Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    Hey,

    So I've been in this guild since beggining of DS. In that time I was recruit ofc and got loot in case members/officers pass it. Was ok with that.
    But now in MoP, I have the same issue: we run 10 man with 4 cloth dps ( 1 swaps to druid bear in case we need ), me lock 2 mages ( 1 of them is in the same situation as me ) and spriest ( druid guy ).
    The priest and 1 mage are officers , and our guild 'loot rules' are officers,gm prio over other members.
    My problem is since MoP came out i got 2 loot pieces from raids and we have 2/6 hc and 5/6 normal hof, and i'm just 480 ilvl ( the other mage is 477 i think ) and all other are 584 at least .
    This is not all, the GM also starts to bitch up because I do to low dps ( eg: 75k when we downed garalon ) , told him that I'm a lot lower ilvl then other dps and he said that's not the problem, the problem is me , and started to say stuff like go read forums, l2p etc.
    Last night at Mel'jarak the cloth boots droped with hit/mastery. Me and the mage had the boots from sha quest . And ofc the fire mage took it. Those boots as far as I know are normal bis for warlocks ( demo - afli I play ) .

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not a loot whore but raiding for 1 months and just got 1 item..seems I'm raiding for nothing.
    Opinions?
    The bolded part is just fucked up, seriously. And I'm the founder and officer of my raiding guild right now. I don't see any real reason to prioritize officers like that when it comes to looting. Just greed.

    P.S You're not that badly geared really. I'm ilvl481 on my elemental shaman, with slightly lower progress.

  2. #42
    i usually dont say this:
    But it sounds to me like you are better off in another guild.
    If this is how it works, and you are not just telling your side of the story, this guild seems very very bad.

    Edit:
    Im also the founder, GM and Raid leader of the guild im in.
    We have tank prio on loot, and for the record: im not a tank

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    The priest and 1 mage are officers , and our guild 'loot rules' are officers,gm prio over other members.
    These are completely retarded loot rules, and I really wonder why anyone would even consider raiding in that guild.

  4. #44
    Why do people do such systems, and even more Worryingly why do people abide by these rules. Why the hell people are in such guilds is beyond me, GM/Officer prio on loot is the most ridiculous thing ever, seriously get out of that system and find yourself a new guild.
    Last edited by Flimsy; 2012-11-15 at 12:36 PM.

  5. #45
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    The priest and 1 mage are officers , and our guild 'loot rules' are officers,gm prio over other members.
    My opinion? This rule is retarded.... for any guild that wants to do serious progression. There's no point discussing anything with people that believe this is a good rule.... you're better off finding a guild that has common sense in its 'management'.

  6. #46
    10g says that the rules are not as this guy has stated and he is just struggling to deal with the fact that he isn't performing very well.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravan View Post
    10g says that the rules are not as this guy has stated and he is just struggling to deal with the fact that he isn't performing very well.
    Don't count on it, I've seen guilds with similar systems. What I personally don't get it why the members in that guild actually bother raiding with said rules.

  8. #48
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,272
    Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    Hey,

    So I've been in this guild since beggining of DS. In that time I was recruit ofc and got loot in case members/officers pass it. Was ok with that.
    But now in MoP, I have the same issue: we run 10 man with 4 cloth dps ( 1 swaps to druid bear in case we need ), me lock 2 mages ( 1 of them is in the same situation as me ) and spriest ( druid guy ).
    The priest and 1 mage are officers , and our guild 'loot rules' are officers,gm prio over other members.
    My problem is since MoP came out i got 2 loot pieces from raids and we have 2/6 hc and 5/6 normal hof, and i'm just 480 ilvl ( the other mage is 477 i think ) and all other are 584 at least .
    This is not all, the GM also starts to bitch up because I do to low dps ( eg: 75k when we downed garalon ) , told him that I'm a lot lower ilvl then other dps and he said that's not the problem, the problem is me , and started to say stuff like go read forums, l2p etc.
    Last night at Mel'jarak the cloth boots droped with hit/mastery. Me and the mage had the boots from sha quest . And ofc the fire mage took it. Those boots as far as I know are normal bis for warlocks ( demo - afli I play ) .

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not a loot whore but raiding for 1 months and just got 1 item..seems I'm raiding for nothing.
    Opinions?

    Quit that guild. It is a bad guild.

  9. #49
    The GM and officers put in a lot more work than the rest of you coat tail riders so they deserve prio on whatever loot they can get. It's nowhere near adequate compensation for whatever they have to put up with, really. I'd take his advice and go read up and practice and l2p. What kind of person calls himself a raider when he doesn't want to do that? People these days just want the gear without putting any effort into it.

  10. #50
    That is the worst loot system I've ever heard of, at least all the DKP and loot council things had the intention of fairness and tank/healer priorities used to be about maximizing raid efficiency and utilizing op 2/4pc bonuses asap but a gm/officer priority loot system? fuck everything about that, you should have gquit yesterday.

  11. #51
    I'm sure some guilds have these rules, normally they don't last long. However the OP has made so many inaccurate statements and is clearly oblivious to the fact that 4 ilvls doesn't make up for the fact he is performing way under what a warlock of his ilvl should be performing at, therefore I'm not convinced that we are getting a full picture here.

  12. #52
    Wasn't there a thread by a guild leader who had such a system in place on this very forums and got flamed to the ground for it (in FL era I think). It went: He > His Friends (officers) > normal members > randoms. When with randoms all eligable players had to roll on every piece, if the random still got it they announced it was reserved already. Ridicioulsly vile bahaviour.

    Maybe you ended up in his guild?

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    The GM and officers put in a lot more work than the rest of you coat tail riders so they deserve prio on whatever loot they can get. It's nowhere near adequate compensation for whatever they have to put up with, really. I'd take his advice and go read up and practice and l2p. What kind of person calls himself a raider when he doesn't want to do that? People these days just want the gear without putting any effort into it.
    If it was not for the raid group "the none offcers" and the guild members the guild would be at zero kills and level 1.

    I use to GM myself and was a officer in many guilds to think that the GM and officers put in more work is bullshit its a group task. only thing they may do more then the others is invite members.

    On topic: as many have said leave the guild its a pore loot system and ur GM seems like a douche.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 12:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dravan View Post
    I'm sure some guilds have these rules, normally they don't last long. However the OP has made so many inaccurate statements and is clearly oblivious to the fact that 4 ilvls doesn't make up for the fact he is performing way under what a warlock of his ilvl should be performing at, therefore I'm not convinced that we are getting a full picture here.
    Even if he is under performing if this is the current loot system its still a shit system to use and its all about greed.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: Watch Dogs Playstation 4 Online Racing Gameplay "With a Funny Intro" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07NFyueVBz4
    https://www.youtube.com/playlistlist...mHKBKXjC6Rlagf
    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  14. #54
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,272
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    The GM and officers put in a lot more work than the rest of you coat tail riders so they deserve prio on whatever loot they can get. It's nowhere near adequate compensation for whatever they have to put up with, really. I'd take his advice and go read up and practice and l2p. What kind of person calls himself a raider when he doesn't want to do that? People these days just want the gear without putting any effort into it.

    As someone who was an officer of a guild before this is bullshit. They only have to put up with whatever mess they make. If there are problems in the guild it's because they are to bad to solve them correctly.



    People these days just want the gear without putting any effort into it.
    Like the officers who take gear from people who help them kill the boss?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If it was not for the raid group "the none offcers" and the guild members the guild would be at zero kills and level 1.

    I use to GM myself and was a officer in many guilds to think that the GM and officers put in more work is bullshit its a group task. only thing they may do more then the others is invite members.

    On topic: as many have said leave the guild its a pore loot system and ur GM seems like a douche.
    You clearly weren't a very good GM or officer. There is way more work involved in running a guild than 'inviting people'. Not saying that means you should take all loot yourself (I used EPGP in my own guild) but again if its your guild you run it how you like. There is no binding contract to hold you to a guild if you don't like it.

  16. #56
    Scarab Lord Descense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In oblivion
    Posts
    4,775
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    The GM and officers put in a lot more work than the rest of you coat tail riders so they deserve prio on whatever loot they can get. It's nowhere near adequate compensation for whatever they have to put up with, really. I'd take his advice and go read up and practice and l2p. What kind of person calls himself a raider when he doesn't want to do that? People these days just want the gear without putting any effort into it.
    Being a officer doesnt take more than 5 min of work trust me. Right now i lead the raid group. But only rule we have in our guild is that a maintank gets a priority on tank tokens (for a good reason).

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Being a officer doesnt take more than 5 min of work trust me. Right now i lead the raid group. But only rule we have in our guild is that a maintank gets a priority on tank tokens (for a good reason).
    Sounds like your research into potential strategies when you hit a new boss is definitely benefiting your guild progression.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    As someone who was an officer of a guild before this is bullshit. They only have to put up with whatever mess they make. If there are problems in the guild it's because they are to bad to solve them correctly.
    THis 100% as i said i have been the Gm in many guilds across many MMO's and most problems can be fixed without problems. if there is drama within the guild it is because ur GM and Officers let it be there.

    The only thing a GM dose more then the rest of the members is inviting people and if you say from the start that everyone can invite people then it even makes it more easy.

    People really do need to stop acting like being a GM/Officer is hard work cause it isn't if anything the Raid Leader for the group ur in dose more work then both.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: Watch Dogs Playstation 4 Online Racing Gameplay "With a Funny Intro" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07NFyueVBz4
    https://www.youtube.com/playlistlist...mHKBKXjC6Rlagf
    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    The GM and officers put in a lot more work than the rest of you coat tail riders so they deserve prio on whatever loot they can get. It's nowhere near adequate compensation for whatever they have to put up with, really. I'd take his advice and go read up and practice and l2p. What kind of person calls himself a raider when he doesn't want to do that? People these days just want the gear without putting any effort into it.
    Bullshit.
    Right now i've been forced into being GM and getting the raid rolling etc.
    I grant there's some work to it, specially since i'm picky with nice people, but there's no way i would take prio on gear, just for that role.
    Personally i like to let tank and healers get their gear first, and then dps, but we're raiding with everybody being able to loot on prio gear. People usually just pass on things if they think others need it more (We have a player we have to forcefeed with gear because she pass on everything possible :P )
    A player that isn't forming the raid, can easely spend more time preparing for the raid anyway. As in spending time on dummies, killing his brain on every daily he can find, gear several chars up for the need of the raid etc.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  20. #60
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    by contrast, despite having higher epgp than me, my GM passed on a bit of gear to me because it was better itemised for me. this happens very often. get a better guild man.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •