in rbgs?
    the rbg stands for random bg and not rated bg. and the reason they run random bgs is because they get exp and gear from it.
    they can even get there epic gear this way.

  11. #11
    Pandaren Monk Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post

    Supply and demand....there is not the same demand right now for Rift
    Pssst, the reason why you don't have 'Gold' sellers/spammers in Rift is that the "currencies" used to upgrade/buy gear at end game drops from doing Rifts/invasions/Onslaughts/Carnage quests etc and is all BoP, so money like Platinum and Gold is basically useless in Rift, except to buy your mount(s)

    But of course if you even played Rift you'd know all this

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,049
    I have yet to see a gold seller or bot in my 4 months of playing. There's not a lot of necessity for money in this game. Unlike Wow where you were cash strapped to buy your epic mounts, flying, etc I never found myself in that situation yet. Plus with a subscriber difference of possibly 10-1 most farmers will target the F2P games or Wow instead.

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Ignore uopayroll he doesn't even play the game as per his post history. Bots, gold sellers, spam etc have always been well controlled by Trion.
    yes it is easy to control a few botters because there is less total Rift players compared to WoW or GW2 overall. Think of percentages. 1000 botters in WoW is like 10 botters in Rift so yea it is easy to "control" that

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 05:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    the rbg stands for random bg and not rated bg. and the reason they run random bgs is because they get exp and gear from it.
    they can even get there epic gear this way.
    actually RBG in WoW community stands for Rated not Random. Random BG's are just called BG's. if you say RBG to a WoW players maybe only the noobs will answer you random the rest will say rated
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    yes it is easy to control a few botters because there is less total Rift players compared to WoW or GW2 overall. Think of percentages. 1000 botters in WoW is like 10 botters in Rift so yea it is easy to "control" that

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 05:34 PM ----------



    actually RBG in WoW community stands for Rated not Random. Random BG's are just called BG's. if you say RBG to a WoW players maybe only the noobs will answer you random the rest will say rated
    You sir, are totally right.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    yes it is easy to control a few botters because there is less total Rift players compared to WoW or GW2 overall. Think of percentages. 1000 botters in WoW is like 10 botters in Rift so yea it is easy to "control" that

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 05:34 PM ----------



    actually RBG in WoW community stands for Rated not Random. Random BG's are just called BG's. if you say RBG to a WoW players maybe only the noobs will answer you random the rest will say rated
    That should not be an excuse for Blizzard as I'm sure they make just as much more money and could invest in dealing with the botters if they cared more about players than profit margins.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    That should not be an excuse for Blizzard as I'm sure they make just as much more money and could invest in dealing with the botters if they cared more about players than profit margins.
    It makes perfect sense. When you find a cheater you then need to figure out how they are doing it. Recreate it, detect it, monitor for false positives and then finally ban. Blizzard proactively bans thousands of accounts at a time. 30k for glidebot, 10k archy bot.

    When you're about to ban 20k accounts at once you better be damn sure you're correct or people will want your heads. Scale it down to Rift's population and you may be banning 20 accounts. You still want to error on the side of caution because no one likes to get falsely banned but the customer service impact is minimal.

    A cheater pisses everyone off and loses more business by upset customers than the profit you lose by banning a bot.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    hey guys. i love to do rbg in WoW but the bots are just killing it (in the moring there more bots then non bots in most bgs)
    and that is just killing the fun. so how is rift handeling bots? are there alot of them around? or is trion actualy banning the people that do bot?

    might jump to the otherside if it has alot of less bots.
    The majority of bots in Rift seems to be fishing bots, never really see any other bots.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It makes perfect sense. When you find a cheater you then need to figure out how they are doing it. Recreate it, detect it, monitor for false positives and then finally ban. Blizzard proactively bans thousands of accounts at a time. 30k for glidebot, 10k archy bot.

    When you're about to ban 20k accounts at once you better be damn sure you're correct or people will want your heads. Scale it down to Rift's population and you may be banning 20 accounts. You still want to error on the side of caution because no one likes to get falsely banned but the customer service impact is minimal.

    A cheater pisses everyone off and loses more business by upset customers than the profit you lose by banning a bot.
    Blizzard doesn't ban 20k accounts at once, they ban like 4 and a half.
    See, you're not the only one who can pull numbers out of your ass.
    Last edited by Ighox; 2012-11-14 at 09:19 PM.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    The majority of bots in Rift seems to be fishing bots, never really see any other bots.




    Blizzard doesn't ban 20k accounts at once, they ban like 4 and a half.
    See, you're not the only one who can pull numbers out of your ass.
    11/12/2008 - 350k D2 and Starcraft accounts banned. Escapist.
    4/20/2010 - 320,000 D2 and W3 accounts banned. Escapist.
    5/2006 - 30,000 Wow accounts banned. http://arstechnica.com/uncategorized/2006/06/7033-2/
    3/2011 - Estimated 10,000 bans due to the Pirox Archy bot. Everyone using it got banned. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...15417?page=1#2

    The Fishing bot ban wave. Multiple glide got ban waves. There's been two Diablo 3 ban waves also.

    You can google and find more yourself.

  19. #19
    Quoting a ban wave from 6 years ago and then the latest one which only targeted archeology probably the only bot program which doesn't affect other players is not good, I read the forums for PvP I still have wow on my computer after 5 years of playing it I read here to see if things have changed that might bring me back and blizzards response of we are working on it is bull. I used the in game report function about a bot for nearly two years it was logged on 24 hours a day casting the same sequence without change and you know what that character is still on the armory that is 4 years after I was reporting it constantly. Has it taken blizz 6 years to track a bot program I doubt it

  20. #20
    Pit Lord HBpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Newport Mesa, Ca
    Posts
    2,343
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    It has less bots because it also has less subs....
    No, it isn't. You should probably learn more about MMOs before posting nonsense.

    Its an issue that is poorly controlled by Blizzard. Coin lock and the value of plat being far less than the tokens (or whatever) you get only by actually playing the game are the main reasons Rift doesn't have these issues. Not to mention tighter in-game control by Trion.

    I've played more than a few half-dead F2P MMOs that are nothing but gold spamming in chat so your point is moot.
    Atheist, anti-theist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-gay rights, anti-war, anti-corporatism.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •