Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Been in the unfair loot situation a lot of times. And am there again for that matter. But i just stopped caring all together. Usualy ill beat the other dps anyways.
    But at the moment our 25 man realm first chasing guild has fallen appart cos of the weird loot system. Best players get all the Bis they want, average players get leftovers.

The gap b'tween players is increasing and the top players start to cry over the average players holding them back..... But how the hell is a ilvl 477 shammy gonna keep up with a allmost full BiS spriest.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have left that guild a long time ago. Nothing wrong with loot council, in fact I've been in guilds that use that before and were really fair, but when its literally "I run this guild so I get everything and you might get some scraps later." F*** them. Leave and find a more friendly and fair guild.

I would wave the finger to your GM and officers. For starters, they fact officers have prio over other raiders is just bad managing. Your officers are lootwhores. Now, 4 ilvls should not make a hugh difference in dps (unless it is caused by a weapon, as it seems to be, spellpower on a weapon does a lot I found out myself). But any officer believes that best player ranking is the same as DPS ranking, is an idiot.

Anyways, loot should be given out to all raiders evenly. you are far better of with players on the same ilvl, then 3-4 with 5-8 ilvls higher then the rest of the lot.

What I would do, is plan mutiny with other raiders, and kill the guild. Although progression is very good in your guild, I find it hard to believe it is fun to raid with these kind of nasty bitter people. With your experience you can easy find another guild to join.

Quote Originally Posted by shorc View Post
    Been in the unfair loot situation a lot of times. And am there again for that matter. But i just stopped caring all together. Usualy ill beat the other dps anyways.
    But at the moment our 25 man realm first chasing guild has fallen appart cos of the weird loot system. Best players get all the Bis they want, average players get leftovers.

The gap b'tween players is increasing and the top players start to cry over the average players holding them back..... But how the hell is a ilvl 477 shammy gonna keep up with a allmost full BiS spriest.....
    For a competitive guild, i don't see a problem in this.
    You say the best players get their BiS-items first. How is that wrong? It benefits the group overall. It's more progress pr ilvl than giving it out randomly. Yes the worse player in that top guild gets gear slower than the best, but it shouldn't take that long before they begin to get it.
    I guess it's like that in most competetive raids. Not that i would know. I just play for fun
    I take they're good enough to not blame the 477 shammy for not doing as well as a bis-decked shammy :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    What I would do, is plan mutiny with other raiders, and kill the guild. Although progression is very good in your guild, I find it hard to believe it is fun to raid with these kind of nasty bitter people. With your experience you can easy find another guild to join.
    Making himself a dramaqueen, and bad person is a great way to know not to get neither him, nor you into a raid.
    Learn to communicate, and don't try to rule the world through drama. Not gonna work anyway ;P
    Last edited by Terridon; 2012-11-15 at 01:07 PM.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Ditch this so called guild. be glad you found out fairly quickly what they are really about.

And those that think GM// officer is some damn job that entitles you to more loot quicker than the rest of the people. All you need to understand is if you have that view, your guild deserves all hell it gets since like others pointed out, All that prio loot system tells us is that some care so much about there own loot that they really want to screw the guild and the rest of the players just for the sake of themself getting loot

Deleted
    hahaha what a doushe guild!
    I would leave that guild in a second. officers/Gm gets loot first? haha what t.f. is that?
    Loot council is a very good way to handle loot but if GM/officers are such monkeywrenches then it will not work. Leavethat guild you will not regret it

Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    Hey,

Sour guild 'loot rules' are officers,gm prio over other members.
    There's your problem. That is an idiotic loot system. And you're an idiot to still raid in a guild with a loot system such as this. Demand a change to the loot system or find a new guild. epgp works fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravan View Post
    10g says that the rules are not as this guy has stated and he is just struggling to deal with the fact that he isn't performing very well.
    I'd be a very good lier if I invented everything up. I just said what's hapening in the guild and ask for people on the forum's opinion.
    And thanks for all the opinion bad or good. I will read some forums to increase my dps to near what it should be and yes I will probably leave the guild.

I'd be a very good lier if I invented everything up. I just said what's hapening in the guild and ask for people on the forum's opinion.
    And thanks for all the opinion bad or good. I will read some forums to increase my dps to near what it should be and yes I will probably leave the guild.
    First of all, that loot priority is stupid. I would have left the second I learned about it, if I were you.

Secondly... even if it were NOT the priority, if you aren't expected to last since you are underperforming, most people would be hesitant to throw upgrades your way when there are people in the raid that are going to be around for a while that need them. If you've already made it past your trial period, then I would just leave. But if not, don't expect to get loot over established raiders until you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygete View Post
    First of all, that loot priority is stupid. I would have left the second I learned about it, if I were you.

Secondly... even if it were NOT the priority, if you aren't expected to last since you are underperforming, most people would be hesitant to throw upgrades your way when there are people in the raid that are going to be around for a while that need them. If you've already made it past your trial period, then I would just leave. But if not, don't expect to get loot over established raiders until you do.
    I'm in the guild for 1 year , I'm a raider now, for 6 months . I've been in all raids in this expansion, attendance 100% .Things whre diferent in the start when everyone had same ilvl , I was top 3 on all bosses no1 said Good job...anyway..

Thanks for the update. Nice to know what the conclusion is to a thread^^
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I'm in the guild for 1 year , I'm a raider now, for 6 months . I've been in all raids in this expansion, attendance 100% .Things whre diferent in the start when everyone had same ilvl , I was top 3 on all bosses no1 said Good job...anyway..
    Dunno why you would make the thread if you didn't want the advice, the guild is terrible. Gather up all the non officers demand a change of rules, then if they decline that leave.

Deleted
    im sorry but any guild which puts officers core above the rest of the group are just bad guilds, just cos you started with the 7-8 of you doesnt make them the best players in the raid, worth of the items they get. The way i do loot is group loot on raids, but if you need when you have the same or better will get you banned from raiding for a week, unless you give it to someone worthy.

Deleted
    I don't think you need to leave guild immediately, you should start off by looking at other places and when you find good one, do the move.

Until that you could just skip raids, use guild as source of perks and repair money, just act like social member of that guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    That's probably the dumbest loot system I've ever heard of. You should bail.
    Yeah, I@m on a backwater server and even here I don't think any guilds would try t oget away with something like this :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravan View Post
    Sounds like your research into potential strategies when you hit a new boss is definitely benefiting your guild progression.
    That's everyone's task really. Learn about the new boss. The only thing a raidleader has to do then is assign the tasks to specific persons. It's not the task of the GM or raidleader to learn the tactics and explain them to everyone. If people are unaware of the fight itself and the mechanics they should get minus DKP or something perhaps...

Deleted
    So after all the responses I got here, I updated my guild story waiting again for opinions.
    thanks

So after all the responses I got here, I updated my guild story waiting again for opinions.
    thanks
    Opinions? Your guild sounds horrible, I'd leave.

We loot council our guild, but that doesn't mean as GM I get prio on loot; any guild that prios GM/officers is just asking for it's members to go somewhere else.

As people have said, stay with them until you find somewhere else (just on the off chance you might be allowed to have some loot), and then leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    I imagine being in a raid like that in firelands, being a feral druid, and see a hunter get fandrals flamescyte.
    /shudder O_o

I personally enjoyed having a Hunter take my Journey's End from Naxx because he was a total douche, and the GM/officers didn't have the balls to tell him no; he had 1 more DKP than me so nothing I could do without the officers backup - It was such a shame they refused to let me spend my DKP on the ICC bows as I totally would have done it out of spite.

At least blizzard has now fixed those few horribly selfish Hunters by removing their melee weapons. /rejoice
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2013-01-24 at 11:47 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT-UPDATE:

Hello again,
    So i wanted to say what happened after all the replies I got here. The mage left 2-3 days after I made this thread. SO it was me and my friend mage and the officer priest. So know each other pretty well so we started to ask eachother about loot, so we all got something.
    After this thread ended I wathed some guides etc for afli spec because I focused more on afli after this. ANd my dps got up a lot. Got some new items, etc. And I'm top 3 dps now, the GM is not comlaining about my dps anymore ofc. I was 2nd on 2 heroic Garalon kills, 2nd on wind lord hc kill and so on.

THis week the GM got 2 new players for the raid. A very good disc priest ( nothing wrong with him ) , and a friend of him , a monk with around 475 ilvl . Last night ( wednesday ) , me and the mage were benched for msv because they wanted to try those 2 players. The officer priest asked us if we want items . Me and the mage still need elegon hc trinket; and he said he would pass he's spot , also 2 other players would pass for us on that boss, hunter and druid. Elegon came, we were all on vent, BUT the gm refuses to swap us with those ho wanted out, with no actual reason, all the officer voted on officer chat ( officers meaning: gm's brother , the priest, 2 tanks and another monk ; yes 6 officers for a 10 man guild ) and after all the chat the priest was demoted to raider from officer and he anounced that he wont be taking any decision for the guild. We were set out. And that's pretty much all.

Now tbh, me and the mage gonna stay 1 more week to see how it goes, and start looking for a guild probably. Clearly the gm doesnt like us.

thoughts? Opinions?

Same as before. That is a bad guild. Leave it.

Deleted
    Why are you in this guild!? Why would you want to raid in this way? I'd never play in a raid group where people don't play as equals, and neither should you.